• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser613

In the release notes for 30 there is no mention that hardware acceleration will be turned on, yet it has been, there are serious issues still with hardware acceleration, for my computer (new in July) it acts like a brake, a serious lag when exiting any neighbours city in the world map (3 - 5 seconds) and also giving shockwave flash crash notifications on every exit, so turned it back off again

DeletedUser31

Dear players,
As you can see, I have removed some posts from this topic. These have been read and we will forward the valuable feedback from them, just like we normally do with other posts. They were deleted because they either contained insults, or were disrespectful towards others (players and team as well), or simply offtopic.

Players are complaining. We read that, understood that. How about giving feedback that is actually valuable? What do you want to see happening to the current system? We'll see what we can do. But please understand this: Quests are in the game to give challenge to players. As many of you said: they are not essential part of the game. This is right, they give something that you can "fight" for. This is a city building strategy game. Let's break that down:
City building: Where players are supposed to build and upgrade a city to make it more efficient, or more aesthetically pleasing, whatever their own goal is. Therefore me as a player, or as a team member can't really see why would anyone just build a bunch of low-level buildings, as they are nowhere as efficient or good looking as the higher level buildings.
Strategy game: A game where a player has to decide what path they're going to take. To decide, players have to think about their possibilities. "How much time do I have for this game?"; "Do I want to fight or produce goods more?" etc. This obviously has effect on the first part.

Now that we cleared what game we play, let's talk about quests: As said before by many, quests are addition to the game. In the past we had several issues with the quests, as many players abused the system and simply played a grind-game, not Elvenar. This needed to stop, so we decided to rework the quest system. Reason: This threatened the balance of the game. Players who focused on rerolling the quests over and over again received a lot of resources with minimal work, whereas players who played the game in a decent manner received a lot less. This is unfair towards our players, so we needed to change things. As I said before, the system is undergoing changes, just bear with us.

Some players mentioned that now they have to start 3 hours long productions at night. This is also a question of decision. Decide: Is it worth for me to start 3-hours long production before going to bed, so my Workshops will stay still for a while, but at least I can finish a quest? OR Should I just keep the quest and get back to it in the morning, I will do 9-hour productions at night. Everyone can decide what is worth for them.

In the release notes for 30 there is no mention that hardware acceleration will be turned on, yet it has been
It was activated a while ago, you can read more about it in this announcement.

We will keep an eye on this topic. We are waiting for your valuable feedback. Please refrain from insults and any posts that are against our forum rules, especially §2.

DeletedUser

The most wanted decision for most of the players now would be whether they still need to continue playing this otherwise boring game or not ... Other things can be thought later once this important decision is made .....Now the mods have started censoring of the Forum posts too ... way to go !!! Except one post which was a direct insult to another player's opinion I don't remember seeing anybody actually insulting anybody else other than pointing out each other's fallacies .... Also if the said posts were deleted don't the mods think of it as a decency to inform what they found wrong in that post for it to be deleted to the player who had posted those??? I don't think there should be any more feedback threads at all if the dev's do think what they do is always right and they don't want to listen to complaints about it ... Useless exercise IMHO .... I am so done with this forum ...No more posts from me anymore on anything ... to hell with this game too ... If this how they treat their beta testers who are here only to test the game for them free of cost (infact some of them even paying real money to do that) ... God save the player who are on Live servers ...

DeletedUser1388

I just wonder, if somebody from Inno thought deeper in changing the coin quest to require tools (crazy idea: give me coins and tools so I give you tools). For sure not, as we experienced from past so called "balancing" updates. Let me explain: coins were never too big problem in the game. We used coins to somewhat replenish our tools reserves. This if a fact. But a good part of our coins come from visiting the neighbors. Now we don't have too much reason in visiting them, just those who visited us. I'm not talking about people with 20 neighbors, if you understand what I mean :)

Ok, probably I will have no tools coverage to operate all my manufactures... Let's say instead of 20 I will operate only 16... and?! What big deal achieved Inno??? What they "balanced"? If I demolish a few manufactures and build workshops instead I will be in the same situation as operating just 16 instead of 20...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

It's amazing to see how many people are having trouble with supplies, but are completely unwilling to build more workshops. What's wrong, people?
Okay, no, actually, I can answer that question myself. Workshops are boring. They cost a lot and you don't see what they give back until it's too late (like right now). But even now you people can't see that they're important! "Yea, but I'll just build a few lvl 1 workshops so I can finish that quest" FORGET THE @#$! QUEST. Make your city self-sufficient already!

DeletedUser651

Players who focused on rerolling the quests over and over again received a lot of resources with minimal work, whereas players who played the game in a decent manner received a lot less.

Please see the comment below.

Please refrain from insults.

Yes. How about you refrain from insulting us? So now many of us are playing indecently? Indecently?

Minimal work? Wow. Just wow.

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your night.

DeletedUser651

Quests are in the game to give challenge to players. As many of you said: they are not essential part of the game.

So then get rid of the quests and see what happens. Do you know when the stock market does the worst? It is in times of uncertainty. Want to know when real estate does the worst? It is when the government of the country makes laws saying they can confiscate it any time. You want valuable feedback....stop messing with the economics of the game. Pick something. I don't care what, but pick something. Then stick with it. The worst thing you can is exactly what you keep doing. And STOP insulting your dang customers. Don't you like money?

DeletedUser

First of all I have to say I find the way players have been treated in this forum very disrespectful... Players haven't exploited this game, they didn't hack it, they only adapted to the game you have made in order to play it the most efficiently way.
Now putting that aside, the repeatable quests are just a symptom of the problems of the game, and instead of fixing the underlining causes you insist on just nerfing the quests again and again.

The dev team should instead be asking themselves, why do the players build so many goods manufactories and not enough workshops? what can we do to lead players to correct this imbalance so that players don't have to rely so much on these quests?

Now there might be other reasons, but I can see mainly two reasons this happens:

First one is an easy fix. Several players build their city to be the top ranked players, and since building loads of goods manufactories is the best way to to gain points, that's what they do. Now this is a really easy thing to fix, just decrease the amount of points that the manufactories give and increase the amount of points given by workshops. There you go, players that want to attain the highest score will adapt and build more workshops and less manufactories and they will have more supplies and less need for the quests.

If this was the only issue, it would be really easy to solve. Unfortunately, its not the only one, and its not even the main one. Players build so many manufactories because the amount of goods required to play the game is ridiculous. Why? Because the battle system is so poor that players find themselves obligated to negotiate to be able to gain any provinces after a certain point. For me this is the crux of the problem.

Now i can almost see you thinking, but we have to limit the provinces that you can win, otherwise players would end up with too many expansions and high boosts and we can't have that. I accept that, but then, I rather you put a limit to the provinces you can scout and say: for this time in the game this is as far as you are allowed in the game.
At the same time, make it that within the limit you have set, the fights are winnable by anyone willing to fight. They don't have to be easy, but they shouldn't be impossible. Make it so you only win them if you fight manually for example, or give massive losses to players who auto fight, so that each provinces still presents a challenge to conquer, but make it possible to get them without having to resort to negotiating.
As more content is release, expand the number of provinces you can do, giving players a chance to win more provinces.

Yes, some players would still complain that they would be blocked in the map after they had conquered everything that was available to them, but it would be a more honest way to stop players from amassing too many expansions and high boosts than what you have now.

This would also mean that players wouldn't need to negotiate everything, reducing the amount of goods needed for the game, which, combined with the points change, would lead to players not having so many goods manufacturies and having more workshops. Which in turn would create more balanced cities and less need for players to do quests over and over just to gain supplies.
It would also mean players would have a bigger incentive to learn how to fight, and explore the game more fully and be less bored as they would have something else to do besides collecting stuff. Oh, and those military Ancient Wonders would actually be of use, instead of being something for us to laugh at.

Some players would not fight because they don't enjoy it, they would still be able to negotiate, but I believe that most players would love to be able to fight again and have more balanced cities.

Fix the points system, fix the battle system and the quests won't be an issue anymore. Stop attacking players for making the best they can do with the unbalanced game you have designed, and fix the underlining issues.

DeletedUser1388

Make your city self-sufficient already!
Self sufficient city? Why shall we visit then the neighbors? Why shall we do quests? If this is the way to play, to have self sufficient city, why they are not taking out the visits and the quests? Right now the real gameplay time is so short, let's kill the visits and the quest - what remains? Maybe playing another, more rewarding game

DeletedUser338

For the extras? I mean, apparently you're all competitive enough to cycle quests all day, so I don't think you'll have a problem visiting neighbours for a little bit extra.

DeletedUser613

It was activated a while ago, you can read more about it in this announcement.

I am aware of the original turning on of Hardware acceleration and I turned it off some months ago as it was causing problems, however, with the new update released yesterday, the hardware acceleration has been turned back on but there was nothing in the release notes to say that this was the case

DeletedUser778

Collecting stuff -> slow and laggy
Starting production again -> slow and laggy
Zoom -> sometimes laggy
World map -> longer loading times and sometimes blue background again

Looks to me like you decreased game performance with the update :(

Turning HW acceleration off fixed most of it for me.
So with 0.30 I have to turn it off the first time ever since it was introduced, if you want to make the game only playable with HW acceleration on it looks like your going the wrong way, because I never had problems with HW acceleration before 0.30.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Same here. But not only did I have to turn it off, I also have to reload the game from time to time to see new messages in the chat or even notifications and messages. Whatever you guys have done to the game, plz turn it back to what it was before 0.30... This game is now a real pain in the a... :(

DeletedUser1231

That the gains of the repetitive quests revised downwards does not surprise me (and not me gene no more than not at all more) because it has been several times since the gains decrease.

The time blessed or I gained 6000 the goods for 45 000 collected golden coins is finished for quite a long time.
What me gene it is because the gains of quests revised downwards but that one have nothing to motivate us in return as for example much harder quests to be made but with runes to be won for example.

I am going to adapt myself as I always made him on this game (that I like very much) certainly by not making more than productions of 3 hours at night because the buildings of resources level 1 set still not badly of square, but please, if you modify the game in a way that our gains fall think of putting us something to compensate (as more rewarding gains of quests), you will see that the changes will be made with more serenity for everybody.

DeletedUser

I'm very happy for this improve! And I'm very happy for the new culture buldings! Congratulations and thank you! :p

Best regards,
Nash

DeletedUser283

if the quest asks me to collect advanced tools, so be it ...
I produce on 3 hours cycles to synchronize my workshops with my manufactories ;) (and 9 hours at night)
now I can understand that it may be disturbing for those who produce on different cycles, because players organize their productions according to the time they have.
I have 9 workshops because my barracks are endlessly producing (mostly treants), and if I am not spending a lot of supplies on upgrading an armory, I get to the top of my main hall very frequently, and I buy goods with the excess supplies;
same thing with gold because this setup requires quite some population.

DeletedUser264

m very happy for this improve! And I'm very happy for the new culture buldings! Congratulations and thank you! :p

Best regards,
According to the look of your town, you started playing today. A bit early to be able to judge improvements. :D

But seriously, the game is very slow, it freezes for a while after every single action and needs constant refreshing after a few actions, also after turning HW acceleration off.

DeletedUser519

I don't like the way they keep changing the quests either but for me its not much of a disruption
I have been playing different games designed by inno-games for quite a few years now
One thing I have learned is they will change things in their games ,how they want to , when they want to
You either learn to adapt to the changes or you don't
It is all a matter of choice (YOURS)
Blame the game and its employees if you want
At the end of the day you are the one who decided what route you were going to take
One other thing Seen thousands of posts on many forums about players threatening to leave if changes aren't reversed
Maybe 10% of those actually do
The players that quit game don't usually announce it on forum they just quit

DeletedUser199

They are harming the game play as it has been too easy to gain millions of coins and supplies without doing a lot of work for it. As a result, players didn't build many workshops, or culture buildings, cause why should you when culture bonus only gives you more coins and supplies, things you could get from quests easily.

Dear Goryn,

please tell me how many clicks and how many hours do you need to gain easily - let's say - just 3 millions of coins and 3 millions of supplies. And which quests do you use for it, when you are let's say in the second set of repeatable quests (Elves). I play here since the very beginning oft the game and I still haven't figured out an easy way to do so - so please help me (If you can't I must suppose that you never have played repeatable quests are just fantasizing things)

In which way do more coins and supplies harm the game, please explain.

What is easier: playing repeatable quests for hours or build a few buildings, sit down and collect every three or nine hours? Please explain!

Is it mandatory to build many workshops or culture buildings?
I couldn't find anything about this subject in the game rules. So please include it, so everybody will know.

It only shows that a lot of players built a city relying on those quests, and that's not the right way to do it.

I didn't know either that there is a right way to build a city.
So if there is a right way, all other ways must be wrong.

I think it is absolutely necessary to explain us what the right way to build a city is! Please do so!

Just one mor question: why do you offer repeatable quests, when playrs are not supposed to repeat them?
Please explain!

DeletedUser199

Players who focused on rerolling the quests over and over again received a lot of resources with minimal work, whereas players who played the game in a decent manner received a lot less. This is unfair towards our players, so we needed to change things. .

Dear Hoshi,

how have you changed. I really admired you at the start of the game ...

So there is a decent way to play the game!

You can be sure that every player wants to play the game in a decent manner.

Please tell us, what exactly is a decent manner to play the game:

how many repeatable quests are we supposed to do per day, how many workshops do we have to build, how much neighbourly help are we supposed to give ? It is obviously absolutely indecent to help my 155 discovered neighbours and 24 fellows every day. As this gives me a lot of coins with minimal effort!

Players who were lazily sitting on the sofa and did not bother to find out what the quest system was all about and didn't do any quests got less coins, supplies or ressources than those players who actually played the game, did quests, comunicated with other players in order to help each other and spent hours an hours in the game.

This is really unfair!