• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes 1.10 & Orcs and Goblins have been spotted in Elvenar!

DeletedUser594

Well folks, it aint look good without Expansions! I already got 4 sitting in my inventory!
Not all that amused! Tired of rearranging my city! Should be looking for a more exciting
game soon!...yawn....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1250

Now that is a fast fix of the space issue, thanks!!! Well done.

DeletedUser338

The orcs are more like a 4th tier good. It's not that bad, we're just no longer used to being unable to trade our way through provinces since it's been so long.

It looks like there is no expansion of territory? So we're not going to a 10x10 grid? Or is that just not in yet?
It was not yet in, but we have added it today. :) You can now place an extra ten City Expansions compared to what you could place before.

Also, when will the wiki be up?
We strive to have all the information on there before the international (Live) release of the Orcs and Goblins in two weeks. Please stay tuned for that! :)

All very well for the release of the new race but what has happened with regards to the promised mercenaries from the last expansion to the tech tree
With the Fairy units we unfortunately ran into difficulties during development. We want to give the new unites (Drone Rider and Blossom Mage) some cool new abilities, like flying over the battlefield. Simply implementing new units with abilities we already know from existing units would be a bit boring, so we want to do it right and give them something never seen before in Elvenar. Unfortunately, so far it has proven very difficult to actually make this happen and development is so complex that it takes a lot longer than we had thought it would take. So, for now we have decided that we do don't want to get ourselves stuck on something that is very hard to achieve, but instead focus on bringing bigger updates (like the Orcs and Goblins) to Elvenar. We are planning updates to the battle system as a whole in the future (there is currently no timeframe for that), which should help us implementing the Fairy units too. We are sad to have to say that we do not know when we will be implementing these units (but they are still planned to come at some point!). We would really want to give you another answer than this, but this is what we're at right now. We hope you understand. :)

The amount of stuff needed for the tech tree - just with the infos from the video and the techtree - seems to be more challenging than ist was for the dwarves/fairies. Good job ;)
We're happy to hear that you like it! :D

Personally I'm glad the devs are getting faster when it comes to bringing out new content. The wait time between fairies > orcs was a lot shorter than dwarfs > fairies. Plus we actually got some nice content in between.
Yes, we have been working on ways to speed up implementation of new features, and so far it's looking good, as you can see! :)

DeletedUser1627

We strive to have all the information on there before the international (Live) release of the Orcs and Goblins in two weeks. Please stay tuned for that! :)

don't worry I will look every day every hour every second x) I have to knooooow how much culture people coins tools and goods i need to upgrade my buildings and make a beautiful city! :)

I see that you're working on it! Very goog job!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lissona

Required for the tech tree when you have portal lvl 4 (incl. upgrading the portal):

60.100 Hardshroom
65.000 Psychoshroom
26.000 Powershroom
9.900 Shroom of Wisdom

43.700 Armament
12.400 Orc dung
1.050 Debris
13.320 Loot

21.500 Orcs

Thats, if you already have upgraded all shroom farms and orc rally points to level 4, about 12 shroom farms and 2 orc rally points - for reaching the end of the tech tree without waiting too much time on goblin/orc goods (if you can be online half of the day)...

If you haven't upgraded yet, than you require... better don't ask :D

Edit: I heard someone ask :p - 21 shrooms and 3 orcs at least

Last edited:

DeletedUser1250

Where can I see how many orcs I produced in my armory?

I can't see their amount in the top menu, not in the armory, not in the orc portal, not in the barracks or mercenary camp. Also not in the main hall. I am making the first ocs now and thought after finishing level 20 armory somewhere I would find a counter of orcs, which should be 0 now of course. But I can't find it.

Lissona

Go to a province you have explored but not conquered and hover over the icon of the orc in the catering costs.

DeletedUser1250

Thank you, that works. I see you can do the same at the workshops, move over the orcs in the upgrade tab. As long as there is an upgrade tab of course :) Won't work when the workshops are at their maximum level.

So far I like the orcs (although orcs ar ugly). But I like the picture of the orcs in the quests. I like the story. I like the challenge, this update is more challenging than the others were.
I also like the way things are connected in this game. The spells I made are useful now, upgrading my armories caused a huge drop in supplies. And I have a wonder too which produces supplies.
I wasn't amused when I saw we need orcs to negotiate in the provinces. But I do understand the idea behind it and after the first disappointment I like it, got used to it very fast.

