• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser408

anybody have an anser to my quetions its not completing 4 building upgrade to lvl5? quest 16

DeletedUser1646

Not sure I understand your question correctly, but you need to upgrade four buildings to lvl 5 or more to complete the quest.

Or you can upgrade any four existing buildings to lvl 5 or higher

DeletedUser1657

i've upgrade a new residence to lvl 5 for quest 16 and it is registering as completing 1 of 4? is this a bug?

Pretty sure it is a bug. I have encountered this problem. Noticed in report a bug section 2 other people have reported this.

DeletedUser408

yes so i had a new resident to lvl 5 adn it did not take so i upgraded it again and it just completed to lvl 6 and now has counted towards quest, so i think the working on the quest is greater then level 5, not lvl 5 or higher, so only 3 more to go to finish quest but only 20 hrs left so not sure i wil complete the last 17 quest whatever it is :(

DeletedUser118

I finished the questline this morning and except for a few things already mentioned I'm quite fine with it.

About that quest with the upgrades. I build up 2 brand new residences and upgraded both to level 6 and tadaaa the system said the quest is fulfilled, which means all four level ups done.

DeletedUser1163

I don't know about everyone else but this elf can't spend hours working on the challenges for The Contest. I feel like we are being overwhelmed with tasks to do in Elvenar. We are working on the quests for the main story; battling/negotiating on the World Map in order to advance to the next chapter; entering Tournaments, and now completing challenges in a Contest. It's too much. Well for me it is. The Contest was a total disappointment. Half of the rune shards awarded were broken. What kind of a prize was that? You give the winner of the Contest broken items? Arrrr!

DeletedUser118

That's the risk you have to take when using shards. Inno can't do much about it if they break or not. And what other prize would you have liked to see? Personally I'm fine with shards, and yes alot of them broke too. So what, the others helped me to get closer to my Prosperity Tower.

Also you have to see it from a different angle. The more things we are able to do, the less boring it gets. And nobody said you have to do all the tasks offered to you. If you think this or that is not doable for you at the moment, don't worry about it and do it another time. Usually nothing gets lost in here and nobody dies if stuff can't be done. Just take it a little more easy, if you know what I mean. This ist still just a game. :)

DeletedUser283

I changed my broken shards for one Needles of the Tempest rune (I want this one, because barracks are way too slow !)
otherwise I would like to warmly thank people on this forum as well as members of my fellowship for giving info in advance on quests, which allowed me to complete the contest smoothly and way ahead of time :)

DeletedUser1623

I finished with a day to spare. But I still think the time is a little tight, especially for people who can't play all day. That I completed in the time available was largely due to Mike2910 and his list of quests which enabled me to start some of the long ones while finishing the previous quest. Also I got a spell from neighbourhood help which reduced the time taken for one of the quests.
I do think that when it goes out into the wider world there should be some adjustment of the time. Apart from that I enjoyed the challenges and it was nice to get the prizes at the end.

I'm totally agree with Elderflower : the lastest quest for example "Quest 17 make 700 troops or complete 4 provinces" need 3 days when you are in the ended level... Or "scout a province", lol 2 days for me on Arendyll
For me, the timing could be a problem for hight level...

At least, it's nice :)

DeletedUser601

This event is a really good idea to bring some fun to this game.:)
I wasn't connected few days, and I missed the beginning of the contest. But the quests need so much time...when we are in high level in the game, it's impossible to do in the part time....:(

DeletedUser1513

I'm totally agree with Elderflower : the lastest quest for example "Quest 17 make 700 troops or complete 4 provinces" need 3 days when you are in the ended level... :)
???
for me that was the most easy one!
It was completed in no time:
I had filled my barrack queue with 5 times 150 acrobats, and just had to collect the whole production with 1 click. So quest solved in a few seconds! Surely not taking days to complete!
Of course you have to take advantage of the feedback about the quests in your fellowship or this forum...

DeletedUser613

What do we get as quests 2 days 17 hours from the end - produce 24 hour goods specific to level 1 goods boost - this is a non completable quest for all though who have developed there cities to the maximum levels - goods buildings get larger and so you have fewer of them - you might have 4 for the type needed or you might have 5, so this quest a two day quest and then there are 3 more quests to complete in the remaining 17 hours

DeletedUser338

Or you can do what I did, build a few extra small factories. Then, instead of 2 days, it only takes 1.

DeletedUser629

I absolutely dislike your comment Bobbipiazza, because it is wrong and false.

I have finished the Techtree weeks ago and it is possible to solve the Contest, if you do not block the build of the M.A.
If have enough free cityspace to build the required upgraded buildings.
If have enough supplies every day, so I have to sell them daily.
I have money without end.
I have goods for the future.
I train troops around the clock.
I have 8 possible spaces for expansions free (the time will tell when I can reach them).
I have 125% culture on my own (plus sometimes 25% from the help of my fellowship)

I enjoy the game.
I never spend money for extra Diamonds.

Your comment shows, that your city is under mis-management and not under control

In the past always negative comment from you only: bad, bad, everything is bad.
If you don't like this game leave it

You have a very active fellowship and helpful neighbours ;)

Your rank proves you can compete without spending diamonds. Good job!

DeletedUser1573

Didn't get to finish and not for lack of trying. Quest #16 would only accept two of my upgrades. When I upgraded two more it wouldn't count them. Then tried to upgrade two different buildings and still no go. Darn those bugs. Otherwise I enjoyed it. The quests need to change or make it longer. There was no way I would have finished it on time if I hadn't known what some of the upcoming quest were. Upgrading buildings is a bit hard when you have everything already maxed and scouting times can be quite lengthy and too may magic spells to deal with. Disappointed I did all that work and could see the end and have a stinking bug get in your way. Would have like to have gotten some of those rune shards. If another one comes around I will try once again.

DeletedUser

You have a very active fellowship and helpful neighbours ;)
... Good job!

Point taken, Goryn. But somehow I doubt you'd tell me how good a job I'm doing, if I cited the same wonderful statistics about my city (which I could). ;)

DeletedUser1513

Didn't get to finish and not for lack of trying. Quest #16 would only accept two of my upgrades. When I upgraded two more it wouldn't count them. Then tried to upgrade two different buildings and still no go. Darn those bugs.
This is a bug that is there already for a long time, but inno prefers to add new content rather than solving the bugs...

DeletedUser1163

That's the risk you have to take when using shards. Inno can't do much about it if they break or not. And what other prize would you have liked to see? Personally I'm fine with shards, and yes alot of them broke too. So what, the others helped me to get closer to my Prosperity Tower.

Also you have to see it from a different angle. The more things we are able to do, the less boring it gets. And nobody said you have to do all the tasks offered to you. If you think this or that is not doable for you at the moment, don't worry about it and do it another time. Usually nothing gets lost in here and nobody dies if stuff can't be done. Just take it a little more easy, if you know what I mean. This ist still just a game. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. The Contest I didn't care about. The tasks took too long to complete and what I would have liked as a prize would have been relics. Cobwebs are appearing in my Magic Academy for lack of use. Can't very well cast spells if you run out of relics.

CrazyWizard

There is no way I could ever run out of relics, but I simply have no use for all those spells, once the new race comes out i'll probebly start using the stock spells I got from the chests to temporarily fix my hammer production. since those new races consume hammers like it are candies end then some.