• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser118

This can be interesting. Lets see what kind of quest you came up with for us. :)

Those darn Humans are not going to win anyways.. :cool:

DeletedUser

I'm stuck already on the 3th quest. :(

I'm required to train 30 units but I don't even have a barrack (and don't want to build it) ! Who came up with this stupid idea ? :mad:

DeletedUser118

just build those baracks and thats it, you will probably need them for future quests anyways.

DeletedUser1231

I too to chatter play on the French world without barracks and without wanting to build it but I think that I am all the same going to been obliged to put her if I want to participate in these quests.
I am on that there will be a quest or he will be ask to win 3 fights without negotiating besides the quest of training of units.

DeletedUser613

Who says the humans are not going to win, elves might be long lived but they are decadent and live life at a slower pace so a human city will expand quicker than the comparative elven city even if the elven city will probably last longer

DeletedUser1345

AM I going to have to train units? My barracks is still not working!

DeletedUser1075

Is the intent to have more than one of these contests?

DeletedUser1532

My local time is +7 hours so it's a bit impossible for me to finish all those quests within 9 hours :)
It's already 22:30 here...

Jixel

I'm required to train 30 units but I don't even have a barrack (and don't want to build it) ! Who came up with this stupid idea ? :mad:

The same people who stuck a non-declinable quest to build the non-deletable Magic Academy in the main questline, I guess :)

My local time is +7 hours so it's a bit impossible for me to finish all those quests within 9 hours :)
It's already 22:30 here...

You've got 9 days and 9 hours, not quite so bad ... however, the 4th quest is to scout a province, and that's 3+ days by itself for some people, I'm sure there will be grumbles about that too.

DeletedUser1075

... the 4th quest is to scout a province, and that's 3+ days by itself for some people, I'm sure there will be grumbles about that too.

I'm stuck on scouting too, though at least I had one in progress so it's just two days at the moment.

I'm not grumbling until I see an MA-related quest. I still want to know whether there will be more of these contests. 4 runes (well, I value four of the runes offered in this particular contest) will not get me to finish the contest if it requires building an MA. If there are going to be contests every other week, I would have to consider that. I still might not build an MA, but it would be worth thinking about those tradeoffs at least.

Runes vs useless MA building... when at the moment I can't get kp fast enough to fill my current wonders... hm.

DeletedUser118

Before you start to grumble please consider that this questline might NOT be meant for us advanced players but for rather new ones, and as that they don't have such long scouting times. Besides even if it takes you 3 days, there are still 6 left to fullfill the rest. I'm fairly sure it can still be done. :)

DeletedUser929

For everyone stuck on training 30 units and bugged barracks. Click barracks 30 times to get 30 units for free in an instant and refresh page.

Edit: Nevermind, it's bugged actually. I've got units from Dwarven Bulwark.

DeletedUser283

I second what @Katzenprinz assumed
these quests are targeting those players who just successfully researched the tome and the abyss (middle of chapter II) :)
those same players that have shorter scouting times, and so on ...

DeletedUser

My barracks its not working because of the bug. they really shouldn't release timed quests when there are these bugs in the game, as it very unfair to the players affected...

I am going on vacation tonight, so it would be hard anyway to do the quest, but as it is, it will be impossible because i can't train any units.

DeletedUser338

@Philplessis In a way that makes sense, but right now it seems kind of unfair. After all, when we old-timers all discovered and finished our provinces, we didn't have those wonders yet and therefore didn't get any runes either. So basically the newbies have a better chance at getting those wonders already.
And yea, we do have the tournaments, which are easier for us, but it's not like they're a rune-giving miracle. I would like it if the Contest was doable for everybody.

DeletedUser1231

I find that this series of quest is a very good idea.:)
But as grace I shall have wanted to know if it is planned to begin again regularly to allow the players of knowledge if they have to put barracks and academy in their city to participate in it.