• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser

They are harming the game play as it has been too easy to gain millions of coins and supplies without doing a lot of work for it. As a result, players didn't build many workshops, or culture buildings, cause why should you when culture bonus only gives you more coins and supplies, things you could get from quests easily.

Of course players will complain, after all, what was once easy, has now become a bit harder. It only shows that a lot of players built a city relying on those quests, and that's not the right way to do it.

There are many things that are not right with this game but the players are still going on with it ...aren't they ?? By the way why should we do a lot of hard work in a game thats played for fun ?? :confused: So then keep making it harder and harder and you will see more blank spots on the map than what is there already ... Just saying something i know - Players don't like to play a game thats harder to play.... they would just simply quit playing that game if it becomes too hard for them to play...but one that needs a better strategy to play the whole game keeps the interest of the players ...After all most of them play this game for fun and not to get themselves stuck with harder things in a game ...Real life is already there for that ...Strategy and making one's game play harder is not one and the same ....How does making millions of coins and supplies harm a game play when the game demand billions of coins and supplies for every darn thing that needs to be done ?? Then maybe the dev's next should be bringing in a limit on how many residences and workshops a player can have ...that also will make things harder, no?? ...Sounds like a great idea ain't it??

before i was making arround 60 million coins a day
You will still be making millions of coins even now ... Quest has nothing to do with how many coins you are making per day ... it mainly depends on how many residences you have got in your city ....Quest only helped players to keep the coins collected in balance which otherwise will go down rapidly if you are actively playing the game and doing what the game expects you to do making players stuck in the game ...

DeletedUser629

before i was making arround 60 million coins a day
now its reduced finally but for my still to easy and getting to many product in my stock on the dutch server
In one the first there with more then 1000k
and thats gettting boring

But we are all different players, Mike. Some have the luxury to be able to play lots of hours a day, others cannot. A very important difference, is that the Dutch server may be small, it is very active, giving players more opportunities to get coins, supplies, and goods.

There are many things that are not right with this game but the players are still going on with it ...aren't they ?? By the way why should we do a lot of hard work in a game thats played for fun ?? :confused: So then keep making it harder and harder and you will see more blank spots on the map than what is there already ... Just saying something i know - Players don't like to play a game thats harder to play.... they would just simply quit playing that game if it becomes too hard for them to play...but one that needs a better strategy to play the whole game keeps the interest of the players ...After all most of them play this game for fun and not to get themselves stuck with harder things in a game ...Real life is already there for that ...Strategy and making one's game play harder is not one and the same ....How does making millions of coins and supplies harm a game play when the game demand billions of coins and supplies for every darn thing that needs to be done ?? Then maybe the dev's next should be bringing in a limit on how many residences and workshops a player can have ...that also will make things harder, no?? ...Sounds like a great idea ain't it??

And what many things would that be? If you think something should change, or you have an idea that would improve this game, create a thread in the ideas section. Why should players do hard work? They don't, but it shouldn't be a ride down easy street either. After every update i see the same complaints about quests alteration. Why? I don't have to rely on them, never had to, so why should you, or others? Players will indeed need to come up with a much better strategy than ''decline,decline,decline,collect,decline, decline,decline,collect''. Comparing making quests harder to reducing the amount of residences or workshops a player can have makes no sense. Residences and workshops are essential, quests are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Goryn, thank-you for your assistance in this forum. I joined Beta because I was hoping there was an reasonable avenue for feedback to the devs that would actually be listened to. In reading back in the forum and seeing today's comments, it's very clear to me that there isn't. Not your fault, however. I have never had "easy street" in this game and now I will be stuck in concrete so I am quitting all my worlds today. Once you hit the dwarves section, you might well take a vacation and play once a week. Not my cup of tea.

DeletedUser629

Goryn, thank-you for your assistance in this forum. I joined Beta because I was hoping there was an reasonable avenue for feedback to the devs that would actually be listened to. In reading back in the forum and seeing today's comments, it's very clear to me that there isn't. Not your fault, however. I have never had "easy street" in this game and now I will be stuck in concrete so I am quitting all my worlds today. Once you hit the dwarves section, you might well take a vacation and play once a week. Not my cup of tea.

There is though, and there always has been. However, the developers also have their own path to walk down on. They will adjust their course from time to time whenever they get valuable feedback that could really improve this game as a whole.

Elvenar is indeed not a game(yet) that you can play 24/7, and sometimes it will take some time to progress, especially for players who have been playing for quite some time. I can assure you that whatever the developers do, they do so to make this game more interesting for all players. This will also mean that some players will not like it. In that department, they can never do things right for everyone. But don't forget that what they do now, is also part of what is yet to come, and there are many exciting plans for Elvenar's future.

DeletedUser199

Elvenar is indeed not a game(yet) that you can play 24/7,

Finally you are giving us this valuable information. At the moment Elvenar obviously is a game that you can play only about 60 minutes/day.
Actually, you could have told us before, so many of us wouldn't have started the game.

