• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

DeletedUser283

thanks for your answer, @Muf-Muf :)
at least someone listens to us ;)
I did not mention the "train 500 sorceresses" quest, but this one does not make sense either :
to train 500 sorceresses, I would need about 71 hours, that is 3 days !
why should I bother ?
even while I was still fighting for relics and expansions, and though these units are quite fragile, I did not bother training that many in one batch :
I train units until I have enough of them to solve the encounter, then I fight to solve the encounter, then I train new units to replace the ones I have lost.
rinse and repeat ...
just like the "build one altar of the forefathers" one, this is quest that was perfectly suited (or almost) when sorceresses were researched, but having it as a returning quest is useless.

our main problem here is that quests are declined by players because they are :
  • not suitable for the current state of the city
  • not suitable for the gameplay of a player
  • just not making any sense (yes, I wrote it)
so the bottom line is :
  • quests are declined for a reason
  • preventing quests from being declined too fast will not make them any better
  • we need smarter quests, with better (and not necessarily higher) rewards (hint : non-boosted goods)
add some random diamonds here and there, and we're fine ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

Make it so that quests will reappear after a day if completed. If declined they will come again. Players who are abusing it are repeating the same quests over and over. I understand that some players are playing the system instead of playing the game. Being able to perform a certain quest once every 24 hours will end the abuse.
I will have to make a list of when the quests come, so when the three "waste your factories time with severely inefficient productions" comes up, I can decide whether to bite the bullet and build them, or go three extra days without quests. This is what you have moved the game towards being. Now I have to play the system as part of playing the game. I thought players playing the system instead of the game was what you were trying to put an end to.
Next time just ask me first.

DeletedUser1025

questionable quest:
"Produce 3 admirable altars" reward 500 marbles and 10.000 coins
I only have lvl 15 manufactories
1 altar is 1d production, 795 marbles. 795 x 3 makes 2205 marbles. Plus 500 marbles award and 10.000 coins. Altogether 2705 marbles.
In three hours my 3 manufactories produce 253 x 3 marbles, together 759 marbles. In 24 hours I start the 3hr production at least 5 times, more likely 6 times. 759 x 5 is 3795. Altogether (minimum) 3795 marbles.
What is the point? To slow the game and make me log less often????

DeletedUser590

our main problem here is that quests are declined by players because they are :
  • not suitable for the current state of the city
  • not suitable for the gameplay of a player
  • just not making any sense (yes, I wrote it)
so the bottom line is :
  • quest that are declined for a reason
  • we need smarter quests, with better (and not necessarily higher) rewards
add some random diamonds here and there, and we're fine

Everything is perfectly summarized here ! Thank you Philplessis :)

DeletedUser1037

Thank goodness that moronic repeatable-"quest" - (you could hardly call them quests) -clickathron is scrapped! One reason to play again.

Sorry, but I can't understand this statement. If someone does not like the declineable quests, it is easy to completely ignore them.

But this change in the gameplay will ruin the game for a big part of the players, because they will not have the possibility to ignore it. Their concept of playing Elvenar is not longer possible, and many of them will leave the game. Will it be more fun, to play with even less neighbors as atm? And with less fellows to trade with?

Sometimes it would be good not only to see the own point of view, but the big picture.

DeletedUser1231

Hello to all

That the system of repetitive quest is modified is a good thing.
Already the passage of 50 K coins in 150 K coins to be collected to validate the quest was a good thing, I spent my time to click to spend the others quests set it was rather long and boring.

That we cannot make any more the quests in buckles as before us will oblige to think more to organize our city what is a good thing, on the other hand please in this case put her we of the quests which are really worth it because so far we could gain only some gold, goods or boosted factories, made pledge us units, diamonds or PK

I did not make that beg them for harvests (gold, goods and resources) as well as collections of fights, the others were is too much complicated to make (win 1000 units) or too long (go up factories above the level 6) or too expensive ready (win 100 of the satisfaction) .
maintaining that you have to begin to change the system of the collections, I hope that we shall quickly have interesting collections because if the earnings remain the same to remove them so much.

Just a last point, I do not think that to make a so important change while all the former players are awaiting the continuation of the tree was the best way to annoy the players.

Thus I looks forward to the continuation and I trusted developers.

DeletedUser408

wow so i misunderstood how this was going to work, I thought i would be at least able to cycle thru each recurring once per day, but in fact as soon as you decline just 1 you are stuck for 13hr. this is truelly terrible idea

At least make so we can cycle thru all the reocurring once per day and a 24h clock gets put on each decline so it can re decline the next day,

ferrari13

I have an idea:
- There should not be a limit of declining per day. Except it, there should be a limit of every quest, eg: you can complete the "gain 150k gold" just once or twice per day, but decline as many quest as you want to. When you complete this quest twice, the game doesn't ask you to do that until the next day. Then the next day you can do it again once/twice... :) It would be much better :)

DeletedUser

I believe that this update has not been thought through properly. The quests are very restricting and retrogressive in the overall game advancement. Quests are skipped because they cause one to have to go back to long past aspects of the game like, having to build workshops to level 6, when you are long past the stage of putting in the amount of workshops you need.
Players don't want to move backward in the game, period.
The question is, when are you actually going to add to the Tech Tree? Possibly even Expand the land available for building.
Many have already reached the end of their game with nowhere to go, and you come in with restrictions rather than expansions.

Are you actually serious about this game or just messing about? It is now obvious that you need a new dev team altogether with a bit more imagination.
Seriously people this update 0.24 is a massive step backward and is going to see many players leaving the game.

To be honest, I for one am completely stumped.

DeletedUser

And then there's this.

I am now not able to log in. Obviously the new update is being implemented. I live in South Africa, and live under a regime that does as it pleases with impunity. I call them ''Tax Junkies''
This dev team gives me the same impression, so it is pointless commenting on these stupid updates, because they will do them anyway, despite telling everyone that they want and value our comments.
When you see one of the team reply to a post by asking which quests they are talking about, I have my doubts whether they even play their own game.
If this game is supposed to be played over months like you say, then you need to expand it, not restrict it to lengthen the playing time.

If I see this update is implemented when I'm able to log back on, I am leaving this game.

Thanks once again for the valuable feedback! We have read all posts and will continue to do so. We'll once again try to answer as many questions as possible, and explain the reasoning behind the decision that was made about the quests system. If you feel anything is missing, please do not hesitate to let us know, so that we can address your concerns as well!

One very important thing developpers should think of is to adapt quests to the level of the city. For advanced players (and there are such players on the beta), what is the value of quests such as "build an altar" or upgrading buildings ? Several quests have no interests when you have level 15 buildings, many players underlined this in this topic. With the coming change, you just punish players who invested a lot in the game, this is certainly one of the main reasons of such reactions.
We already try to do this with the quests, but judging from the comments in this thread, I'm not so sure if we're achieving what we would like to achieve in that regard. We'll forward this feedback, thanks for sharing! We of course do have to watch out that we don't ask things that are too high for the repeatable quests, as that would also get you stuck (e.g. due to the costs being too high to place certain buildings serveral times).

Having reached the end (hopefully not for long:)), I cannot remember quests any specifically aimed to upgrading any higher than lvl 6 or, for that matter, building the already mentioned altar of forefathers. It seems to me that even quests are not quite yet matched to the parts 4 and 5 of the tree.
Except, maybe, those 500 sorceresses quest...:)
Pleased that we are getting from the "decline" button to the core of the problem!
Otherwise, graphics, as mentioned, is what keeps most of us here, I guess. Now we need more of the game!
Most repeatable quests indeed have fairly low requirements, especially for those who have mastered what the game has to offer at this point already. This would also mean that they may not be the challenge we would want them to be, which should be reviewed and improved upon if necessary. :)

Then you could have gathered some info how to make the change fluent...
Like I think the majority can agree that quest like:
Increasing Population: Gain 100 Population -> 95000 Gold & 500 Supplies
More Culture: Gain 100 Culture -> 15000 Gold & 8500 Supplies
Are the most exploitable quest, because you can do them over and over again, so they should be removed, or changed first.

Sufficient Goods: Gain 3000 Goods -> 60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
Crafted-/Magical Goods/Basic Resources: Gain 2k of boosted tier 1/2/3 goods
Players can get together to exploit them hard too. So they are high in the "to change/delete" list too
A change would hit me, because I use them more intended (only collect my own production), but not so much then the recent change.
Unless it is changed from gain to collect, so only self produced goods count.

Advanced tactics: Train 1000 Units -> 70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies
I never did it, because i mostly train treants and sorceresses and training 1k treans would take over a week with level 15 barracks.
So it should be changed to units of a total weight of 1000, or even just 500, because training troops of a weight of 1k still takes ages to train.

More Relics: Gain 4 Relics -> 60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
Showing Elven Strength: Fight and win 3 Encounters -> 70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies
Knowledge from all over the World: Solve 4 encounters -> 60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
They are scattered in the repeatables. With the recent change and scouting times of 30-50 hours you can do one of these at maximum, when you want to fight through to distant land and even when they are next to each other I probably would hit them often when there are no encounters avaiable to conquer/negotiate.
Thanks, this is really helpful!

What more details do you need?
Being blocked in your progress for a whole day (build, upgrade, produce goods/troops), because you haven't enough supplies / coins / goods for only one building upgrade, is annoying.
Examples of the points where you are getting stuck would help enormously. If you know any of these, please do let us know, as we of course don't want you to get stuck (too long) while playing. It is inevitable to have to wait sometime, but it should not be days or even weeks on end.

I did not mention the "train 500 sorceresses" quest, but this one does not make sense either :
to train 500 sorceresses, I would need about 71 hours, that is 3 days !
why should I bother ?
If you look at this quest as "easy for reward", then it might not be so nice indeed. But, for people who are fighting and training Sorceresses anyways, the quest reward is an added bonus. Seeing the Sorceress is a fairly high level unit, we would expect them to be used in battles. If that is not the case, please tell us why not, because it is worth reviewing that, then!

so the bottom line is :
  • quests are declined for a reason
  • we need smarter quests, with better (and not necessarily higher) rewards (hint : non-boosted goods)
Yes, we agree: if people decline quests, it is most certainly for a reason. The question is: what reason is that. Is the reason just to skip forwards to another quest that is easier and/or more rewarding, or is it actually a quest that they cannot complete? There is quite a difference in that. We also agree that the quests don't get better just by limiting the amount of times they can be declined, which is why we are having this conversation with you right now. :) We want to improve, which is why we are now gathering feedback to improve the game. Smarter quests could certainly help there, I think. Especially if the rewards are smart as well. As you said: they don't have to be high(er), they need to have a good value or good quality.

When you see one of the team reply to a post by asking which quests they are talking about, I have my doubts whether they even play their own game.
If this game is supposed to be played over months like you say, then you need to expand it, not restrict it to lengthen the playing time.
We play, you can be sure of that. We ask you to tell us which quests exactly you are talking about, because there are litterally hundreds of them. We need to know which ones to look at in order to be able to even try and improve them. General terms about "fighting quests" (for example) cuts down the list to maybe some 50 quests? And then we have the two races as well, which both have different quests. And, about the game expansions: we are working on new content as we speak, and we strive to deliver soon! Stay tuned for more information. :)

DeletedUser778

How it was
Quests I did two times after a 3h production:
Crafted Goods......................Gain 2000 Silk......................................50000 Coins & 5000 Supplies
Magical Goods.....................Gain 2000 Gems...................................30000 Coins & 7000 Supplies
Basic Resources...................Gain 2000 Marble.................................90000 Coins & 1000 Supplies
Our taxes.............................Gain 150000 Coins.........................................................10000 Supplies
For a total of 640k Coins (including the collected 300k), when I was not sending out my scout out in the last 24h a big amount of it went to the wholesaler and 46k supplies to cover my training/goods production cost.

Quest I did occasionally:
Supplies Supply Security..............Gain 5000 Supplies.....................................100000 Gold
Two times in 3h, after sending out a scout until Coin storage is full again

Quest I did a lot in the past:
More Culture..........................Gain 100 Culture.......................................15000 Gold & 8500 Supplies
After building/upgrading supply costly buildings, but with space issues this quest became more or less irreleventm because I got enough with the quests mentioned above.
Increasing Population.................Gain 100 Population....................................95000 Gold & 500 Supplies
Did it countless times to buy KPs until I reached the end.

How it will be
Useless Quests to decline:
Advanced tactics..........................Train 1000 Units...............................................................70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies (just takes way too long, especially when training other units then Dancers/Archers)
Noble Residences........................Upgrade 1 Residence to level 6 or higher..........................40000 Gold & 6000 Supplies
Striving for Improvement...........Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 6 or higher...........................10000 Gold & 9000 Supplies
Perfect Logistics..........................Upgrade 1 Workshop to level 6 or higher..........................30000 Gold & 7000 Supplies
Improved Production..................Upgrade 1 Boosted Manufactory to level 6 or higher.......30000 Gold & 7000 Supplies
x, Please.......................................Produce 3 xs.......................................................................10000 Gold & 500 goods
y, Please.......................................Produce 3 ys.......................................................................20000 Gold & 200 goods
z, Please.......................................Produce 3 zs........................................................................20000 Gold & 200 goods

Quests which can be done, when the circumstances are right:
More Relics...........................Gain 4 Relics..........................................60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
Showing Elven Strength................Fight and win 3 Encounters.............................70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies
Knowledge from all over the World.....Solve 4 encounters.....................................60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
On to Distant Lands...................Complete a Province....................................40000 Gold & 6000 Supplies

Usefull Quests
Our taxes.............................Gain 150000 coins.......................................10000 Supplies
Supplies Supply Security..............Gain 5000 Supplies.....................................100000 Gold
Borondal for the People...............Produce Bread 8 times..................................70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies
Sufficient Goods......................Gain 3000 Goods........................................60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
Increasing Population.................Gain 100 Population....................................95000 Gold & 500 Supplies
Crafted Goods.........................Gain 2000 T2 Goods......................................50000 Gold & 5000 Supplies
Magical Goods.........................Gain 2000 T3 Goods.......................................30000 Gold & 7000 Supplies
Basic Resources.......................Gain 2000 T1 Goods........................................90000 Gold & 1000 Supplies
More Tools............................Produce 5 Advanced Tools...............................80000 Gold & 2000 Supplies
More Culture..........................Gain 100 Culture.......................................15000 Gold & 8500 Supplies

So I have 8 quest to decline, 4 quest I can only do if the circumstances are right and 10 quest are doable, but most of them have their rewards on the coin side and coins are not so needed as supplies :(

Furthermore a lot usefull quests (except Our Taxes/Sufficient Goods) are grouped together with only one quest to decline inbetween, so it will be declineing quest 3-4 days, do a couple of quests, decline some days again...
Not to mention that I am probably not the only player who involes the quests in their planning and their cities are now more or less screwed.

DeletedUser744

I have an idea:
- There should not be a limit of declining per day. Except it, there should be a limit of every quest, eg: you can complete the "gain 150k gold" just once or twice per day, but decline as many quest as you want to. When you complete this quest twice, the game doesn't ask you to do that until the next day. Then the next day you can do it again once/twice... :) It would be much better :)

I ihink this could be a good compromise for all, every repeatable quest can be done only once per day.:)

DeletedUser880

A lot of comments have been made by some serious game users and Inno needs to think what they are trying to achieve with Elvenar. The concept of reducing the ability to decline requests to only once per day has clearly not been thought through by the developers - it appears to be introduced to slow every player down, not to make the game more user friendly or challenging.

As has already been said many of the requests are either totally inefficient or impractical because of the individual player's progress and the buildings already in their cities and space available. Players will never want to select these quests.

Until the developers are unable to make the quests reasonable for all levels of users, I would suggest the following:-
Of the (24 or other number) declinable quests, players should be given the option of selecting 50% which they decline on a long term basis, possibly reviewable monthly. They would then only see the remaining 50% of declinable quests.
Rather than limiting the number of times quests can be declined in a day - limit the number of times per day a request can be completed to maybe 3 times.

This would help players by reducing the number of quests they need to scroll through while restricting the benefits players can gain by carrying out declinable quests, which I believe to be Inno's intention with the change made.

As has already been said I think many of the quests need to be looked at by the developers to see that they are realistic and that the rewards are reasonable, This is clearly not the case at present.

I sincerely hope that Inno will remove this 'development' from Beta and certainly not introduce it into the live environment until this has been thought through properly.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the update and goodbye ggg
Before the update
2e1f-oi-82f7.jpg

After the update
2e1f-oj-e798.jpg

Bye Bye Elvenar gggg

DeletedUser1250

A lot of feedback has already been given and I didn't read all, so I might repeat some.

I don't like the declining of the quest, the way it is now. I do see people can repeat quests over and over again and gain coins and supplies fast. I understand you want to stop that. But I think this is the wrong way to do it. The reason I think that, is because I think peple will be stuck soon and/or forced to play in a way they don't want.
For example: I don't want to produce 3 daily things, I like to produce every 3 hours and then the 9 hours for the night. I am stuck with that quest now, because I am forced to produce 3 daily potions. That also reduces the production of my goods, even with the 200 elixer bonus. 867 per 3 hours or 2767 per day, it is a huge difference. I don't want that quest now, not today, I only like that when I won't be online so much.
I reached the end of the tech tree weeks ago. My buildings are finished, my city has no room anymore for further expansion. Of course that might change with the expansion of the tech tree, if that expansion ever comes. But in the meantime, how to upgrade buildings? I can't upgrade workshops, residences or manufactories anymore. In the dutch server, I can upgrade buildings. But I would be very pissed of if a quest forces me to upgrade 2 workshops, while I want to upgrade my residences or manufactories.
The quest: research a technology (I don't get it here anymore, but in the dutch sever) sometimes requires 70 or 72 knowledgepoints. If I don't buy them and don't fight or negotiate for it, then I need to wait 3 days before I can do another quest. That is not funny anymore. I like to do something, work for it and get a reward, but a repeatable quest shouldn't take days.

Lord B posted a list of usefull quests. Those are the quests I like and repeat. I sometimes do the gain 100 culture, or gain 4 relics, only when I had planned to do so. Meaning I am not gaining 100 culture to do that quest, but choose that quest when my culture is almost finished. I decline the train 1000 units (takes too long). I also often decline the upgrade buildings.

Usefull Quests
Our taxes.............................Gain 150000 coins.......................................10000 Supplies
Borondal for the People...............Produce Bread 8 times..................................70000 Gold & 3000 Supplies
Sufficient Goods......................Gain 3000 Goods........................................60000 Gold & 4000 Supplies
Crafted Goods.........................Gain 2000 T2 Goods......................................50000 Gold & 5000 Supplies
Magical Goods.........................Gain 2000 T3 Goods.......................................30000 Gold & 7000 Supplies
Basic Resources.......................Gain 2000 T1 Goods........................................90000 Gold & 1000 Supplies
More Tools............................Produce 5 Advanced Tools...............................80000 Gold & 2000 Supplies

These quests are really usefull and also the ones that can give huge amounts of supplies and coins when you repeat them.

I don't understand why we can only decline 1 quest a day. It means we can be stuck on a quest for days, or do only 1 quest each day, depending on the quest we get. If we should get daily quests, we can still enjoy it and still decline and there won't be so much profit as we can get now and we wouldn't be stuck.
Suppose you can do each quest once a day. And decline quests if you want.
We can then decide to skip the upgrade of the building for example and choose to collect 150 k coins. After completing a quest, it won't appear again till the next day. Skip the fighting and winning of 3 encounters, because my troops aren't strong enough or because I don't want to fight today. Then choose something else that can be done in a few hours or takes a day. We will get rewards, but it won't be as huge as it was.

I think people should be able to choose how they want to play. I think daily quests would be a good solution between what we had first and what we have now.

Preator

Constantly declining quests is certainly not intended

When I was new to the game and first realized that the declinable quests are also repeatable, i thought that it should be a bug. But in the forums i read somewhere (i couldn't find that particular thread now) that this is intended and not a bug. Since then, i am using this "feature" even if i still think that such a quest system is not appropriate.
After several months, you say now that this was indeed not intended. That is a bit strange i believe.

We currently have three quest types, two of which can be declined. The story quests (cannot be declined) are the main guide through the game. We then have quests that can be declined, but are not repeated, which are also used for guidance, but are optional for every player to follow or not. Then there is the third type, that is being massively used for quick gains: the repeatable quests.

The nature of the repeatable quests should be really repetitive.

I think some of the repeatable quests should be in the second type, quests that can be declined, but are not repeated. We can complete the repeatable quests infinite number of times. But the following quests can not be completed infinite number of times because of limited building space, unless we sell buildings and build again from scratch, which i am sure is not intended at all. That's why the following quests (and similar ones from other quest sets) should be in the second type of quests.
- Complete 1 Residence upgrade to level 6 or higher
- Complete 1 Workshop upgrade to level 6 or higher
- Complete 1 Manufactory upgrade to level 6 or higher
- Complete 1 Boosted Manufactory upgrade to level 6 or higher
- Gain 100 Culture
- Gain 100 Population
- Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers
- Complete 2 building upgrades to level 6 or higher

Some other solution to this issue could be a fourth type of quest. You can decline these quests for a certain number of types. For example 30 for the quest "Complete 1 Residence upgrade to level 6 or higher". The number 30 is just an example, that could be anything between 2 and infinite. As a slight difference, that number could be the total appearance of that quest and not only the declined number.

Another option is, there could be a third option besides "Accept" and "Decline" which is "Decline Permanently". If i select "Decline", that quest will appear again. If i select "Decline Permanently", that quest will be declined for good. This option could be implemented together with the one above. Meaning that, if i decline the quest 30 times, it will be gone forever. But i can choose to decline permanently and not wait for 30 times.

These quests are meant to provide the player with a small "bonus" on their city's income. Quests are not meant to be the main source of income in the game: your city is.

I agree with this statement and what i've written above does not solve this. But the problem here is not the repeatable quests but the rewards themselves. The reward for "Gain 5000 Supplies" is 100000 gold. Considering 10 coins = 1 supply, the requirement of the quest is 1 (5000 supplies = 50k gold) whereas the reward is 2 (100k gold). The same applied for the opposite quest before the last update. "Gain 50000 coins" for a reward of 10k supplies, which is equal to 100k golds. 1 to 2 gain here as well. With the last update this has been changed to Gain 150000 coins, and it evolved to 3 to 2 gain. I believe it is still too high. In order to prevent the abuse of the repeatable quests becoming the main source of income, much better solutions than the implemented one could be found. There are some good suggestions in this thread as well:

Make it so that quests will reappear after a day if completed. If declined they will come again. Players who are abusing it are repeating the same quests over and over. I understand that some players are playing the system instead of playing the game. Being able to perform a certain quest once every 24 hours will end the abuse.

I have an idea:
- There should not be a limit of declining per day. Except it, there should be a limit of every quest, eg: you can complete the "gain 150k gold" just once or twice per day, but decline as many quest as you want to. When you complete this quest twice, the game doesn't ask you to do that until the next day. Then the next day you can do it again once/twice...

Quests I do:
Gain 150000 coins
Gain 5000 Supplies
Gain 3000 Goods
Gain 2000 Elixir
Gain 2000 Steel
Gain 2000 Scrolls
Produce 5 Advanced Tools
Produce Bread 8 times
Gain 100 Culture (Just because i still have empty lands, and roads do not require builders. So even if i dont have builders, i can build 10 simple trails and sell them right after that. Easy gain if you have empty land)

Quests I used to do before i stopped fighting, and will be doing after beginning fighting again:
Fight and win 3 Encounters
Complete a Province
Solve 4 encounters
Gain 4 Relics

Quests I decline:
Produce 3 Giant Globes (inefficient, i use 3 or 9 hours productions)
Produce 3 Mage Journals (inefficient, i use 3 or 9 hours productions)
Produce 3 Mysterious Potions (inefficient, i use 3 or 9 hours productions)
Gain 100 Population (easy gain but lack of builders most of the time)
Train 1000 Units (too long)
Train 500 Sorceresses (too long)
Complete 1 Residence upgrade to level 6 or higher (all buildings at lvl 15 already)
Complete 1 Workshop upgrade to level 6 or higher (all buildings at lvl 15 already)
Complete 1 Manufactory upgrade to level 6 or higher (all buildings at lvl 15 already)
Complete 1 Boosted Manufactory upgrade to level 6 or higher (all buildings at lvl 15 already)
Complete 2 building upgrades to level 6 or higher (all buildings at lvl 15 already)
Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers (not profitable)

DeletedUser1037

Examples of the points where you are getting stuck would help enormously. If you know any of these, please do let us know, as we of course don't want you to get stuck (too long) while playing. It is inevitable to have to wait sometime, but it should not be days or even weeks on end.

Did you read my whole post? There are examples in it. Until yesterday I could fill my storage with collect-quests, since now I can only wait for tomorrow. The same question again and again from your side is not very helpful, if I answered it in the quoted post.

We also agree that the quests don't get better just by limiting the amount of times they can be declined, which is why we are having this conversation with you right now. :)

Sorry, but are you kidding? Why do we discuss after you made the change, and not before?
Do you think this is a good way to deal with your costumers? For my part, I regret every diamond I bought.

At the moment, I am sure that the customers will not be taken seriously here.
Yesterday, the players were taken by surprise by this limitation, and in spite of many negative opinions, it's implemented since today.

If it is your goal to annoy the players: Congratulations, you have reached it.

My elves do not need more culture...

...and there's no space for an altar...

So, I'm finished with Elvenar for today. With some luck better quests tomorrow. With less luck better quests next week o_O

But apparently it seems to be too hard to understand the issue :rolleyes:.

DeletedUser240

That is what i said yesterday to, no consideration for the players, only asking for feedback when the dammage is done.

DeletedUser283

If you look at this quest as "easy for reward", then it might not be so nice indeed. But, for people who are fighting and training Sorceresses anyways, the quest reward is an added bonus. Seeing the Sorceress is a fairly high level unit, we would expect them to be used in battles. If that is not the case, please tell us why not, because it is worth reviewing that, then!

"What we got here is... failure to communicate."
(Cool Hand Luke)

this quest is not "easy for reward", I agree

now why in hell should I stay stuck on this quest while in 3 days I can produce planks (quest reward), produce scrolls (quest rewards), produce magic dust (quest reward), produce supplies (quest reward), collect coins (quest reward) and even solve some encounters, gain relics and maybe complete a province (quest rewards !)?

of course, I use sorceresses II in battle
of course they are useful
but I need treants too, and I only got 1 (ONE!) barracks building and it is appallingly slow even at level 15; having to wait for more than 3 hours to get not even a full battleground squad of sorceresses is ridiculous !

the reason why I consider this quest as useless is because nobody in his right mind would lock their barracks for 3 days just to get coins and supplies as a reward; there are fights to be fought instead !

because I need supplies to train troops (and to produce goods), I have 9 level 15 workshops
because I need population for these workshops (and all that lot of level 15 buildings), I have 34 residences
because I need more troops faster, I have 5 level 15 armories

but I do not need 500 sorceresses, I only need 2 battleground squads of them at a time, along with 3 battleground squads of treants;
both types of units need to be replenished after a fight, because treants tank a lot, and sometimes a sorceress gets hit and it is devastating.

to sum it up : I train sorceresses, they are oh so useful, but not 500 !

the problem with this quest is that it has no logic behind it;
or some twisted logic, which is the same to me;
I cannot figure why I would have to train 500 sorceresses before getting another quest, it does not fit my gameplay, hence I decline it.
end of story