• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.27

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 0.27. For the Release Notes, please check here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

After this update my city appears to be zoomed in every time I log into it ... Just wanted to know if it was intended to be this way in this update .., or is it the same old bug that was rectified some time before... I seriously don't think it was intended to be this way as the zoom out button stays the same and I have to click it twice - zoom in first and then zoom out every time - to get my city back to the zoomed out state ...

DeletedUser283

since 0.27, after loading the city, it appears zoomed-in, and it is very difficult to zoom it out again : the mouse wheel does not seem to respond at first;
I went around it by using the zoom out/in item in the bottom right menu;
fun fact : when opening this menu, the zooming item is in "zoomed-out" position (shows a "+" within the magnifier) though the city appears zoomed in ...

DeletedUser

Oops Sorry Muf Muf...This issue started happening after the 0.27 update ...the very recent one ...My bad ...complained it in the wrong thread i guess...

DeletedUser283

since 0.27, after loading the city, it appears zoomed-in, and it is very difficult to zoom it out again : the mouse wheel does not seem to respond at first;
I went around it by using the zoom out/in item in the bottom right menu;
fun fact : when opening this menu, the zooming item is in "zoomed-out" position (shows a "+" within the magnifier) though the city appears zoomed in, and its first action is to zoom in again; using this item the second time actually zooms out ....

DeletedUser778

Yay portal alley human style. Was it an intended change? I like it, the elf version looked to scifi to me. :)

Zooming in your city is smoother now
Hmm i don't find it smooth... I get headache if I zoom too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

the new portal alley ?
with animations, it carries a dwarf on a mine cart !
what is this ? Minecraft ? ;)

now on a more serious note : I am very glad that the tree is now gone :D
some time ago, I placed an expansion, and there was a tree there that was not removed once the expansion was placed ...
I later found out that there were other trees, bushes, etc... underneath my buildings;
normally there should be some kind of automatic terraforming when we place an expansion, so that this area becomes just ordinary grass;
it seems that someone in the dev team finally paid attention and made this part more consistent :)

Alright, thanks for the responses. We'll investigate the bug report and go from there. :) We'll also move these posts to the proper discussion thread. ;)

DeletedUser338

Granite no longer counts as a produced good. Is this intentional?

DeletedUser

A quest asking to Gain 8000 Granite offering just 20 Copper??? 20 Copper for almost 24hrs of granite collection with 7-8 level-2 Granite mines in the city ?? :confused: ...And the dev's feel that we should not be declining quests regularly?? Who would even think of trying to do this type of quest ?

DeletedUser283

it is not that bad, we would have collected the granite anyhow;
I call this "sleeper quests" : quests like "gain x coins and get y supplies"
all these quests that reward us for something we would have done even if the quest was not there :)

DeletedUser

it is not that bad, we would have collected the granite anyhow;
I call this "sleeper quests" : quests like "gain x coins and get y supplies"
all these quests that reward us for something we would have done even if the quest was not there :)
Actually we would be collecting that granite anyways in the game but the quest would have to be on-hold for almost 24hrs for a next-to-nothing reward and that I do not think most of the players would be willing to wait for ... Most of them would rather decline that quest and go on about doing easier to finish quests to gain other main resources ...thereby increasing the frequency in declining quests which the dev's i guess are trying to bring under control.

DeletedUser651

A quest asking to Gain 8000 Granite offering just 20 Copper??? 20 Copper for almost 24hrs of granite collection with 7-8 level-2 Granite mines in the city ?? :confused: ...And the dev's feel that we should not be declining quests regularly?? Who would even think of trying to do this type of quest ?

I made the HUGE mistake of spending a day and a half doing that quest. I am the idiot who thought she would try it! :p What did this accomplish? I ran out of goods and supplies and now I can't play. I had no idea that the other quests in the queue were going to give me so few supplies and coins, so I thought for sure I would be able to make up for the supplies and coins I gave up that day waiting for that quest. Little did I know that the coming quests were going to be horrible. I can't make enough coins or supplies to play now. I am sure that would have happened in a few days anyway, because the new quests are so much lower and require so much more.

So...my suggestion to anyone is ....don't be a Bobbykitty aka moron, and try to do that quest!

DeletedUser338

Well, if you run out of supplies simply because you aren't questing for 2 days, your city might have other problems. Like a lack of Workshops.

DeletedUser651

I ran out of coins too. I have roughly 60 level 16 houses.

What I don't have are neighbors. I am missing at least 80 of them. That is over a million coins I am missing every 23 hours.

Missing an additional one million coins and 100,000 supplies from the change in quests will affect anyone who plays a lot and produces a lot of goods.

I have as many workshops as I have population for. I have as many houses as I have space for. Not sure what you want me to do. I am upgrading every house as fast as I can with only 2 builders.