• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Fellowship-based tournaments

Dhurrin

@astoN-
First of all congrats! Not only on the result, but your devotion to the game too.

But that effort is way beyond most players and fellowships. Fellowships with members in midgame (or lower) are extremely unlikely to come even close.
So yes, its possible. But for who? Im in one pretty active FS, we got to the 7th chest and only barely. Got to the 5th before. But this wiped out so many troops and resources that most players just dont feel it worth the effort anymore.
My second FS is mostly midgame players. Im halfway the orcs and way ahead of most. We tried there, didnt even reach chest 5. Same result, most players dont see it as worth trying anymore.
Third world, all lowlevel players, not a chance.

So on ALL levels a lot of players were enthousiastic, got very disappointed, saw the first rewards which just arent worth much, then lost the kp award because they were dumped during the night and so filled up the bar, meaning the hourly kp stopped, so they didnt get extra.
So for something that was supposed to motivate players this can be considered an epic failure (again).

Dony

King of Bugs
do we have some stats from elixir tournament? did same fellowships managed to get blueprints?

daymaker

639be9c8b255419a910574db6aeec186.png
Twice on RO server, silk & elixir.

DeletedUser1657

do we have some stats from elixir tournament? did same fellowships managed to get blueprints?

Might not do this much longer

Number of people who got 17,600 or 6x6
ServerPlanksScrollsSilkElixir
Beta?112820
EN14123018
EN26112917
US15112112
US25101514
US3361912
US43101914
US526134
Total servers2877174111

Number of people on a server needed to reach 440,000
ServerScrollsSilkElixir
Beta261620
EN1241621
EN2261722
US1271723
US2302022
US3312124
US4301723
US5352438

DeletedUser1596

This may look desperate, but once (in a very distant future) the *humans* get that ork strategist (a golem equivalent), the numbers will get more hopeful on elixir tournament :)

Heymrdiedier

This may look desperate, but once (in a very distant future) the *humans* get that ork strategist (a golem equivalent), the numbers will get more hopeful on elixir tournament :)
Id rather get the orc deserter instead of the strategist. those golems arent so good against light melee either (no defense at all) so those orc deserters look so appealing

lika1961

I am seriously wondering whether it is worthwhile participating in the tournament. The main reason I take part is to gain KPs and relics.

I am stuck in the Woodelves research at the moment because the production in the grafting sites is so slow that it will take weeks to complete the requirement. We get it, the devs want us to slow down, but this is ridiculous. Any extra KP I get now will therefore have to go into my AWs. Although it is a reasonable use for extra KP, it is not necessarily what I want to do.

I have at least 300 of each non-boosted relic and more than 600 each of the boosted. So any extra relics that I earn will not make a huge difference to that. My production boosts have been maxed long ago, so there really is nothing that inspires me to get extra relics.

Because I was forced to stop fighting in the provinces, I only fight in the tournament now and only on autofight. This is extremely boring. Those encounters that I can't win get negotiated, which in some cases is a very expensive exercise.

During the last tournament 12 of my fellows participated. The final prize I got was 3 relics, 5 KP, 2 spells and a Blooming Trader Guild rune. Very underwhelming.

Unless you become obsessed with time and plan your life around the tournament, there is very little chance of reaching the final provinces, so whatever prizes might lurk in the last provinces become irrelevant.

Maybe it is just me, but tournament as it is now does not make me jump for joy.

DeletedUser1596

If I get it right, then you made 8000+ points total. 12 People participated, so that makes 667 points each. On average none of you finished a single province. In this case the reward is more than generous.

Unless you become obsessed with time and plan your life around the tournament

But yes, you are completely right. Although we usually get the 9th chest, the tournaments take a great part of our free time.. and sometimes even non-free time. We have already lost 3 people to this and another one is .. unstable. Not because anyone made them fight, but because they wanted to fight, could not, and felt useless or were so pi###d that they quit. :'(

lika1961

If I get it right, then you made 8000+ points total. 12 People participated, so that makes 667 points each. On average none of you finished a single province. In this case the reward is more than generous

No, you don't get me right. Please resist the urge to correct me. I seriously doubt that the average person would complain about the rewards I mentioned if that is what they received for the scenario you mention.

My post is my opinion. It is my experience of the current situation and I am at peace with the fact that some may not agree. My point is that for long-time players the tournament, like so much else, is no longer very attractive as there is not much they can do with most of the rewards.

DeletedUser724

If you can bring a provinces to round 6, you can get 3028 tournment points

Amount of round 6 provinces
milestone 1 1
milestone 2 3
milestone 3 7
milestone 4 13
milestone 5 23
milestone 6 37
milestone 7 55
milestone 8 79
milestone 9 109
milestone 10 145

if all your fellow , 25 member play tournment, each member send 6 province to round 6
your fellow will reach milestone 10 and get that "Blue print" super easy
The tournment is hard to reach ms 10, it is becos the "16 hour cooling time", not many player can arrange their timing to do it
they are tied-up in real life..they are working, studying.....

As lika1961 say, we get 3 relics, 5 KP, 2 spells
we pass ms3 and stuck in ms4..... Elixir tournment is hard to us
pass ms3, mean we already get 2000(Ms1) +6000(ms2)+ 1200(ms3) = 22000
we are ms4,our total score is between 22000 to 42000(pass ms4)

Urvalsandal ...8000 points ( is sum of ms1 and 2 only), so u have miss our effort in passing ms3 (12000 points)
Elixir tournment is the worst tournment that we handle, so we stop earlier
It does not matter to our fellow, it is a game only
sometime we get more and sometime we get lesser reward..SO WHAT.. I do not care

as lika1961 say, we get extra relic and kp only....
round 4 give u tons of kp
round 6 give u a lot of rune ( but u have to pass a useless round 5 )
Regarding 16-hour cooling time
I have placed a topic in beta-forum...."idea and suggestion" to suggest to lower it to 15 hour, 14 hour...etc
If any 1 is interesting , please go to there to give your vote

Heymrdiedier

Elixir tournment is the worst tournment that we handle, so we stop earlier
can i warn you? theres even worse to come, wait till you have to do the gems/ marble ones. And even this weeks magic dust is worse then elixir.

And that has all been pointed out earlier to the mods (more then 9 weeks ago), but still there is no change. i think they assume its fine because when they look at how we do, they only look during the easy ones, being silk and cristal.

lika1961

Ah yes, there is always worse to come. My current theory is that they actually don't look at how we do at all. How else would you explain the lack of change?

DeletedUser1657

theres even worse to come, wait till you have to do the gems/ marble ones. And even this weeks magic dust is worse then elixir.

Yep mage and light melee tournaments which includes scrolls as well. My troops are getting slaughtered at much higher rates this tournament. The bulwark is so handy for supplementing the troops for tournaments like this one.

My current theory is that they actually don't look at how we do at all. How else would you explain the lack of change?

While I agree to some degree with the sentiment part of the issue is it takes 9 weeks to get a full set of data if they are truly looking at it as every tournament is different. One would have thought they should have had a good deal of data pre-update but then the participation level appears to have increased post-update which makes aspects of the earlier data less useful. Add to that the bugs at the start of the update skewing events they are unlikely to have a full set of data post-update for almost 2 more months. Even once they have the data they then have to decide what to do and implement it.

Just a long winded way of saying don't expect a change anytime soon and any change could take a multitude of approaches. Anyway lets see if 1.23 has any relief although i would not hold your breath waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1877

Mykan, you have a point, it will take a couple months to go through a full tournament cycle. But, by that time, we the players will adapt somewhat to compensate, so the data from a 2nd cycle might be differant from the first.

DeletedUser1596

No, you don't get me right. Please resist the urge to correct me.

Depends on why we are here. If we come here to chat a little, cry about something, throw some dirt at the devs.. then yes, your opinion is completely fine by me and I should have left it unnoticed. But if you come to beta forum to give the devs a serious feedback (which seems to be the purpose of this forum), then I will try to correct your opinion (as gently as I can) whenever I find it wrong. You seem to take it personaly, but it's not meant that way.

And yes, I have made a mistake. I've overlooked that BTG rune, which makes it one more chest for your FS. The new math would be 20.000 / 12 = 1667 points per member. Even if it was 2000, you still did not finish a single province (on average). If this is correct, then you put minimal to no effort into the tournament.

1. I'd like to ask you, what reward would you expect for your effort.
  2. And what reward would you give to a FS that spends tens of hours fighting and makes >300.000 (while being fair to both camps)?

lika1961

You seem to take it personaly, but it's not meant that way.

Not taken personally at all. I just felt you were correcting me based on an incorrect assumption. As Conqueror9 explained in her post above, we were into the 4th chest. We could debate if that is minimal effort, but we certainly did not think so.

I think this is one of those issues that will always be contentious. I am not questioning the rewards. I am questioning the benefits. For players like us who have been playing for about 18 months :

Our production bonuses have been maxed long ago, so not much use for extra relics.
We have explored "too far", so in the last tournament the troop loss became too great at about the 4th chest.
We are at a standstill in research because we are virtually finished with the Woodelves chapter, so not much use for extra KP except to feed our AWs which are at quite high levels already.

Most of the players in our fellowship play for fun, so we are very unlikely to ever reach the last few chests. You can't blame us for questioning whether tournament is worthwhile doing under these conditions.

I am in 5 other fellowships apart from the one here on Beta and it the same story everywhere. On average about 10 or 12 fellows take part and most people only do 2 or 3 provinces when it is not one of their boosted goods. That means that it is equally unlikely to gain the final prizes in all those fellowships. And actually, that is ok with me. It really is.

This is after all a city building game. Just a pity that we can't do well in the fighting aspect of it in spite of our military buildings being fully upgraded and all the military research we have done. Lots of KP and effort to get to this point only to find that we struggle to get past the 4th chest out of 10. How sad.

So it is actually a good thing that we play for fun otherwise we might be feeling let down by the fact that we don't have much chance of ever getting the blueprints or whatever the exciting prizes might be.

DeletedUser1657

I am not questioning the rewards. I am questioning the benefits. For players like us who have been playing for about 18 months :

Our production bonuses have been maxed long ago, so not much use for extra relics.
We have explored "too far", so in the last tournament the troop loss became too great at about the 4th chest.
We are at a standstill in research because we are virtually finished with the Woodelves chapter, so not much use for extra KP except to feed our AWs which are at quite high levels already.

I think your list here is a symptom of tournaments regardless of fellowship or community based rewards. The only difference with fellowship based rewards is there is more incentive to support your fellowship whereas the majority of people don't care about their neighbours in the same way.

Your comment on too far and troop loss I don't agree with, as the difficulty factor of combat in tournaments is not determined by this. If anything you have more troops at your disposal as you can't use them in world map provinces. The "too far" does completely hurt you in relation to catering provinces which I could see as a large hindrance especially for tournaments that can't be auto fought into the last 2 rounds (which is most).