• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Coming soon!

DeletedUser1488

I will enjoy the wonderful graphics we already got a teaser for by the announcement, especially for the elven players like me it fits much better than the human-like stone buildings of the dwarves. I can wait for the upgrade, in the meantime I will free provinces and expand my city-territory.

I agree! :) Prettier than those nasty dwarves. :X

DeletedUser594

Nice, as long as the Bugs stay outside!! Too much bad experience in that department!!!
And don't forget the EXPANSIONS!!!;)

DeletedUser1075

Info is updated in the wiki if you want to see the new buildings and what the size/benefits are of each.

Quick summary:

Building Updates to Research & Implement:
Barracks (slightly smaller)
Workshop (flips, slightly larger) - so these will require a bit of city redesign
Armory (longer & narrower, with only 4 extra slots total) - question whether it will be worthwhile to upgrade given the large expense, but if you have multiple armories then it will add up I suppose
Residence (same size)
Main Hall (same size)
2nd tier goods manufactories (larger) - so this will require a bit of nudging your city around to find the space

New high-value cultural building
Pond of recreation (larger than the temple) - yes, get ready to replace all the temples with ponds. Back to a similar size as the old gardens.

Worth noting: with the new addition (and this is specific to players not spending diamonds) the martial monastery no longer gives the highest culture per square of any of the cultural buildings. So this building may not be worth keeping, unless you have a 5x5 space to fill and can't fit the larger pond.

The actual fairy buildings
More disturbing - after building all those tiny little copper and granite mines, the new fairy farms are huge by comparison. The portal is the same size, but the farms! Yikes.

I cannot find anything on the wiki that speaks to the city grid size and whether that will increase (and by how much). If anyone else can find it, could you please post a link or point me in the right direction?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

The new elven mainhall looks funky :D
A lot of the buildings look great, but for me it feels kind of wrong that some buildings (MH, residences, workshops,...) look like modified lvl 15 ones and not like modified lvl 17 ones.

Edit:
And woahh sorc III look really nice(stat wise)... can't wait to fight with them :)

DeletedUser1075

LordB, Did you read the intro text on the fairies? They don't like the dwarves, so they wouldn't build their architecture based on the dwarven stuff. Then again, these are little pixel creations we're talking about here, and I question their ability to have a motivation (or a design aesthetic), so you are entirely right. lol.

Maybe the next race will be on good terms with the fairies (haha) and can present an architectural style that merges the two harmoniously.

Or we'll get goblins.

DeletedUser867

Or we'll get goblins.
Or Orcs, or Undead. Something dark and foreboding. I have a hunch we'll quickly tire of too bright and too cheerful.

il_570xN.750816312_t1qk.jpg

If you want to go back and peek at some of the original speculation, have your Necromancer take a peek at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/more-races-orcs-dwarves-or-undead.712/#post-7343

ophion

According to Timon's Q and A on facebook yesterday regarding when the new Fairies Guest Race will appear...he says around the middle of March..or within the next two to three weeks...so we still have some time to wait by the looks of things.:(

DeletedUser778

Was he speaking specific about beta, or in general?
In general I could imagine that he meant the language servers.

LordB, Did you read the intro text on the fairies? They don't like the dwarves, so they wouldn't build their architecture based on the dwarven stuff.
Text, Story?! Sorry I was just looking at stats and pictures, I barely followed the story so far :p

Or Orcs, or Undead. Something dark and foreboding. I have a hunch we'll quickly tire of too bright and too cheerful.

I think "evil" races will not come so fast. In an earlier TV episode there were this charts with races:
z9uzehALwXUP.jpg

And also a chart with races that would not fit (I don't have the screenshot at hand atm) including necromancers and ghost, if I remember correctly.

ophion

I guess he was speaking generally so maybe I was too quick to comment and we might be lucky and get it earlier.:) Fingers crossed.

DeletedUser651

Does anyone know how big the new tier 2 goods buildings will get?

