• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.27

DeletedUser778

You beat me to it by 5 seconds :)
:cool:

For the new random decorations:
I think you overdid it a little. Especially in small cities there's so much garbage lying around, so it doesn't look good anymore.

Mainquests:
Like some other players mentioned here and there some of the last changes go into the direction of only one way of playing/building available.
It's not a recent change, but undeclineable mainquests that demand buildings to be upgraded counting torwards it too.
For example the quests that demands upgrading a boosted tier 1 manufactory to lvl 16+
I play not for score, but I try to use space effectiv, so level 16 marble manufactories are a no go for me, but to progress in the mainquest I was forced to upgrade one to lvl 16, which I have sold then and rebuild a lvl 11 one... not cool.
So I think every quest that demands upgrading certain buildings should be declineable.

Sidequests:
"Granite, more Granite!" - Gain 8000 Granite -> 20 Copper, 8K granite is a whole lot when you just started your production, so I think it should be something like: Gain 1k granite -> 5 copper in the beginning and change to 6-8K granite for 20 copper when you finished around 2/3 of chapter 6, otherwise I don't think much players will do it, especially in the begining.

It would be nice, if the fighting quests: gain 4 relics, solve 4 encounters, complete a province and fight and win 3 encounters would only appear in the queue when they are possible. I have some 7/8 provinces atm, so I could only do the complete a province quest, but i have to decline all of them all the time until my scout is finished again.

"Admirable Altars. Please!" - Produce 1 Admirable Altar -> 250 steel, 250 planks and 90k coins. Very tempting, I could sell all my marble manufactories to replace them with 48 little ones to do this quest 48 times per day for 12k steel, 12k planks (Atm I produce around 18-21k marble per day so only the reward would be more already) and 4320k coins :eek:, but I'm not in the mood to click through the queue 48 times in a row and it's not the intention of the quest, even if the coins would come in handy atm, but more to it later.

Workshop quests:
"More Tools" - Produce 6 Advanced Tools -> 80k coins and 2k supplies
"Borondal for the People" - 8 Bread -> 40k coins and 1k supplies
"Supplies Supply Security" - Gain 16000 Supplies -> 100k coins
I built my city self sufficient (If I have nothing costly to build or upgrade), so I have 18 lvl 15 Workshops and with the currently still possible quests I have no problems with supplies, but with coins sometimes. So if I produce advanced tools I more likely do "Supplies Supply Security" 3 times for 300k coins, then "More Tools" 3 times for 240k coins and 6k supplies.
If I produce bread I more likely do "Supplies Supply Security" once for 100k coins, then "Borondal for the People" twice for 80k coins and 2k supplies, because i need coins more and i save one cylce through the quests.
So in the end only "Supplies Supply Security" is usefull for me and the others always get declined.

Train 150 sorceresses/500 units:
150 sorceresses still take way to long for the quest to be effective. 500 units too, if you don't train barbs,swords, etc. so again: why not weight?

"Improved Production" and "Good Supplies" - Complete 1 (Boosted) Manufactory upgrade to level 11 or higher -> 50k coins and 5k supplies
The only difference is that for one quest you can upgrade any manufactory for the other you need a boosted one. -> One quest should be enough ;)

Questsystem and quest changes in general:
I'm pro these changes in general and can understand why the devs want to push it more into the direction of thinking about how to build ones city and not just clicking through the sidequests a lot until you have everything you need, but you should be carefull with further steps.
I have my city calculated through and planned a lot, but also I was experiencing a difficulty with coins, when I was upgrading coin costly buildings over the day and started an upgrade of the mainhall in the evening I had to do the gain 16k supplies quest a lot to be able to get the coins to send out my scout a couple of hours later.
So without upgrading buildings I have a self-sufficient city, but costly upgrades, researches, scouting, etc. can even let you sweat with a well planned city.
I might have done a building/scouting plan before, to not get into trouble with coins, but that's the point:
I think the majority of players only want to build and evolve their city happily, without having a spreadsheet open all the time collecting datas and calculate stuff. So the casual players that log in, in the morning, to collect some stuff, start some upgrades and restart prodcuction and then log in in the afternoon/evening again to do a little more in their city and not in spreadsheets are hit hard by these changes, especially if they are already quite developed.
If you don't want to loose these players (they are probably the majority) you should be carefull with further changes.
I thought a little about it and I think what you could do is: Increase the production of residences slightly and the production of workshops a little more, while reducing the possibilities of doing quests a lot, so players that calculate and plan much can try to squeeze in maybe a little more goods production into their cities and are happy and the casual players can still evolve their city more like they want and are happy that they are not forced to either start calculating a lot and rearange half of their city, or are forced to stop running their manufactories every now and then, because of shortages.

Peformance improvement:
For me the cities of neighbours are loading much faster, but I get flash crashes again now, after visiting around 50 people, but even with the reload it's overall faster then before. :)

Edit:
Manufactories also have some potential for fine tuning:
Tier 1 cost 20 coins and 2 supplies, tier 2 80 coins and 8 supplies, tier 3 320 coins and 32 supplies per basic produced good (boosts gladly don't increase production costs).
So you coud change it from 20/2 : 80/8 : 320/32
to 10/1 : 40/4 : 160/16 (I think the decrease would be to much)
or 15/1,5 : 60/6 : 240/24 (maybe could do the trick)
to compensate for less quest grinding in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: