• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Release Notes version 1.1 + Chapter VII: Fairies

DeletedUser246

Two examples of cities.
1 Elvish and 1 Human.
Both with all expansions placed.
Produced to be beautiful, sustainable and maintain a good ranking.

1- Elvish City (Planks, Scrolls and Magic Dust)
tCxc4jZ.jpg

2- Human City (Planks, Silk and Magic Dust)

sH95Mvt.jpg

I hope you like this layout.
These layouts will give you a ranking of about 120-130k points if they are about nearly 280 provinces conquered.
;););););)

DeletedUser408

BTW, i like the new challenge of fairies and the weird goods times requirements, for the most part i can only run the 1hrs and 1.5hrs Day and night goods after work for a few hours and on weekends, and the longer ones overnight and during work week. I am fine with this, makes it a bit tougher to plan and get thru Tech, No need to rush thru it in 2 weeks like in FOE :) what i learned from Dwarves is to upgrade Portal ASAP and then upgrade day/night quickly as well. then rest of tech falls in place with the 24/daily KP unless you fight more. But i don't see the point to get to far past the 130 secotrss required as new Techs will come and other features that might require provinces stuff(like we all learned for AW's, lots of wasted sectors we could not collect Runes)
So looking forward in a few months or so the next race
Overall content with new tech so far
Good Job Inno

DeletedUser762

i think they guys here are a lot more clever than Foe guys , and the fact that we no can go on and unlock many tech without the debilitaing stuff to produce hunderds of thousands of whatever is good. respect guys. :)

DeletedUser246

Two examples of cities.
1 Elvish and 1 Human.
Both with all expansions placed.
Produced to be beautiful, sustainable and maintain a good ranking.

1- Elvish City (Planks, Scrolls and Magic Dust)
tCxc4jZ.jpg

2- Human City (Planks, Silk and Magic Dust)

sH95Mvt.jpg

I hope you like this layout.
These layouts will give you a ranking of about 120-130k points if they are about nearly 280 provinces conquered.
;););););)

New constructions.

9hz7au3.jpg

bATq6ta.jpg

I hope u guys like it.

DeletedUser503

I am not quite to the end of the Dwarf Age, but I have seen Fairy buildings in
my members cities. I want to pass my compliments on to Inno's art department,
or whatever it's called , lol. The graphics for the Fairy buildings, workshops, farms,
etc, are just gorgeous. :D I can't wait to add them to my city and change all the clunky,
stiff, dwarf designs into something beautiful again. Thank you for your imaginative
graceful designs. :) Just please, don't go crazy on the pink now .

DeletedUser338

Their individual buildings always look amazing. They may not do everything right, but things sure do look pretty. It's actually a shame I can't build at least one of every factory (and still be fine when it comes to producing goods).

ophion

The only disappointment for me is the Fairy crystal building updates for the Elves...especially levels 16, 17 and 18.
Compared to the Human ones...which are beautiful...the Elven updates are rubbish in comparison.

DeletedUser199

Elvenar beta is not a test server, ...

Dear Goryn,

The German Mods told me that this statement of yours is false. Beta is a test server.

So please correct your statement, so everybody will know what is true and what is wrong.

Thank you in advance!

Allan

DeletedUser629

Dear Goryn,

The German Mods told me that this statement of yours is false. Beta is a test server.

So please correct your statement, so everybody will know what is true and what is wrong.

Thank you in advance!

Allan

I don't have to correct anything. I think i know what this server is better than any member of any language server. So you can take that back to your German mods, or they can come here so i can explain to them what this server is exactly.

Inno has test servers for Staff members, your German mods know this. Beta is not one of them. We get releases here to hunt for bugs that slipped through before the update is going live. Other than that, this is a server where people can play in the exact same way as any language server.

DeletedUser651

Elvenar beta is not a test server, but a server where players can play in the same way as any live server, with the difference of getting new updates earlier. This is of course done so we have time to hunt for bugs, report them, and kill them.

Tomato tomato.

(I guess that doesn't sound so good in print. lol)

Don't fight boys.

DeletedUser199

I don't have to correct anything. I think i know what this server is better than any member of any language server. So you can take that back to your German mods, or they can come here so i can explain to them what this server is exactly.

Inno has test servers for Staff members, your German mods know this. Beta is not one of them. We get releases here to hunt for bugs that slipped through before the update is going live. Other than that, this is a server where people can play in the exact same way as any language server.

Thank you very much, Goryn. This was my original opinion, too. But the whole flock of German Mods harrassed me, when I stated this opinion. Now I will confront them with your answer. For me it's logical that a long-serving Beta-Mod knows more about his server than young German welps who don't even read the Beta Forum.

I'm curious about their answer

DeletedUser629

Thank you very much, Goryn. This was my original opinion, too. But the whole flock of German Mods harrassed me, when I stated this opinion. Now I will confront them with your answer. For me it's logical that a long-serving Beta-Mod knows more about his server than young German welps who don't even read the Beta Forum.

They should know Inno has special test servers. Things have been tested long before it's released on Beta, but this doesn't prevent bugs from slipping through, and that is where we come in. Sometimes beta is nice to play on because you get everything before the rest does, like the fairies, but you could also get some huge bugs which sometimes makes playing very hard, and your patience is tested, but that's beta.

