• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [0.16] Balancing Changes in Damage Calculation

DeletedUser

so they can't even kill 1 sword dancer anymore

Because this could be true, I wanted to know about the damage calculation principles. But I did some testing and I believe, it is not (otherwise the additional dealt damage, that was not needed to hit the killed squads, has to be forgotten after an attack, this doesn't seem to be the case/example: attackers deal 1088 damage, 1080 needed to kill the shown number of enemies, additional damage: 8).

So I get back to my proposition: Remove the concept of 'base damage', what causes the irritating damage of 1-unit squads, totally.

DeletedUser651

9 out of 10 out of 500. Yeah....simple. :D

I am with ddevil....I am also trying to get as many provinces as I can before next Tuesday.

I too wish this had been applied to the bad guys and not to us too, but we shall see how it all plays out. The biggest problem we have all had is that fighting is too hard. If this helps, wonderful! But being as this new change is being applied to my soldiers....well all I can say is the barracks are a buzz: all the sword dancers have written letters home to their families, the golems are suddenly talking about making a will....and the treants....the treants are producing fruit.

DeletedUser

For a person without a clue you have developed your city pretty nicely ... Infact you are way ahead of me on the ranking too ....Cant imagine where you would be if u had the even slightest clue of what we all are talking
i dare say and i will repeat many times as neccesary : to build a Nice village you dont have to be war like, and to have murdering skilles :p
i have none, so instead wasting m time on figuring out what ever the hack is combat system or i dont know whats, i build, negotiate, explore, Upgrade and so on the Works :p ( not to mention how much i save on building a puny army that just looks good :p )
so long story short ya, you are all saf:egrin::cool:
I don't get why people can't get this simple information. How hard is it?
You take 9 out of ten out of a squad of 500 and it will still kill you in the current combat system. The immersive combat system should ensure that doesn't happen.
9 out of 10? who where what? out of a Squad of 500? uumm what is a Squad and where and who, and what are these 500? ..uum combat system? can i eat combat or build it? and well who wants to kill me??!! system??!! ;):p:p
it is all simple and understandable to you guys who are war like and do what ever the thing you do in, is it combat? but i still say all this terms and numbers..n stuff..is like a labirinht to me, With no way out!!! so i dont dare to look in it..i klick here and there, know maybe few names but have no Clue ( or maybe i dont want too, cos frankly too much fuss and trouble, at least for me that is!! :p )

DeletedUser

A little wound is always better as a big one, but.....
Depends on the wound. I have rad many times that a man can survive a large slash wound, but a stab is much nastier while it is smaller.

DeletedUser651

Something is going on. I was just in a battle with a full compliment of archers (120) and I twice shot at a Cerebus II of (217) and both times I got ZERO. Sorry it happened too fast to grab a screen shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

Were your archers weakened/debuffed that round? Because Cereberus II has 90% defense against archers and I think they will deal 0 damage if they get debuffed on top of it.

DeletedUser651

I don't know. I guess that could have happened.

All I know is unless this change really changes fighting a lot, I doubt I will win another fight. The bad guys are just too strong.

---------------

Don't your archers have to be hit at least once before they can be debuffed? Or can they get debuffed before they have even moved? Both squads of archers had all their men.

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please refrain from double posting.

DeletedUser

They have to be hit, yes

---------------

So what is the plan?

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please refrain from double posting.

DeletedUser

Has this update been applied already ?? If not what time we can expect it to be updated??

DeletedUser338

Between 10:30 CET and 12:00 CET. Downtime is expected to be +/- 20 minutes

DeletedUser118

I have to admit these damage changes so far are some nice improvements for me right now. My Golems II are doing better in combat than expected and the knights they are facing at the moment are doing alot less damage than before. So for now this gets an "I like" from me.

DeletedUser

I like that with enemy dogs. I finally can use crossbows in the field without fearing that some dog will kill them.

DeletedUser

After testing fighting after the update I finally have an idea, whatfor there is a 'base damage'. It seems to be used as a tool to balance between melee and ranged units.

But why this wasn't communicated before? Doesn't exist there a channel to get these informations from game designers and transport it to the forum?

DeletedUser967

I still do not understand what is wrong with damage/my calculations.
Axe Barbarian II for example, so

72 x ABII 50% base damage and 50% rest damage == 432-504 base damage and 432-504 rest damage OF total 864-1008. Suppose that 56 was killed and 16 alive so it is 432-504 base damage + 96-112 rest damage what is 528-616.
WHY in game total damage == 842-1030 and damage for that 16 ABII == 509-623

DeletedUser338

I think you're doing something wrong, because even if no ABII were killed, the max damage shouldn't be above 1008.
So you got some wrong values somewhere.