• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.18

DeletedUser205

Yes, it seems so to me - I just wanted to express how deep my disappointment is about all of this circumstances around this InnoGame. ;) Sad fact is, they had have could start better prepeared for the closed beta.

IMHO closed beta is for testing and developing, therefore I could stand poor preparation, although that gives an idea of the respect INNO has for time(wasting) of players.

My symphaty went to zero when INNO started this very buggy version with all its unpleasant fails on lifeserver.
THAT is in my eyes absolutly a hint, not to play whatever games INNO will start in future.

DeletedUser

I also understand a closed Beta to test out and try severeal things to give a game boost and to prepeare for a great start when going live.
Anyway I'd never give a game to any ppl in this mad/bad/sad condition.
Even more to go live unless some major issues are not fixed properly.

Right now I'm going to have a closer look into FoE, to get some impressions for comparison. As some FoE experienced players here already mentioned there are some better solutions and features implemented. I'm curious what is waiting there for me..... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Indeed by the posts of some players, and not few ot them, I read that the game is becoming day by day more and more boring; I not do anything else but to hope that as soon as possbile some substantial improvement'll be presented to us :(

DeletedUser867

It ran much more smoothly, the map showed fine when you entered it and you didn't have to worry about your flash player crashing once you enter the map or a city.
But there was a memory leak when you were visiting cities, that would crash the client after a dozen or so visits. The green screen that we were seeing a couple of days ago is pretty strong evidence that somebody is tightening up that code, even if something else did sneak up behind them and bite them.

Check out How to find a Memory Leak, and don't forget the Aspirin.

DeletedUser967

Yes, it seems so to me - I just wanted to express how deep my disappointment is about all of this circumstances around this InnoGame. ;) Sad fact is, they had have could start better prepeared for the closed beta.
Yep ;) And sad is fact that they do not fixing really important bugs. Memory leak as wrote before is really big problem, my memory is crazy on Elvenar, one opened tab with Elvenar eat more memory than foe + youtube + 3 tabs with forums for me lol....but what about other bugs? BUGGED damage etc? I report that many time ago and silence....
Devs sleeping - it is big fact ;)

I report that many time ago and silence....
Silence means "no news", but does not mean "not working on it".

---

Also, can we please return to the topic of the update to version 0.18 in this thread? The discussion is really interesting, but does not really fit with the intended topic here. :)

DeletedUser967

But I asked for some info EVEN that info:
Silence means "no news", but does not mean "not working on it".

You could say it when I asked then I'll not talking about that everywhere... BUT now is okay - I waited for that and now waiting for more if you know something.;)

DeletedUser481

Good morning my friends...:p
... so I thought (very dangerous and painful, this thinking :oops:) and I have come to the conclusion that significant slowdown game and also problems with support neighboring towns is really-maybe good ( I promise, I'm not going think, already :rolleyes:) ... because it is visible activity on which we can assume of a brighter future in in forests and in meadows of Elvenar ( and also developers' piece of Innocosmos :)
Maybe, with start of holiday season it will come somethin n...ne.....ehm .... News! :cool:
It would be nice ...axemen would lose their new passion for woodcutting, archers could stop playing darts and billiards, maybe Maybe I can convince cerberuses, thet they arent Poodles or Yorkshire Terriero_O, priests will can stop building of temples and canteens ( and ... oh my god! - Libraries! )... but at a first! My paladins will cease to get married and learning to dance!:mad:
Have a nice start of The Sunny Weekend ;):):D

DeletedUser

Thank you for fixing the remaining unit bugs!
And a late thank you for having fixed the combat crash (https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ternal-error-with-battle-and-autobattle.2365/).

But, sorry to say, 0.18 so far is the worst update performance-wise (for me on IE, everything ran smoothly before):

Collecting finished productions now works faster &
Collecting coins and supplies using click-and-drag should now never skip a building anymore.

On the contrary. Coin & supply graphics hovering over their buildings are causing tremendous graphic lag. This again causes many more buildings to be skipped than before.

The World Map now loads faster

No, it doesn't. Other players' cities take an eternity to load. Visiting two fully built foreign cities causes the game to crash or the infamous city black screen to appear. This makes neighbourly help extremely tedious if not impossible. For smaller cities the countdown to crash sometimes goes up to 10-15, but then a complete reload/Cache emptying is due.

On top of that, there has been an small patch/hotfix attempt to improve performance this week (see version numbers in loading screen). Readers of the German forum at least had been informed about this in advance; it would be nice if we beta players (who are the ones to receive updates first) would be informed likewise.

Unfortunately the hotfix just mentioned did not improve anything for me.

DeletedUser481

My Maxthon ( which is a faster in my notebook like IE or Chrome or Mozilla ) has this same problems. Yhank You Amarthano, ... and one thing ... German server has a name now ... we are "Beta1" .....

DeletedUser651

I live in the US and it is a very hot summer here. We sometimes have to deal with blackouts in power. All I can assume is that Elvenar is also in summer because over and over I visit blacked out cities. My own city was in blackout for half the day yesterday. I use Chrome and Puffin browsers. I have refreshed and cleared cache and opened windows in incognito mode. Sorry to all my neighbors that I can't reach today!

The good news is that I have a few new neighbors!! Yay!!

DeletedUser

during the latest days I've had less problem with the world map, but they've to be fixed anyway 'cause sometimes it's really difficult to navigate through that :confused:

DeletedUser651

What happened to the people? I don't have anyone walking around my city any more.

DeletedUser778

Yep, this is not a bug. The citizens caused a major issue, which is why we unfortunately had to turn them off for now. They are planned to be turned back on with the update to 0.18. :)
From this thread
I saw them again in the last days, but maybe they cause trouble again.

Marindor

They should still be there... At least, they are in my city and we don't know anything about them being turned off again.