• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.9

DeletedUser58

The game would never be a finished product, it will remain in development forever. This means it will get new features over time in closed beta, open beta, and once it no longer holds the 'beta' status. Of course, it makes revenue already, and those players get the items they buy with those diamonds. They also get to know that the game is still being worked on and they will receive additional features over time.

But simply because someone has purchased diamonds he or she does not get specific requests such as immediate release of new content. They will get new content when it's ready. For now it seems the focus is on testing out the basics of the game and fixing bugs so when new players do join they experience less issues with gameplay.

Their reviews, if they do them, will state their experience with the game and that it's still work in progress --- which is true, new features are being developed. There's just no guarantee that every game update will include a new feature, especially this early.

Cheers,
TP

DeletedUser

I think 'fixing bugs' stays in the interest of the game-provider/designer company, there is no need to try/sell a 'very, very good boy/girl-image' for fixing bugs and search for thousands 'tank-you-for-fixing-a-bug':

If you wanna sell a product and you don't fix the bugs, it will be harder to sell the product ...

To launch a simulation game (even in close beta) which after 3 weeks provides the same features like on it's first day, is, as I said before by my opinion, not the best strategy, thinking on it, that there are playing 'opinion leaders', 'reviewers' etc. playing this beta.

If you review the forum, you will see that people don't claim 'bigger houses', 'diamond quests' and things like this, but that people wants to go 'interactive' (guild, friends, interactive neighbors, chat etc.)

And let's face it: in terms of 'interactivity', there is not even glimmer on the horizon. Devolpers indulge in adulation to have 'fixed some bugs' (which also wasn't/isn't true in every case the mentioned ...)

And I sincerely believe leaving the game - only for updating houses and factories nobody needs a new game ... there are various out already in Internet.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser58

I am not sure in how many games you've beta tested, but I've seen no case or very rare cases where in closed beta you get new features in the span of 3 weeks. They are working on many features but they will only release them after they're ready. If I were to do a review of the game at the moment I would point out how I do like it and it clearly has potential, but that it's lacking certain features. Once the game does go live it will have most of those features so my review doesn't in any way reflect on the game properly.

They're doing a closed beta testing, giving us the chance to try out their product before it's put out on the market. We're seeing a product being shaped into what it's meant to be in that process. They don't have to do this and they certainly don't have to fix any bugs for us because they can just shrug it off to "it's closed beta so it's bound to have a lot of bugs, if you don't want those try playing the game when it's not in beta" or something similar. Thus I quite see a need to be thankful for fixing game issues.

We want them to keep working on the game and to provide good content, and that is a two-way street --- we're respectful toward them and provide constructive feedback and in return they work to keep us happy. I don't see the point of complaining about missing features at this stage of the game, especially since they have not advertised any new content being added (hence it shouldn't be a surprise or a disappointment to anyone). It would have been nice, obviously, but it doesn't make the experience any weaker.

Cheers,
TP

DeletedUser

I do not know if you're so naive or are part of the system: a browser game is not a 'nice and desired gift' brought by a game-company like Santa Claus brings gifts at X-mas.

A browser game is a product to sell, which needs its public relations, its (working) characteristics and properties, which also depends on being different regarding to other, already existing games.

I tried this game because I've been asked to try it, expecting to get some better critics as FoE, and I am/was willing to find the point why people should wait, expect, desire etc. this game.

But if basic idea is, 'maybe in 4 - 5 years there will be something you can tell about this game', I think, beta (as part of public relations) doesn't work properly.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser58

I don't know what's naive about my views nor which system we're talking about. Of course a browser game is a product to sell, and this game already has what to sell. It's missing features which will be added over time. That time could be a month or two, or even a few months, no one has mentioned any years let alone 4 or 5 so no need to bring that up repeatedly. Big features, which players can enjoy and use for a while, take time to develop and implement. Clearly the current focus is to ensure the basics are working before adding other things to the game, though that may have slipped past you.

The game will get its great reviews once its ready and becomes available to everyone. At this stage all it needs is a "its got a nice premise and a lot of potential, it looks promising and hopefully with some additional content it will be fantastic." And that's what it would get from me as well.

I'm not sure who has asked you to try Elvenar and what they told you, but all I got "advertised" for this product can be found here:
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-awakening-of-a-new-world-innogames-introduces-elvenar.15/ and that has been delivered. It has also been stated that other features are in the work so we can expect to see additional content, but it was never promoted they will become available with the passing update.

Cheers,
TP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31

ThePhantom is absolutely right. I re-read Extranjero's posts and he semms to be a troll to me. Based on his manner... I don't know why he does this...

But this is offtopic.

To say something ontopic:
I think it's more important to fix present issues and bugs than to implement half-done features that can cause more issues. And based on what I see, Elvenar is on a really good way of becoming a great game.

DeletedUser

People shouldn't expect to get tons of new features within a few weeks. First priority is to get the basic game working without bugs, and that's why we are here, we're the test bunnies. I'm pretty sure they'll come up with new stuff soon, but only when they're sure all the other stuff is working like it's supposed to.

DeletedUser

Filters in the Trader should now stay in place after accepting an offer ---> I LOOOOOOOOOVE this one, thanks. It was a pain before.

Military units should now no longer ignore obstacles in the terrain ---> Also great stuff. My archers thank you on this one :]

DeletedUser

Found another nice feature:

If you move your main hall, 'improvement-symbols' on culture buildings disappear. This might be very helpful if you don't want to know which of your culture buildings hast been 'boosted' by your neighbors.

Best regards, Extranjero

DeletedUser31

You should post these in the bugreport forum, and not here, being sarcastic and everything. :)
Have a nice day. :)