DeletedUser199

Their answers are:

Das Erste was wir tun sollten wäre den Kontext von der Aussage zu bewerten. Ich habe mit Muf-Muf, dem Beta Community Manager, gesprochen. Beta ist unser Testserver und wird es auch bleiben. Das wird in der Regel auch so kommuniziert. In dem Thema war der allgemeine Tonus "Die Entwickler testen gar nicht und wir müssen das machen" und der Wunsch war, dass die Entwickler auf BETA testen sollen.
Die eigentliche Intention des Moderators war klarzustellen, dass BETA kein Testserver für Entwickler ist (wir haben intern unsere Eigenen), aber es ist sehr wohl ein Testserver für alle Spieler, welche Interesse daran haben.

Also die offizielle Antwort:
Beta ist unser offener Testserver für alle Spieler, welche Interesse daran haben Updates vor dem Live Release zu testen. Wir behalten uns vor vor einem Live Release Änderungen an der Version vorzunehmen wenn sie nötig sind.

"The first thing we should do, would be evaluate the context of the statement (Beta is not a test-server). I have talked with Muf-Muf, the Beta Community Manager. Beta is and will be our test-server. Usually this is also communicated in this way. In the topic ( thread) the general tone was: "the devs are not testing at all and we have to do this" and it has been wished, that the devs should test on Beta.
The original intention of the mod (GORYN) was to make clear that Beta is no test-server for devs (internally we've got our own), but it (Beta) still is a test -server for all players who are interested.

So the official answer is:
Beta is our open test-server for all players, who are interested to test updates before they get released on live servers. We reserve the right to make changes on a version before being released on live Servers, in case they are necessary."

So the German Mods don't read the Beta Forum. They maintain to talk with another Beta-Mod and get the information above.

Maybe my English in't good enough, but I really couldn't find anything like the things stated above in this thread. To me it seems to be pure fantasy.

So possibly you may understand my confusion.

Hi everyone,

Please allow us to explain how we see Beta, but first let me say that I don't think anyone has made "untrue" statements in this thread. Maybe some statements came across wrongly and/or may have been misinterpreted, but I believe the intention behind them was right. But this is of course always a risk on a forum, especially on one as international as this one. :)

At Elvenar we use the Beta as a test server, and that is how we normally advertise it too. Beta is used to test updates before they go to our Live worlds (all other Elvenar versions, e.g. the German or the French versions). In that sense it is indeed a test server. Is Beta the only test server? No, it is not. We have multiple test servers that we only use internally - these are used by our developers to create the game versions which are then tested by our Quality Assurance (QA) department. On those test servers, it is allowed for the testers to use every tool they can think of, including boosting accounts manually. On Beta we cannot and will not allow that ever, which is part of the reason why our internal QA'ers are not actively testing on Beta, but on the internal servers.

This all of course gives two definitions of "test server":
  1. A server on which our development team creates and our QA department tests an update, and
  2. A server on which an update is tested before it is released on the Live worlds
Katwijk's description above of Beta being a sort of "dry run" or "full dress rehearsal" is quite a fitting one, I believe: Beta's version is normally the version that will go to the Live servers, although we do of course try to fix as many bugs that are found on Beta before the update goes to our Live servers (with the so-called "hotfixes" that we perform on Beta before the release of the version to Live). Since the beginning of 2016 we have two weeks to test our updates on Beta, compared to a single week before that, which is already a great improvement, and together with the Diamond rewards for bug reports, this has increased Beta's results hugely. Of course we are continuously trying to improve even further, and we'll always welcome ideas for that.

Both types of "test servers" mentioned above are very important, please don't underestimate that. The biggest benefit of Beta over the internal servers is that Beta has a few thousand more players, who are all helping tremendously in making Elvenar better. With the bigger player numbers, we can also test e.g. server performance ("How does a server that's very similar to a normal, Live server respond to this game version?"), as well as getting a lot of bug reports from a lot of players. Many bugs that are found are from (very) specific scenarios that are just impossible to think of, but just "happen" to some players who play regularly. This is one of the reasons why we're always asking for reproduction steps for issues: it can be quite a specific chain of events that leads to buggy behaviour. :)

It does not mean that we can or will just deploy any odd version to our Beta server. Any version released on Beta is an already heavily-tested version, which has passed intensive QA testing before it will see the light of the Beta server. If an update on Beta is deployed later than would normally be the case, you can be fairly sure that it is because the game version did not pass our internal QA tests, and had to be improved and re-tested until it did pass the tests. Unfortunately we cannot always bring perfect versions to Beta, which is why you will encounter bugs on this server, but that's also why we have Beta in the first place: ideally to filter out any remaining bugs. We take pride in the job that we have to do, because at Beta we have the chance to improve Elvenar for everyone worldwide by finding bugs and preventing as many as possible within the timeframe available from even reaching our Live servers.

To sum up, Beta is a test server, but Beta is not being used actively as a test server by our development team and QA department. Updates to Beta have already been tested before reaching Beta on internal test servers, which are not available for our player community. We will always try to improve the game version released on Beta as much as is possible before the version is released to our Live versions.

We hope that this clears up any doubt there may be surrounding this topic. Should there still be questions, please never hesitate to let us know - we are always looking for feedback and will always try to answer your questions as well as we can. :)

DeletedUser651

Since the beginning of 2016 we have two weeks to test our updates on Beta

Tomorrow, version 1.2 is coming to the live servers. It has not been fixed here yet. So either it will be going live with all the bugs we have here where players have been unable to play for weeks , OR it will be a totally untested repaired version of the version we have here. We all know a lot of the fixes bring more broken things to the table. Isn't bringing 1.2 a violation of what you are saying?