• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - October Episode

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our latest InnoGames TV episode here, in which we give you a sneak peek to our new Guest Race! :cool: We're looking forward to hearing your feedback here!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser

Will be interesting to see how exactly that mana is going to work. :cool:

DeletedUser118

Sounds interesting and again I really have to say I like the graphics. But cultural buildings that require paths and something (mana) you cannot store forever. That doesn't really make me feel well. Especially since we will need it for the future as well.

Heymrdiedier

does anyone get the point in the 3 race factories? what do they produce? they are also very late in research tree so they wont be used to upgrade i assume

DeletedUser

It's been 7 days since we had any feedback, so i am assuming that inno's plan is to go ahead with the battle changes as they are to the liver servers, proving once again that our feedback here is useless. Now they are promoting a new guest race, when we don't even have all the 3 updates for the battle system.
I am seeing the fairy units situation all over again. Are we going to have a new guest race whilst in the meanwhile we are saddled with an incomplete battle revamp?
Can we have an answer regarding the timeline for these updates please?

CrazyWizard

@madzix
If they go for the fairy route I am all in for it.
I rather have them revamp en fix up the current "new" battle system into one that people actually like and wait for it a lot longer, then getting served with the current mess they created.

so let the new guest race come :D

DeletedUser

@madzix
If they go for the fairy route I am all in for it.
I rather have them revamp en fix up the current "new" battle system into one that people actually like and wait for it a lot longer, then getting served with the current mess they created.

so let the new guest race come :D

i agree with you, but then they should tell players that is the plan. Because right now I have players on both EN and Us servers asking when the battle changes are coming, and should they really spend all their troops as per Inno's message.
so we need some clarification of what's happening.It would be nice if we could avoid another fiasco of having the mercenary camp idle in our cities for months before they told us it wasn't going to work anytime soon.

Dony

King of Bugs
where can i read about updates regarding new battle system on our forum mentioned on the end? Because there was only 1 serious respond from muf muf last 2 weeks. are there planned any tweaks to battle system before it goes life?

and i dont like that culture buildings needs street, it doesnt make sense, mana can "fly", it doesnt need street to walk on

DeletedUser1596

Mana looks good, fits in the game. Nice idea with where to produce it and with mana leaking over time. (just cancel that stupid orc currency and things will be even better)

And yes, I like that the new cultural buildings need roads. Without roads our cities look like cat food compressed inside a can. (In my humble opinion, roads provide too little benefit and everyone builds as few as possible. This should be fixed.)

DeletedUser651

i agree with you, but then they should tell players that is the plan. Because right now I have players on both EN and Us servers asking when the battle changes are coming, and should they really spend all their troops as per Inno's message.
so we need some clarification of what's happening.It would be nice if we could avoid another fiasco of having the mercenary camp idle in our cities for months before they told us it wasn't going to work anytime soon.

It is great to give people a head's up, but the announcement was made prematurely and now a lot of players are furious that they have used up all their troops. We have had two tournaments since the announcement and players are feeling tricked. Is it so hard to not lie to people and to give them accurate information? That's all anyone wants.

We would like to know:

When are the new battle system parts coming?

When is this all going to the live servers?

Will there be changes before this battle system does go to the live servers?

Maybe, if we could get feedback on the current topic, we could then discuss the new guest race topic?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser736

Does not sound too exciting to me. But I guess it's mainly because I am still angry at the new battle system making fights impossible on the world map. Or at the numerous bugs introduced in the last update. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I either faced the choice to destroy a chunk of my city to make the orcs tech advance at a brisk pace, or keep things slow and not destroy my city layout. I did choose the long route, so I'm only about 2/3 into the orcs.

And in any case, the game is clearly not ready for a new guest race. Too much work in progress as it is right now.

DeletedUser1596

Say "battle system" again.
Say "battle system" again..
I dare you, I double dare you, ^%$@!#..
say "battle system" one-more-god-damn time. ;););)

Marindor

Hi guys,

Please let me try to answer your questions as clear as we can right now.

I like it but @Marindor is it possible to let us know about planned order of releases?
Does it mean new guest race will arrive before you relaunch whole battle system? Or battle redesign will be finished and then we move to a new race?

As you know, the new battle system will come in multiple steps/packages. As it is planned now, step 1 of the new battle system will come first. The new guest race will come shortly after that and after they arrived, steps 2 and 3 of the new battle system will be implemented.

Good question, and where does the player movement fit in, im waiting for that on live quite eagerly for a while now :)

At the moment we are testing player movements on select live Game Worlds. If all goes well, the global Live release will soon follow :)

When are the new battle system parts coming?

Exact release dates are not yet known, but the other 2 parts are currently planned for the upcoming months.

When is this all going to the live servers?

Usually shortly after Beta release, but of course this will be depending on our experiences here on Beta as well.

Will there be changes before this battle system does go to the live servers?

Some bugs are being killed at the moment before the Live release. At the moment we have no information on other concrete plans for changes (besides the changes that were already planned for parts 2 and 3 of course).

DeletedUser651

How about the bug that no one can win a battle on the world map?

I really appreciate you answering those questions, but maybe I wasn't clear enough in what I was asking. Will the battles be easier when you bring this live? I don't know if you have to redesign the whole new redesign, but if you cut the number of enemies we face on the world map then maybe people could win. Newbies can't win because they don't have strong enough troops. Mid range players can't win because they haven't had time enough to build all the wonders necessary for the troops to be strong enough. And advanced players can't win because they are too far out in the world map and the enemies are too big.

The three day scouting times are plenty enough of a limitation for anyone not to be "too far ahead in expansions". I don't even know what anyone is thinking. People who are advanced are still 20 or so expansions "behind" all that are available. So, what could it mean that they are "too far ahead"? The people who sell expansion still have plenty of expansions to sell all those players. If they aren't buying, then it must be some other reason. You won't force them to buy anything now. All you will do is piss them off.

But we are past "shortly after the release on beta". It has been weeks and players were told they should use their troops up. They did, they are now out of troops and wondering what to do next. Do they go back to building up their troops? They have been told one thing that didn't happen. So now they are distrustful. Could you give us an update on the status? Will it be one more week? Two? Do you have no clue?

What should the players on the live servers do? Go back to making troops or not?

Marindor

Alright, please leave the actual feedback on the new Battle System in this thread, which is created for that, to avoid this thread from going off-topic. This one is about feedback on the new InnoGames TV episode.

For your question on when players can expect the new Battle System on Live: This will be announced in the Live Release Notes. We're here on Beta, we have game versions and specific content earlier than on Live and according to feedback, found bugs etcetera this content may or may not be implemented on Live in the same game versions as we get it here. When it comes to Live, it will be announced in the Live Release Notes. What I can tell you is that at this moment the choice has been made to postpone the update of this week in order to create extra time for fixing bugs and improving game performances. This indeed means that things are being moved a little bit forward in time, but for now our main focus is on fixing bugs and making performance improvements.

Ok that being said (and hopefully having been able to answer your question a bit), let's continue in this thread with feedback about the IGTV episode and the things that are mentioned in there. For any other topics, please always feel free to create a seperate thread :)

Dony

King of Bugs
is the new unit "ranger" from next chapter the unit mentioned in september episode? "orc unit"? or is that another unit and orc unit will be implemented later?