• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [0.16] Balancing Changes in Damage Calculation

DeletedUser338

Ooh, I like this one. Now it makes a bit more sense. And you aren't forced to focus on one squad at a time anymore. I can finally let those 3 orcs kill themselves with their next attack instead of having to waste an attack of my own so I don't suffer heavy losses.

DeletedUser

This is definitely a step forward, but why do you go half the way?? Forget the 'base value'!

DeletedUser867

This is definitely a step forward, but why do you go half the way?? Forget the 'base value'!
I suspect that the base value is needed to avoid a deadlock, where you're down to just 2 units and neither of them has enough attack power to overcome the defensive ability of the other unit. This ain't soccer. :p

DeletedUser

still no Clue what and how to do Battles...even if i attack With all i have > defeat..even from weaker enemy..no Clue..sight...woud be Nice if i could hire some humans in Exchange for relics to kill for me :D ok ok even war like elves XD

DeletedUser800

This is good news. Love it.

still no Clue what and how to do Battles...even if i attack With all i have > defeat..even from weaker enemy..no Clue..sight...woud be Nice if i could hire some humans in Exchange for relics to kill for me :D ok ok even war like elves XD

I, too, have the impression that the humans are better off with their units. I completely stopped using treants and golems, using sworddancers and archers only. Fights which look "on paper" like an treant/golem job i loose with those units, using sworddancers and archers i loose "only" 1/2 or 2/3 of my sworddancers.

I haven't unlocked the sorceress yet. Hope those are better.

DeletedUser778

Sorry to disappoint you, but until this bug is fixed sorceress are totally useless.
I find treants and golems usefull. Treants are great for crystal provinces and golems are great vs. mortars. most of my last fights were with both or atleast one of them.
Can't wait to test the new damage behaviour. I'm used to it how it is now, but maybe the more realistic change will made battles a little bit easier.

DeletedUser629

This will be a huge improvement i think, especially in encounters where the enemy has 3/4 squads, but with alot of troops in them. I have to fight squads of 500+ sometimes, and with the current base damage of 50% they hit really hard, even when i kill 400 of them. A base damage of 10% will make them easier to defeat.

DeletedUser118

I'm really interested to see how battles change after this update. If it works the way it should, we gonna have some nice fights comming up. :)

DeletedUser

I suspect that the base value is needed to avoid a deadlock, where you're down to just 2 units and neither of them has enough attack power to overcome the defensive ability of the other unit. This ain't soccer. :p

I´d lie if I´d say *I understand what U are meaning.*
This depends on this...: I am not understanding the battle system today. Troops doesn't move or fight like I want them to do.
So- sometimes I fight by my own opinion ( Pi x thumb), othertimes I use automatically fight or negotiation (if I got the ressources joining this feature).
I´m now training troops until Tuesday, May 12th, and then...I hope it will be a big Boom Battle Fantastic for me and all the other Fighters outside there. :D

DeletedUser

This is good news. Love it.

I, too, have the impression that the humans are better off with their units. I completely stopped using treants and golems, using sworddancers and archers only. Fights which look "on paper" like an treant/golem job i loose with those units, using sworddancers and archers i loose "only" 1/2 or 2/3 of my sworddancers.

I haven't unlocked the sorceress yet. Hope those are better.

Treants are actually useless but when promoted to treants II they are one of the best units IMHO .... they just dont die that easily ...I dont know how far / advanced you are on the map but i find fighting with treants II much more beneficial than using Sword dancers ... Golems as LordB already said are very good against Mortars but in the current state are not that much useful against other units but still can be used occasionally ...I am yet to get Golems II (promotion) but i do think they will be quite useful against heavy melee and mortars ....Most of my fights nowadays I am using archers and treants II ... and in some fights I include 1 sword dancer mainly as a suicide unit so that enemy units are busy trying to attack that one sword dancer while I can finish them off using my archers II and Treants II ... Human units is almost similar to Elves units ...the Cerberus is only one unit that gives a slight benefit because of its range of movement but again most of the time there are way too many obstacles for them to be really effective ... Humans also mostly use Axe Barbarians and Archers (I seriously find Elves Archers a little stronger than Humans crossbowman ...I maybe wrong but thats how i feel when I am fighting with them on the US server)...Cerberus are only useful when the opponents have archers in them ... Not that effective against any of the other units like Treants I & II/ Knights / Thief / Orcs ... When promoted they are good against Golems & Steinlings otherwise even these can kill the dogs very easily ... All in all after playing both humans and Elves on different servers I think i prefer Elves units over Humans ...they are more interesting and tactical than human counterparts ...

