• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.22

DeletedUser246

The hardware acceleration works fine. The load of provinces map was improved 100%.
Even battles run faster than usual.

These are my settings:
MKJrOG4.png

Running ok in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer(!!!!).

Jixel

I'm noticing something strange when viewing my city - every time I return to the city (e.g. from the World map) it automatically centres on my main hall. If I open I dialog (trader, barracks, for example), the Close button is over the main hall - clicking the Close button closes the dialog, but opens the Main Hall dialog. Clicking the Main Hall dialog close button just brings up the main hall dialog again. I can drag-scroll the screen while the dialog is open, though, and then safely click the close button.

Summary: It appears that clicks for an on-screen dialog in the city view are being "passed through" to the main hall (after auto-centering on it).

DeletedUser246

I was writing about Jixel told.
Here is an example:
iARMu7x.png

Seems the dialog windows is running invisible. And positioning the cursor over expansion, i can see the progress on my Workshop.

DeletedUser

I've tested this new version: developers team has done an excellent work about that!
I've Window 7 Home Edition and I use Google Chrome as browser: I've visited about 25 neighbours and 24 fellows and there've not been crashes! ;)
I've not found any issues since now!
Great work!
Alessandro

DeletedUser538

In my case Hardware Acceleration slows down the game considerably :(, so turned it off...
NormaJeane, en_US, MAC 18,0,0,209, Mac OS 10.10.4, Firefox/39.0, 1650x961, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 256 MB

DeletedUser867

The visited city name is not displaying when visiting the FIRST city after a reload. The name of my own city remains as an overlay to "you are visiting". Subsequent visits are OK.

I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.1, and I'll provide additional details if they're needed.

------------

ZOOM does not remain zoomed out when switching cities. Zooming out doesn't change the memory allocation.

You always start each city zoomed to the close in view. If we have to have a default. I'd rather have zoom out.

Hopefully this is not an intentional way to make the loading "faster".

------------

A Stream Error is causing my visited city screen to reload about 10% of the time. Steam errors occurred occasionally before Hardware Acceleration was available, so it's probably separate issue.

I don't have a pattern yet, so this is just a heads up.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Please use the edit button instead of creating multiple posts in a row. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

You should consider using the Edit button, Katwijk.

So far the update looks nice. Will have to wait till tomorrow morning though, to see if the crashes are really gone.

DeletedUser

When I visit cities for neighborly help its always zoomed in and mainly focusing on the Main hall all the time ... Even after zooming it out the next city visit is again zoomed in... its kind of very difficult on a Laptop / Small screen computers ... To change it to zoom out view we have to click 3 times on the magnifying icon in the settings ....

Only the first city does not display the city name or other details ...I am seeing my own City name and KP bar .... the rest of the cities it works alright ....

I tried it in both MS Edge & Chome on Win 10 OS.... I have already cleared my cache and cookies immediately after the update .... AND My Hardware Acceleration is enabled ....

UPDATE : Tried it with disabling the HA and still its the same as mentioned above ...

Lissona

With the recent patch the Upgrade-tabs are visible again for my lvl 15 buildings (workshops for example). Some kind of error or can we expect more?

Lissi

DeletedUser1313

I had I strange issue, I had finished researching Garden of Harmony and had nearly finished City Expansion 20. After the update they were swapped over, City Expansion 20 was done and Garden of Harmony had a few left to do. And now I can't place expansions, it stays red wherever I try to put it.

Wildfire

DeletedUser778

No more flash crashes! Very Good :D
I had some strange thing once: After returning to my city it was like my left mouse button was pressed and i was moving my city around until i clicked on the left mouse button and after that I had a couple of quest windwows and manufactorie windows that i had to click away. Couldn't reproduce it though.

Furthermore the trader jumping back to page one seems to be back in a little other way:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/trader-pages-acting-up.3154/

DeletedUser246

It seems that the tree of human technology, has undergone a change and were not warned.

DeletedUser651

I am using Chrome and I have Windows 10, I7 5500U, 2.4 ghz, 64 bit, 8gig, Intel HD graphics. I am experiencing the same thing as ddevil.....All cities are zoomed in when I visit them. I have to unzoom each time. It is annoying because it is hard on the eyes to keep being zoomed in and then having to zoom out.

Additionally, as I leave a city and have hit the map button and it is pausing to go back to the map, the city I am visiting loses all color and is in black and white. As someone who gets awful migraines, this is kind of a big deal to me because the city gets brighter when that happens and the flash hurts my head. So, I am just shutting my eyes each time. But these are hopefully just tiny tweaks.

One thing that isn't so tiny, is that there is now a long pause when I click on a city, the city goes black for a sec, then white, then it loads. But I haven't noticed it happening every time.

Edit: as I kept testing, I got a shockwave crash. :(

2nd edit: If I turn off hardware acceleration, I don't have to worry about the black and white issue, but I still have the constantly zoomed in issue.

3rd edit: If I go from town to town through my fellowship, I don't have the black and white issue. This only happens when I go from a town to the world map. So, if the zoom issue could be fixed, I would happily use this new feature!

bfesr9.jpg

DeletedUser

Just did a visiting round in my neighbourhood and could visit all 50+ of them without even having to reload the game once!
Quick loads even for the larger cities and no crashes at all, no black areas!
That was great, especially after getting used to having to reload the game several times in one round before. Good job :)

DeletedUser

-->Visiting several cities consecutively should no longer cause either a black screen or the game to crash

Nice, it works better than before :). You need much less RAM now. I tested now a little bit more. Actually you need roundabout 2 GB RAM for the flashcontainer, if you visit all possible towns.

Disadvantage:
Not all buildings have the correct graphic now. Some snipped buildings are now visible.
(I have no rights to post pictures here, so you must live without)

Elderflower

While giving aid today I suddenly found that the city I was visiting disappeared when I clicked on the aid button. The scenery was there with the hands floating in the air but no buildings visible. I could click on one of the spaces where the hands were in order to give aid but had no idea what building I was aiding.
Even odder. When I returned to my city I found it had also vanished. Only coins were visible waiting to be collected and a couple of pairs of hands where someone had aided one of my buildings.
I'd post a picture but I don't seem to be able to.

Okay I logged out and back in again and everything was okay but after giving aid to a neighbour the screen froze in black and white with the blue bar about half way across. I couldn't log out so I closed everything down. When I restarted and went to aid another neighbour, I got the blank city again and returning home found the same situation there. So it seems to repeat erratically.

Last edited: