• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Release Notes version 1.1 + Chapter VII: Fairies

We have just released a hotfix for 1.2, fixing a number of issues. Check out the Release Notes for version 1.2 for more information. Also, stating that it will be "a totally untested" version is wrong. Please read my post above, where I have explained that any version deployed on Beta is an already heavily-tested version.

DeletedUser

@Muf-Muf No... According to what you wrote, it was only testes by limited number of internal testers, probably with so called, "happy paths" and calling this "heavily tested" can be treated as misunderstanding :D Just to bring focus on what you said and also bring proper perspective... If closed internal beta was so heavily tested, how it was possible to bring here such bugs we were experiencing for 2 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Muf-Muf If closed internal beta was so heavily tested, how it was possible to bring here such bugs we were experiencing for 2 weeks?

I'm convinced u'll understand that at this moment nobody can say anything, but be sure your question will be forwarded, like always, to the national sub secretary of salt and pepper ...

DeletedUser118

I too am wondering how something that "heavily tested" as you said could still have bugs like the one of the missing expansion and especially the missing buildings in the city included. Did this really never happen to any of your testers at all? o_O

DeletedUser867

Love the plural possessive. Royal usage, sycophant, or slip of the tongue?
Get over it. In technical writing, the underlying assumption is that ANYBODY with sufficient technical chops would come to the same conclusions.

I would refer you to the following documents, or any of a host of similar style guides for technical writing.
Academic writing, scientific reports, business reports and some types of reference books usually require a more detached, measured tone. You don’t need (or want) to create a personal bond with the reader in these types of writing; certainly the reader will not want to be overly aware of your presence. Second or first person writing would most likely sound presumptuous, awkward and unprofessional. Writing in the third person creates an appropriate sense of distance or formality between the reader and the writer.

DeletedUser651

:D
In technical writing, the underlying assumption is that ANYBODY with sufficient technical chops would come to the same conclusions.

Even my 6th grade niece knows what happens when you make assumptions. :D

Grammar lesson of the day for the non English speakers:

The word "we" in English is first person plural.

DeletedUser651

Did you know that the word "our" is also first person plural? Only now, it is first person plural possessive as opposed to first person plural subjective as is the word "we". The word "us" is first person plural objective.

Ain't English grammar fun? But we totally digress. Back to the game discussion!!

DeletedUser1122

Hello everyone :)

I got the "Sell your dwarven portal site" quest and this made me think about something (maybe you've already talked about it)
By selling the portal I will loss granite et copper. This means I won't be able to build Dwarven Street anymore.
Blossom Street is far away in the skill tree and this sounds a bit stupid. Why putting this so far when we can't build Dwarven Street anymore ?
I'll need new streets with the futures expansions i will get. I could use Ornate Street, but meh. Something is wrong.

DeletedUser1250

Since march 16, release 1.2 the guest specific goods won't be deleted anymore.

• When deleting Guest Race Portals, the race-specific Goods are no longer deleted

DeletedUser

Hello everyone :)

I got the "Sell your dwarven portal site" quest and this made me think about something (maybe you've already talked about it)
By selling the portal I will loss granite et copper. This means I won't be able to build Dwarven Street anymore.
Blossom Street is far away in the skill tree and this sounds a bit stupid. Why putting this so far when we can't build Dwarven Street anymore ?
I'll need new streets with the futures expansions i will get. I could use Ornate Street, but meh. Something is wrong.
You wont need the Granite & Copper anymore, it's of no use to you.
The Dwarven streets only work with dwarven buildings which as above, you wont need anymore. and I believe the Fairy buildings are quite big so you may need the space.

DeletedUser1250

You wont need the Granite & Copper anymore, it's of no use to you.
The Dwarven streets only work with dwarven buildings which as above, you wont need anymore. and I believe the Fairy buildings are quite big so you may need the space.

That is not correct. The dwarven streets are normal streets and meant to connect buildings like the workshops to the main hall. Granite and copper will be needed for it, even after finishing the dwarven chapter.

I think you are talking about the portal tracks, those portal tracks are indeed only needed to connect the granite and copper mines to the dwarven portal.

DeletedUser

My bad, sorry your right, only portal tracks are not usefull anymore except for culture if you had a lot of them and might need to replace culture deficit first with a new culture building?

DeletedUser

The Fairy streets research is relatively early in the Section. The way the section is laid out, you'll want to be building these new roads as you go. The limits on storage for Ambrosia make it so that we have to build up the inventory, then have the ability to spend it on roads whenever we have too much for storage.

A lot depends on whether you really need the extra culture. Personally, I never built the Dwarven roads and I was glad when I saw the cost of the Fairy ones! Upgrading from Ornate to Fairy gave me a large jump in culture...so once you're certain you'll want the Fairy Roads, the expensive Dwarven ones are rather a waste unless you temporarily need the culture to make upgrades.

DeletedUser1025

I have just opened the fairies' wonders and cannot believe it - do I miss a point or does really the Tome of Secrets offer 500 supplies per every scout (when you get to the fairies a scout takes 2-3 days) and 1 kp per day???? Is this some kind of a joke like the battle units which could not be used in the section at all because they are still "coming soon"???
And the Golden Abyss - 200 population and 7500 coins per three hours (pending you click on it every three hours like the Dwarven Bulwark, I assume).
I guess these wonders are just a joke. Why would anyone build them? Well, no worries, I have done a second scout with these wonders researched and still have not received any rune.... maybe they are also "coming soon"?

I still cannot get my head around the Dwarven Bulwark producing the useless units of type 1 (in quantities good for the section I) and what about this?

DeletedUser1278

When will there be info on wiki about the new wonders
want to see if its good to build or not im not building it without more info

DeletedUser

Well I can't say one way or the other how good or bad they are as I have researched them but like you haven't built yet due to Runes needed.
All I will say is that like FoE great buildings (wonders) they are not that great to start with at level 1 but the higher the level the better the reward/bonus.
So don't take it at face value, and remember this is Beta where they are testing stuff before release on live servers, and any feedback from players could mean a rebalancing or tweaking to make things better. :)