DeletedUser

info about the building's size is already posted on wiki Bobby, you might want to check there :)

DeletedUser651

Found it! Thanks!

Holy population Batman!!! It will cost 919 population and 229 culture to go from level 15 to level 16 on a silk factory!!!!!

DeletedUser503

I love the streets that we get with the Fairy Age! Both the portal connection and
the regular roads, very pretty! The Portal for Fairies also have some very lovely
designs. However, as far as the next guest race after Fairies, although I am sure
that is waayyy down the road, I for sure don't want something nasty like Orcs! :eek:
Centaurs anyone ? :D ( you heard it here first! , lol)

DeletedUser651

I totally agree about the streets....beautiful!!!

I have a question about the residence upgrades for Elves:

Are those goods requirements exact or just examples? If so, it looks like those elves who make silk are going to have a much harder time upgrading residences, while humans making scrolls are going to have a hard time.

Though, it costs so much to upgrade a residence and it takes a really long time. So maybe that will give folks plenty of time to make the new goods. Maybe it is good that it takes so long to upgrade a residence.....that way folks won't be done with it all as fast as last time. That will give the devs plenty of time to get the new race out without people going through the long drought they did this time. :)

DeletedUser

I totally agree about the streets....beautiful!!!

I have a question about the residence upgrades for Elves:

Are those goods requirements exact or just examples? If so, it looks like those elves who make silk are going to have a much harder time upgrading residences, while humans making scrolls are going to have a hard time.

Though, it costs so much to upgrade a residence and it takes a really long time. So maybe that will give folks plenty of time to make the new goods. Maybe it is good that it takes so long to upgrade a residence.....that way folks won't be done with it all as fast as last time. That will give the devs plenty of time to get the new race out without people going through the long drought they did this time. :)

I've been looking for an equivalent significant need for silk...can't find it. Anyone else?

DeletedUser651

The humans need 1500 silk to upgrade houses to level 19. But I think there are a lot more elves than humans.

edit: The elves who make crystal are not getting as good a deal as the ones who make scrolls and silk. Crystal at level 19 gives you 181 points per square (2906 total). Silk and scrolls give you 185 (3717 total). Also, the crystal factories are only 4x4 instead of 4x5.

But gosh, the two new levels of elven houses are gorgeous!!!! They will look fabulous if you mix the two!

The Temple of Seeds (4700 culture for 21 spaces) and the Giant Snail Palace are the two total game changers (3200 culture and a whopping 2900 population). Non diamond elves will only get the Pond of Recreation at 3700 culture for 30 spaces. I am sad now. I guess this game has officially become pay to win. The non diamond players will just drop drop drop in ranking from here on out. It was fun while it lasted. :(

The diamond players will be forced to spend a fortune to keep their rankings too. This feels a little pushy to me....yikes! And expensive! I guess this is where the rubber hits the road.

DeletedUser1397

The game has always been pay to win. Fountains, goddesses and premium expansions weren't proof enough?

DeletedUser

The game has always been pay to win. Fountains, goddesses and premium expansions weren't proof enough?

At least the Goddess were relatively par with per/grid population production. The new scenario is an even larger disparity. The new Snail Palace is over $20 each, and the Fairy expansion has been calculated to increase the need for them.

Residences only upgrade by 80 pop each - so, for example, by upgrading a city full of residences I can gain about 7000 population. Each silk requires 2000 population, Barracks 229, Main Hall 685, Workshops 262 each. Culture requirements for these are also hefty. Even if we have a full grid expansion, we need a full grid each for: Academy, fairy barrack, 2 fairy Wonders.​

A Snail Palace fits just perfectly over 3 Residences (how convenient) - it increases the population by about 1200 and provides all that culture. Plus it doesn't require a road.

DeletedUser629

Most players that hold the top ranking spots have their cities filled with goddesses and fountains, so the snail is no different. Those who are willing to spend money will always outrank those who are not.