• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

DeletedUser

Thanks for trying to maintain peace in the game and for bringing the game back to where it was a week back... But I would still like to see some new content in the game rather than all this unwanted messing around with whatever is already been done in the game ... Players are and will soon be getting bored of all this ...Whatever and however good the repeatable quests are how long does the dev's think we will keep doing them ?? I and think most of the players are only looking forward to play the game with some new content ... and it would be better if the dev's concentrate mainly on that for the time being and bring it up as soon as possible ... its long long overdue now ...by any standards ...

DeletedUser1095

We have rebalanced a number of units, and we would like to give you the exact information on these changes here:
  • Axe barbarian II: The attack bonus has been changed from Heavy Melee +40% (old) to Light Melee +20% (new)
  • Crossbowman II: The attack bonus has been changed from Light Melee +20% (old) to Heavy Melee +20% (new)
  • Paladin II: The attack bonus has been changed from Light Melee +90% (old) to Light Melee +80% (new)
  • Treants II: The defense bonus has been changed from Light Melee -90% (old) to Light Melee -80% (new)
That's what she's talking about. They added these during one of the updates or hotfixes but didn't tell us right away. Though, as an elf I can say that the changes are not that big of a problem. Dunno about the human side.

Thanks. Gotta love it when they change things without telling us ...

DeletedUser118

Thanks for listening to us, Muf-Muf. I'm sure, even if this is a little step back, its better for all of us. ;)

@ddevil: Wait for update 0.25 next week. Looking at the number, I'm expecting a bigger one this time again.:cool:

Also, plz remember that Innogames has a two week circle when it comes to updates. So you can expect something "new" every two weeks.

DeletedUser

Been waiting for updates after updates for months now @Katzenprinz ... Will be waiting for update 0.25 next week too and also for more updates after that also ... I have been coming on this forums directly in recent times only to check if there's any announcement of interest ... The game itself has nothing for me anymore to keep my interest ....

By the way Something "new" doesn't actually mean something good for the players as we just witnessed one such "new" update last week ...:p

Please keep this thread about the quests system. For discussions on any other subject, please start a new topic. :)

DeletedUser283

thanks for the move, the team did a good job ... and so did we, we finally got heard ;)
it is certainly a step backwards, but we were going in the wrong direction with this limitation on declining quests, and it will certainly make a future giant leap forward much easier :D ;
I am glad that the devs and the product management team finally got the point, and I keep hoping that quests will be made better someday;

newer content would not hurt either

DeletedUser

Times, they are achangin' ...

... we don't want to go back to the old system that we had ...

... this feature will not be implemented on the live servers the way it currently is on Beta ...

....we will turn off the feature on Beta ...

:)

DeletedUser867

We will also be working on rebalancing the quests to make them more appealing to complete.
This is actually the gold standard. If all of the cycle quest are equally attractive, or nearly so, none of them will be skipped.

So there could be a built in metric. The system could (perhaps already does) generate a log of the cycle quests that folks are skipping, which will then allow the developers to focus their efforts accordingly.

DeletedUser651

This is very good news. It is wonderful to know that we are heard. I am also very glad that the system will be tweaked. I don't think any of us like clicking past quests we will never use. That isn't fun for sure. I am hoping the game will get better.

Elderflower

I have never relied on quests for anything. I do them (unless they involve attacking) because they are part of the game. I like best the quests that give goods as part of the reward. I am quite happy to let a quest sit for a few days until I get round to doing what it wants anyway. I see them as an interesting bonus but not an essential part of the game.

DeletedUser778

I used the time to rearange my city to be quest autarchic, so you can bring it on!

DeletedUser1345

Just to add something I should have brought up before. For me, it has not been supplies I have been lacking as much as it is coins. Some players have neighborhoods that are rich in cities to visit. I have scouted out the entire 8th ring and have five players in range at present. Scouting out to the 10th ring will provide me with one more. This puts me at a severe and unfair disadvantage to other players. I have not been remiss in building residences, as I need them to build up anything else. If I want to upgrade buildings, scout provinces, and manufacture goods, I will not be able to progress without the quests. I am really unclear as which of these will have I will have to stop doing to improve my gameplay.

DeletedUser283

I would suggest that declinable quests won't improve your gameplay;
now you can select the ones ones that fit your gameplay, and complete them, and decline the ones that do not suit you : upgrades that you cannot do now or any more so far, production lengths that you do not use, units that you won't train, fights that you won't fight, the list is yours :)
whenever you decline a quest, the next one pops up immediately, and so forth, so that you do not have to worry anymore about the quests that annoy you, and you can concentrate on completing the ones you are interested in :)
just one question : are you a member of a fellowship ? in which case you should be able to help a decent number of people and stop relying on your non-existing neighbours ;)

Elderflower

just one question : are you a member of a fellowship ? in which case you should be able to help a decent number of people and stop relying on your non-existing neighbours ;)
I was just going to say the same thing. Find a good fellowship and you will never be short of people to help.