DeletedUser

And what many things would that be? If you think something should change, or you have an idea that would improve this game, create a thread in the ideas section. Why should players do hard work? They don't, but it shouldn't be a ride down easy street either. After every update i see the same complaints about quests alteration. Why? I don't have to rely on them, never had to, so why should you, or others? Players will indeed need to come up with a much better strategy than ''decline,decline,decline,collect,decline, decline,decline,collect''. Comparing making quests harder to reducing the amount of residences or workshops a player can have makes no sense. Residences and workshops are essential, quests are not.

If you are still not getting what are the changes that are much needed in the game then either you have not read my previous post completely (i know its quite a big one so maybe you skipped some parts of it) which has just got a few of them or you have been playing a completely different game than what everybody else is playing ....This game has far too many issues for the dev's to think about than fiddling with some petty things like the quests .... you yourself say these quests are not essential then why concentrate on something thats not essential instead divert their that time to some of the things that are much more needed in the game?? BTW Why should I give an idea when all the ideas given till now have been rubbished by the dev's ?? How many ideas that were suggested have been implemented till now ?? I used to give ideas back when this game was interesting to play .... back when most of the players expected something good out of this ... Not anymore ....Bcoz I understood the hard way that nothing ever happens in this game .....

You were busy talking about making the game harder and I was saying limiting the number of residences / workshops will make it even more harder if thats what is the main aim of the game according to you ...By the way have you ever tried making millions of coins or supplies from the quests only ??? Thats more of a hard work than compared to just building a few more residences and workshops (even more easy when using diamonds for everything) ....

But don't forget that what they do now, is also part of what is yet to come, and there are many exciting plans for Elvenar's future.

Quoting the reply as well-said in another thread by the colleague who posted just one message before this, Since we both share the same fear and sentiment

But I whole-heartedly fear, that when you finally will have finished the "planned changes ", there won't be any players left to enjoy them.

DeletedUser629

Finally you are giving us this valuable information. At the moment Elvenar obviously is a game that you can play only about 60 minutes/day.
Actually, you could have told us before, so many of us wouldn't have started the game.

When people start playing this game, they actually can play a lot longer than those who have been at the end for quite some time. It's a strategy building game, it's time based, what did you expect? You can of course still collect your supplies, goods, and coins multiple times a day. You can reshape your city, or upgrade buildings. Surely, you can play for more than 1 hour a day.

DeletedUser264

Cutting down side quests to the level nobody will be doing them is a funny way of making the game more interesting and not some but the majotity of players is unhappy with it. The good thing is that we will save a lot of time on neighbourly help, with no quest reward visiting the map is not worth the time and effort.
I am under impression that devs are doing their best to make us play less and less and eventually leave the game as it becomes as interesting as watching the grass grow. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser629

If you are still not getting what are the changes that are much needed in the game then either you have not read my previous post completely (i know its quite a big one so maybe you skipped some parts of it) which has just got a few of them or you have been playing a completely different game than what everybody else is playing ....This game has far too many issues for the dev's to think about than fiddling with some petty things like the quests .... you yourself say these quests are not essential then why concentrate on something thats not essential instead divert their that time to some of the things that are much more needed in the game?? BTW Why should I give an idea when all the ideas given till now have been rubbished by the dev's ?? How many ideas that were suggested have been implemented till now ?? I used to give ideas back when this game was interesting to play .... back when most of the players expected something good out of this ... Not anymore ....Bcoz I understood the hard way that nothing ever happens in this game .....

You were busy talking about making the game harder and I was saying limiting the number of residences / workshops will make it even more harder if thats what is the main aim of the game according to you ...By the way have you ever tried making millions of coins or supplies from the quests only ??? Thats more of a hard work than compared to just building a few more residences and workshops (even more easy when using diamonds for everything) ....

Quoting the reply as well-said in another thread by the colleague who posted just one message before this, Since we both share the same fear and sentiment

You can check for yourself how many ideas have been implemented, but i'll give you the answer for now. it's 26. Furthermore, not seeing your ideas implemented right away doesn't mean they never will be. Again, the developers have their own plan, and maybe your ideas, or other people's ideas don't fit in that plan at this point. Quests are not essential, so why complain about them after every update? This game is still interesting to play, we get many new players on a daily basis, but there will always be some who don't like it.

For the millions of coins answer. Yes, it used to be much easier to collect coins from quests, but not anymore.

