• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.28

DeletedUser

I just opened the game and the first thing that surprised me was the map so here's my initial thoughts about the it:
+ The blank areas in the map makes it easier to toggle between occupied cities.
- The "decorative" parts around the map seems to have minimized the visual parts by 20%. Looks like I will need to do a lot more scrolling.

Suggestion: The blurry parts of the old map image could be minimized or completely removed leaving only the parchment like wrinkles.

DeletedUser1345

It must really annoy you developers that I manage to get coins, even though I have lost most of the neighboring cities. You keep looking for ways to give the advantage to players who have gained new ones, and those who have not.
To forestall the idiot who is going to tell me to join a fellowship, I belong to one.
I also have a city in US server, and I am part of a fellowship there, and have neighbors, a lot of them. Even though most are inactive, I can get coins from them. There is a HUGE difference between 24 and 124. If you can not figure out the difference, there is no point in trying to explain.

DeletedUser118

I don't really like that frame around the map. It feels like I'm having a sandstorm on my screen while I try to read the map.

Also if you really wanted those edges, why haven't you added arrows which you can use to move around? Clicking onto a fully filled map often makes me end up either in someones city or an already won province.

DeletedUser778

I start to not like the new holes in map more and more... it just looks terrible and if you don't scout in circles it gets harder to determine the border of the scouted area, espacially with the new frame (and not using chrome for zoom)... :(

4lUeNr4SFp9u.png

DeletedUser613

Well, I do not like the new look world map, it now looks like a rather tatty lace doiley or an attempt at some crochet that has gone wrong

Also, when visiting fellowship members, prior to this upgrade you could move from one member to another and carry out an action in that city, this is now no longer possible, you have to return to your own city or refresh the game

DeletedUser

Having the same issue as pzkpfwv1d when trying to visit from the Fellowship tab. But I am able to visit via the Notifications tab without refreshing.

DeletedUser1345

This is what they do, rather than work on new content. At least the city does not automatically zoom in every time I have to restart. They undid one of the features of their upgrades. Every time they do that, it is an improvement.
The dwarven tier is the last new thing they introduced that is better. A whole lot of stalls, but still doing something is an improvement. The wonders, in my opinion, are a swing and a miss, but at least they are trying.
Please inno, stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

Also, when visiting fellowship members, prior to this upgrade you could move from one member to another and carry out an action in that city, this is now no longer possible, you have to return to your own city or refresh the game
Having the same issue as pzkpfwv1d when trying to visit from the Fellowship tab. But I am able to visit via the Notifications tab without refreshing.
Thanks, we have confirmed this and forwarded it to our development team. :) (7306)

Saribar

Okay, the new layout of the worldmap is absolutely weird, but more important:
one needs more time to find the borders of the already explored parts to search for a new province for attacking later. One enver knows if one has hit the frame or the end of ones known area.
Besides I cannot find the province I scouted yesterday (over 22h needed for that) but can scout today for just 18:xx hours. And I always scout a province that is among the cheapest ones (1100k at the moment)

DeletedUser778

Besides I cannot find the province I scouted yesterday (over 22h needed for that) but can scout today for just 18:xx hours. And I always scout a province that is among the cheapest ones (1100k at the moment)

I think it is not related to 0.28, but I noticed it too.
Yesterday my 220th province (gems ring 14) was finished scouting after around 68 hours and 12 minutes
my 219th province (also gems in ring 14) took around 68 hours and 56 minutes to scout.
Also the total negotiation costs and the total enemy weight decreased a little.

Jixel

This is what they do, rather than work on new content.

That's amusing, because when Dwarves were introduced (remember, only a couple of releases ago) and Ancient Wonders (the very previous release) there were people screaming that they should be fixing bugs, not introducing new content ! Inno can't win :)

However - I hope there is a hotfix coming for the fellowship visiting issue - visits need to be made easier, not harder, as "doing the rounds" of fellowship and neighbours is already time-consuming enough (ok, I'm lucky enough to have a good number of neighbours on a couple of worlds).

DeletedUser629

It must really annoy you developers that I manage to get coins, even though I have lost most of the neighboring cities. You keep looking for ways to give the advantage to players who have gained new ones, and those who have not.
To forestall the player who is going to tell me to join a fellowship, I belong to one.
I also have a city in US server, and I am part of a fellowship there, and have neighbors, a lot of them. Even though most are inactive, I can get coins from them. There is a HUGE difference between 24 and 124. If you can not figure out the difference, there is no point in trying to explain.
I would like to advise you to tone it down a little, and watch your language. You seem to be forgetting one simple thing. There are far less new players coming to beta than on the live servers, and this is why you have a lot more neighbours there. if we would change the neighbour system on beta, we would have to change it on the live servers as well. This could be a possibility in the future, but for now, this is what we have to work with. The developers are in no way looking to give certain players an advantage above other players. The main goal is, and has always been, to give every player a game they can enjoy playing.

This is what they do, rather than work on new content. At least the city does not automatically zoom in every time I have to restart. They undid one of the features of their upgrades. Every time they do that, it is an improvement.
The dwarven tier is the last new thing they introduced that is better. A whole lot of stalls, but still doing something is an improvement. The wonders, in my opinion, are a swing and a miss, but at least they are trying.
Please inno, stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

We have been working on new content, and that is exactly what you got. You are undermining your own argument by telling us we need to work on new content, and then talk about the new content you got. We changed the world map with the idea it would be an improvement. As usual, we give players the opportunity to give their feedback. If the feedback is mostly negative, chances are we will change things again. This is beta, remember? Player feedback is the most important thing on this server, but we do expect everyone to give constructive feedback we can work with, not complain about everything without telling us how we can improve things.

DeletedUser252

I don't like the new layout of the worldmap. I miss the overview and have the feling I'm Lawrens of Arabia with all the sand in the edges

Brummbaer

I agree to myselfandi. I like to have a zoomed world map to see the borders at not a small difuse window. I like to have a better view to plan my next scooting route. Now I have to move and to move with the mouse to find the best direction. That again time consuming. :eek:. I prefer playing and not mouse moving to scroll windows (maps).

DeletedUser867

I rather like the new frame. A zoom would be nice, of course, but it's nice that I don't have to put up with the mechanic of on the fly loading.

The Tool-Tips DO work now.

DeletedUser264

The frame around the map doesn't look like the good idea. Neighbourly help is harder, because I have a lot of small movements when I move around the map. The same applies to scouting.