• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Menhirok's Duty

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of our upcoming Quest Line Event: Menhirok's Duty here. Of course we would like to hear your feedback about this Quest Line so please leave it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser1767

On the one hand, I'm still kind of recovering from Event Fatigue post-Phoenix Rise, but on the other, I do like the little events, and I love the artwork for this building. I'm a sucker for barrows and menhirs. The storyline sounds interesting too. Does Menhirok's artwork remind anyone else of The Iron Giant?

DeletedUser1920

I think I'll skip this event. MAYBE I'll try it out in Sinya whatever (why can't the realm names be easier to spell/remember?), but my other worlds I'll probably be skipping.

DeletedUser1681

The prize building looks nice.
Another questline suits me fine - I'm just waiting for the knowledgepoints to add up and wrap up the fairy chapter (well... not exactly waiting for the orc chapter, but...).

DeletedUser1596

Some kind of guardian this Manhirock is. Gets his master's possessions stolen by grave robbers, then he gives you the whole barrow with his master's remains to be placed into your city and accommodates almost 3000 people inside.

I wonder.. how did this Manhirock guy get his job? :D:D:D

SoggyShorts

I think I'll skip this event. MAYBE I'll try it out in Sinya whatever (why can't the realm names be easier to spell/remember?), but my other worlds I'll probably be skipping.
Just curious, why skip it? Is the prize not worth it to you? Do you find event quests to cumbersome/time consuming? Something else?

DeletedUser2003

Cool, I like those little Events :)

I think there is no chance the building will give soma Mana in higher chapters?
I like these little events too...the big ones can take a lot of time and thought, especially when they throw in many 5 minute productions and/or 1-2 day prods. Ugh. :confused:

I also think it would be wonderful to win a building that gives mana as well as culture (if you're playing in the higher chapters), but I have a feeling that if they ever introduce a prize like this it will come in a major event. Nothing to base that on though, just a thought. ;)

DeletedUser1852

I'd really like to see the event buildings to finally give some mana too. it's hard to have the space available for additional culture buildings you don't really need either because the willows you need to produce mana give so much culture, I basically could go with any other culture building in my city and still be constantly above 180% culture.
So while the prize is really nice to look at (I love rainbows..) it nearly takes up the space of one willow and does "only" give me more culture and ppl? hmmm...

Elderflower

I like the look of the new building too. I'll probably try and find space for it in my city just because it is pretty. And there is only one of them.

SoggyShorts

Since the Snow Flurry I've completely ignored the culture rewards, and focused on population. There is always a prize that gives more pop per square than residences, and I go for that. Any culture that the prize gives is just an added bonus. That said, I wouldn't mind a building that ONLY gives mana, or something, just for a change in strategy.

DeletedUser1767

The devs have made it pretty clear that their intention is for the post-Woodelves chapters to feature a need to balance between high-culture buildings that don't give mana and lower-culture buildings that do. So if there were to be a mana-giving event building, it would probably have to have relatively low culture... or no culture, like Soggy's suggestion, which could be interesting. The trick then would be what that building would do for players in the earlier chapters.

DeletedUser1767

I'd assume it works like the orc Nest- produces/gives _______ from chapters 1-7 and Only produces xx,xxx mana for 8+ (notice how I snuck 5 "x" in there?)
Oh, good, you got the number of "x"s right! The orc nests give culture at all levels, though, so a building that only gives mana at higher levels and a building that gives something else at lower levels would functionally really be two buildings, to a greater extent than the Orc Nests are.

DeletedUser1777

Hmmm today is a public holiday in germany, are you sure the Event will start today o_O

I'm waiting unpatiently to read the interesting storyline of this Event :)

Ainor

Hmmm today is a public holiday in germany, are you sure the Event will start today o_O
1st may is International Workers' Day and is holiday almost everywere in the word ;)

it seem that some quest are chapter-related:
1. gain a small amount of coin: chap VI 4000, chap III 400, chap IV 1150
2. gain a small amount of resources: chap VI 740, chap III 100, chap IV 230

Last edited: