• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Activating Hardware Acceleration for everyone

DeletedUser503

I turned it off. All actions were working splendidly until the HA was turned on.
Then the game actions stuttered and slowed, just like before when it was on.
If Inno every takes away our option to turn HA off, I will most likely not
play anymore, I don't need the aggravation, especially when it runs so
smooth with it OFF.

DeletedUser1365

Agree totally with Mustang. The game is unplayable now.

Thanks for sharing, both of you. We will contact you via the support system shortly to ask about a few details. Please keep an eye out for that message and help us gather some information. This will go a long way in helping us improve the Hardware Acceleration. So, in short: please help us help you. :)

DeletedUser283

I play with H/W acceleration on, but I know from what happened on FoE that PCs used by players are of many kinds and that the H/W acceleration system will take a long time before it is suitable for everyone;
I would advise to keep it optional (like on by default with an option in the game settings to turn it off) for the moment.

It will indeed remain optional for the time being, but we do work towards it being the only available option. We are well-aware of how Hardware Acceleration has impacted over at Forge of Empires back in the days, but do realise that a couple of years' worth of work on it has been completed since as well. :)

DeletedUser1365

Hardware is nothing special on my end. Win 7 dual core overclocked, 8GB RAM, GeForce GXT 750 Ti overclocked. Good enough for 40-60fps on War Thunder on high settings in 1920x1080 if that helps.
Keyboard lag is about 1 - 1.5 seconds per click or higher with acceleration on. Global map loading time is about 5 seconds or more.

DeletedUser

Not sure if this is just a coincidence but I haven't been able to access the game for about a day and a half now. Just three white lines on the log in screen.

DeletedUser283

just checked
the game runs smoother with H/W acceleration off on my machine :p
it runs fine nonetheless with H/W acceleration on ;)
AMD athlon dual core 4450B 2.3 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 3100
win 7 home premium 64 bits
waterfox 40.0.2
flash 19.0.0.245

(edited, kudos to @Neuromancer for the heads up)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1365

Hey Phil 4MB RAM is pretty awesome. (Phil did the edit thing.)

Just Kidding.

This is an interesting hardware bug. I've switched off hardware acceleration under settings, reloaded, and now everything is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

Not sure if this is just a coincidence but I haven't been able to access the game for about a day and a half now. Just three white lines on the log in screen.

You're trying to login via Facebook i guess. You can login from our main page using the green login button instead of the Facebook button.

DeletedUser326

Game sadly runs all bad With HW Accel enabled. I have Lags after helping 5 People. Maybe the matter i run an "old" GTX 680 with only 1.5 GB Video Memory which is exhausted after visiting 5 fellows cause of the still existing massive Memory leak even on low Settings.

Back to HW accel DISABLED games runs smooth like a charm because of 16 GB System Memory.

The Thing why HW Accel runs so good on FoE is the super low Memory consumption of the game.

DeletedUser1250

I was a big defender of the hardware acceleration. I had turn it on and never turned it off anymore and told anyone who had problems with visiting the neighbours to turn the HW ON. But now I have turned it off. The game was very slow after the update yesterday (0.30) and didn't function good anymore. I already posted about visiting neighbours that is a pain again. I had problems with collecting coins, supplies, goods, and putting the 3h production of the goods on. Crashes, dark blue screens, glitches, a huge delay, it all started after the update yesterday and it runs much better now after turning the hardware acceleration off. For now, it is good the HW acceleration is stil optional.

DeletedUser778

I was a big defender of the hardware acceleration. I had turn it on and never turned it off anymore and told anyone who had problems with visiting the neighbours to turn the HW ON. But now I have turned it off. The game was very slow after the update yesterday (0.30) and didn't function good anymore. I already posted about visiting neighbours that is a pain again. I had problems with collecting coins, supplies, goods, and putting the 3h production of the goods on. Crashes, dark blue screens, glitches, a huge delay, it all started after the update yesterday and it runs much better now after turning the hardware acceleration off. For now, it is good the HW acceleration is stil optional.
Exactly the same for me.
I had HW acceleration always on in the past and no problems with it.
With 0.30 I got graphic bugs, lag, slow loading times and stuff
and turning HW acceleration off fixed almost everything.

System is of course still the same, as in the last bug report msg:
CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K
GPU: Radeon HD 7950
RAM: 16 GB