Lissona

So far I like the orcs (although orcs ar ugly). But I like the picture of the orcs in the quests. I like the story. I like the challenge, this update is more challenging than the others were.

Did you get quests from the orcs? My last story quest was reasearch the portal and the fairies went off - after that, I only got the normal repeatable quests (and I already researched Trails, Mushrooms, Armory and I am half way into Rally Point)....

DeletedUser1250

Yes, I am getting quests from orcs. I have the quest now to research the swamp trails. That came after the research for the orc portal, the selling of the fairy portal and the building of the orc portal. After the building was completed, the orc quest came. 1 non-declinable quest from the orcs and the other quest is a normal declinable one.

Lissona

Thanks for the info, I have written a bug report - perhaps something is broken with my quest line...

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont like that producing orcs is 12h 1d 2d 4d , it should be 11.30h 23h 1d23h 3d23h for the same reason why NH is 23h

I also dont agree that top end non-diamond culture building gives only 2900 culture
if people are limited to only 10NH per day (mainly due dead map) going from pond will result in less culture, i know that it gives more per square but overall it will be less. In my opinion culture should be around 4500-5000 (since diamond's building gives 6000), if you take into consideration that new guest race will come roughly every 3 months, some people will be stuck with ponds for 6 months (since that research is usually on the end)
and with new culture ancient wonder (watchtower ruins) its even worse per NH

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Dony, upgrading culture buildings from the pond to the orc's building will result in less culture overall, which is not desirable. I never go for the culture building with more culture per square if that building gives less culture than another bigger building, because you have to take into account NH and how it affects your culture.
we have a very limited amount of NH, so its best to have the least amount of culture buildings to be polished as possible, to maximize the gains, which means going for the building with the most overall culture value, and not the highest culture per square value. It is disapointing that orc don't offer us such a building... it looks like its inno once again wanting to force players to invest in premium buildings and this time its not even for the added pop, its just to be able to stay afloat culture wise.

upgrading the pond to the campfire will mean a loss of 1600 culture per building (800+800 from NH) and the space you get back its not worth the trade off, as you will end having to build more campfires to make up for the loss.

DeletedUser1627

♫ Where is the wiki? ♫ the wiki is not update ♫
♫ Where are the fairies? ♫ the fairies are dead ♫

♫ la la lalala la la la lala ♫

Please remember that the English wiki is shared by all English servers, meaning that the International and US servers share the wiki with Beta. The Orcs and Goblins are only available on our Beta for now, and not yet on the Live servers. We strive to make the wiki pages available before the Live release of the feature. Please have some patience. ;)

DeletedUser118

I have to admit that's new to me but explains of course why you are holding back the info. Still you could have told us so before. o_O

DeletedUser1548

I also dont agree that top end non-diamond culture building gives only 2900 culture
if people are limited to only 10NH per day (mainly due dead map) going from pond will result in less culture, i know that it gives more per square but overall it will be less.
I have to agree with Dony, upgrading culture buildings from the pond to the orc's building will result in less culture overall, which is not desirable. I never go for the culture building with more culture per square if that building gives less culture than another bigger building, because you have to take into account NH and how it affects your culture.
we have a very limited amount of NH, so its best to have the least amount of culture buildings to be polished as possible, to maximize the gains, which means going for the building with the most overall culture value, and not the highest culture per square value. It is disapointing that orc don't offer us such a building... it looks like its inno once again wanting to force players to invest in premium buildings and this time its not even for the added pop, its just to be able to stay afloat culture wise.

upgrading the pond to the campfire will mean a loss of 1600 culture per building (800+800 from NH) and the space you get back its not worth the trade off, as you will end having to build more campfires to make up for the loss.

Of course you are both right while aiming for culture bonus.
I do not buy premium expansions so due to lack of space I keep culture on the lowest possible level. In my case Orc building are far better: more effective per square and also smaller so it is easier for me to put them somewhere.
Ponds are enourmours and I will be more than happy to switch them to Campfires. :)