By the way coming back to the topic at hand this one does look like a good change ...hopefully it works as intended... But this will also have the same effect with our own units ...So if our units are damaged they will not be effective at all attacking the enemy units ...well i think we need to test it out practically before deciding whether this change is for the better or worse ...

DeletedUser481

Thats good to read it. When I finish with ( and not only me ) develo tree and I wiil use KP for nothin I will have a better fight :D:D:D
So, I will fight and fight and one moment I will cannot fight because enemies will be a lots and my KP will be also a lots ... hmhhhh ...somewhere.
What about secondary option for use of KP?:(

DeletedUser

As far as I observed damage calculation so far, most likely a damage within the damage range of a unit is randomly created, multiplied by actual squad size and the resulting damage is subtracted from accumulated hitpoints of the attacked squad (ignoring base damage here for simplification). If so, your argument wouldn't count.

DeletedUser

guys all the above sounds like chinese to me :D( i understand Spanish somewhat :p , and have no knowing of chinese Language whats of ever!! ) i hope i dont have to go to some military camp or smthin to be able to continue to play this game XD i am a Builder, not a Warrior i manufacture so..not sure how to try to understand this damage and i dont know whats!! im just ignorant lil elv :p

DeletedUser629

Let me try to explain it to you guys in English. In the current situation when you face an enemy squad of let's say 156, that squad has a base damage of 50%, this means the squad will stay at least at half it's original strenght, even when there's only 1 left. This resulted in players getting their armies killed by enemy squads not bigger than 5, simply because that squad still dealt 50% of its original damage. This is no longer possible ( unless that squad of 5 is a squad of 5 treants ;) ) The base damage is reduced to 10%, meaning that squad of 5 will hardly do more damage than that 10%. Be aware of the fact that this also goes for your own squads as the base damage was also 50%. What Karwijk means is that when there's no base damage at all, a squad of 2 archers you have left will never be able to kill an enemy squad, simply because the damage output is too low. I see this as a real improvement because enemy squads are often much bigger than our squads, and with that 50% base damage, they can still deal massive damage, even when you've killed most of the squad.

DeletedUser

Love the idea, maybe those golem 2's will be easier to kill. Probably not, but it will be a huge help for the other armies.
(I seriously find Elves Archers a little stronger than Humans crossbowman ...I maybe wrong but thats how i feel when I am fighting with them on the US server)
That is a False, unless you are playing pvp. Bandit units are generally weaker than player units, take a look in the wiki if you don't believe me. Orcs and crossbows have higher damage than our (human) level 1 axe and bow, but we already have higher health which makes up for the fact. And those silly thiefs are laughable.

DeletedUser

Love the idea, maybe those golem 2's will be easier to kill. Probably not, but it will be a huge help for the other armies.

That is a False, unless you are playing pvp. Bandit units are generally weaker than player units, take a look in the wiki if you don't believe me. Orcs and crossbows have higher damage than our (human) level 1 axe and bow, but we already have higher health which makes up for the fact. And those silly thiefs are laughable.

I am not really sure which one you are talking about ... Bandits are map units ... Orcs are also Map units ...the crossbows you are talking about are they map units ?? ...I was comparing Human units with Elves units because another player on top who's an elf was thinking that Humans have better advantage .... I was just saying both are somewhat similar ...I was trying to say Humans axe barbarians and archers (which are called crossbowman) are the best unit same as Elves Sword dancers & Archers ... Thief is not really that good i agree but they do damage the dogs (specially before the promotion) in a big way ... Dogs are good for specific fights only ... If you look into the same wiki Elven Archers before promotion have slightly more health points than Humans Crossbowmen ... maybe thats y i felt they are better ...I was saying from my own experience of playing both the units and I am talking about all units before their promotion unless and until i specifically mention about the after promotion units... I am yet to reach Crossbowmen promotion on the US server ... I dont think i will ever bcoz there that game's just hit a roadblock with nobody to trade goods i want and I have temporarily stopped playing my game completely on that... Same with Sword dancers in comparison with Axe barbarians ... they have got more health points .. SO before this change that was actually good as damage dealt to opponents did not vary much even after getting hit ... I was / am most of the time using my Sword dancers as free to get-hit units because of its higher health points ...Not sure how it will be after this change ... Axe barbarians are good ...they deal a lot of damage to opponents but they are not too different from Elven Sword dancers ... Players when looking at comparison always look at the Cerberus and think Humans units are much more stronger and are therefore easier to fight with on the map battles ... I was just saying thats not the case in reality ...:)

DeletedUser

I think elven and human archers are equal, one has has more life the other more damage. Cerberus sucks compared to golems, they have way more attack and about the same attack range.

DeletedUser

Aye thats true, but cerberus is the unit I hate because it is anti-archer but sucks against anything else