DeletedUser778

Collecting stuff -> slow and laggy
Starting production again -> slow and laggy
Zoom -> sometimes laggy
World map -> longer loading times and sometimes blue background again

Looks to me like you decreased game performance with the update :(

DeletedUser967

Zoom -> sometimes laggy

I have lags from many time :D I have to reload game each time when try to do something, fight, pick up production, view map etc I can do only one thing then reload game for next :confused::confused:

Brummbaer

Dear LordB,
none of your things appears when I'm playing today.
I do not feel any performance decrease, so could it be a local problem?
I have some new issues, post in "report a bug" but not other problems.
Regards Brummbaer

DeletedUser778

Dear LordB,
none of your things appears when I'm playing today.
I do not feel any performance decrease, so could it be a local problem?
I have some new issues, post in "report a bug" but not other problems.
Regards Brummbaer

I play here and on de3 and I only have all this issues here after the update.
On de3 I play with the same settings and there is all fine just as it was here before the update.

DeletedUser629

[
Zoom -> sometimes laggy

As usual, please report this in the bug section so we can try to reproduce it.

DeletedUser199

It's a strategy building game, it's time based, what did you expect?

So "it's time based" obviously means you have to wait and to wait and to wait and ....

Actually I did expect more features.
At the beginning of the game the mods were all saying: "be patient, there are many new features to come" After ten months I'm still waiting für the many new features to come. Instead you are cutting down and restricting the few existing ones.

You can of course still collect your supplies, goods, and coins multiple times a day. You can reshape your city, or upgrade buildings. Surely, you can play for more than 1 hour a day.

Yes, I was mistaken, I can play more than 1 hour a day. I simply have to sit down and start the production of supplies every five minutes. So Goryn, you also have been mistaken, Elvenar is a 24/7 game. Or is it already planned to abolish the short production cycles because this obviously is an exploit because "you easily can get millions and millions of supplies" with it.

By the way, let's be honest, giving the neighbourly help is the worst of all repeatable quests. Doing the same 5 or 6 clicks over and over and over again and rerceive millions of coins is much too easy. I request to rebalance or abolish this "feature".

It is very interesting that playing Elvenar for you mostly is "collecting your supplies, goods, and coins multiple times a day". Those are really thrilling tasks which keep players hooked up to the game.

DeletedUser408

so my only comment for now not related to this update directly, But how is Beta user supposed to test idea's and such, for example just released new diamond culture buildings. But yet no diamonds giving to the beta users to test it.
You now have this game live on many servers, so i understand when in Closed beta no dimaonds given, but now to keep beta Going as a testing ground, updates and new content similar to FOE beta server should give out diamonds to all beta users, please consider it as beta is dying off and not alot of players want or need to report as it seems to be ignored

DeletedUser1397

With these changes, you might as well scrap the repeatable quests and start the whole system over from scratch. This is absolute garbage and a LOT of players are VERY unhappy with these changes. I guarantee, you WILL lose some of the most dedicated and hard-working players if these changes make it to live servers.

DeletedUser1345

I have posted comments, but avoid talking about how much I dislike the quest changes. They will just be ignored, so why bother? SO do not take my silence on the matter as approval. It has occured to me that nobody has brought up the most important point. There have never been any guidelines as to how we can use the quests correctly. I know there are some that will work the system, rather than play the game. Where is the line drawn?
To be more clear, how can we, the players, use the quests in a way that does not spoil the developers' enjoyment of the game?

DeletedUser

At least the copper foundry got a lot less expensive, and takes a lot less time to build and upgrade. And that quest only requires 2 workshops on a 3 hour cycle, not all of them.

DeletedUser

Well, the developers don't understand us, but we understand them. Following is the text of a conversation I had with fellow players last week. We were discussing how to increase the efficiency of our cities and prepare for the next stage of the game. We've all finished the tree and maxed our the grid. At our level, it's important to re-evaluate the efficacy of population: which is better, residences or Fertility Goddesses? One of us plays mostly goddesses, one 50/50, and the other mostly residences:

“…Looking at this from a developer mindset, it’s a bit tricky [for us to know] how to proceed. You’ve got to figure they like seeing top players with goddesses, because it promotes sales among the ranks. If we convert away from goddesses [for improved efficiency], they’ll notice eventually. This is one topic I’m not going to discuss on the forum, for sure.

On paper it’s a toss up between goddesses and residences…until you throw in the workshop quotient. The gain of workshop space tilts it in favor of the residence. Advantage residence, until Inno figures out they're undercutting their own sales and makes some sort of modification.

They could delete the 13k supply reward and/or 2) upgrade the goddess or introduce a better population building."

A day after this conversation, I started deleting Goddesses...and magically, our supply reward is now cut.

Important to note that, rather than give us an opportunity to upgrade our Goddesses (i.e. spend more money), they opted to screw with everyone's quest. Now that it's harder to get supplies, we have to build more workshops...therefore we have less space for residences...therefore it's more efficient to buy F Goddesses.

Under this new quest you can be assured that: Now a diamond player with Fertility Goddesses (higher population, auto culture) will always outscore and out-produce a non-diamond player with residences. It's a major game change. All that developers speak about valuing players "time and patience" is invalid: top players will now only be diamond players. It's in the math.

Last edited by a moderator: