• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Difficulty of fairy wonders

DeletedUser

I am not going to be able to do that. My time at buying diamonds has come to an end. I was meaning the acquiring the proper runes in the ways everyone keeps talking about seems more than overwhelming. I am lost because everyone jumps around and does not give a clear explanation of how to actually do so aside from "donate to this AW and finish new providence's"

DeletedUser651

None of us were trying to give an explanation. Would you like one?

In order to build an ancient wonder you need runes of that wonder type. So...to build a crystal lighthouse wonder you need crystal lighthouse runes.

You have a little wheel you have to put the runes in when you get them. The runes are placed in random slots. If you get a rune and it tries to put itself in a slot that already has a rune, that rune breaks and then you get a rune shard. You can put all those broken rune pieces into another wheel and when you get nine broken pieces you can use them to make whatever kind of rune you want and that rune is guaranteed not to break.

Once you get all nine rune slots filled, you can build your wonder. Then once your wonder is built, it needs kp (knowledge points) before it can level up. Each level takes more kp. Other people can donate kp to your wonder or you can do it yourself. There are prizes for the person who donates the most kp to your wonder, but you cannot get prizes for donating to your own wonder, only for donating to others.

When you get your wonder to level 5, you need to start all over with the wheels and finding runes to fill up the wheel again. Same thing as above. When you get to level 10, again...you need to fill up those wheels again.

How do you get runes?

You get them by:

1. Clearing provinces. Each province you clear gives you a random rune of any kind of wonder you have already researched.

2. By donating to other people's wonders. If you donate the uppermost kp to someone's wonder, you could win a rune of that type. That way you know which kind of rune you are getting. Each level and each wonder gives out a different number of runes as prizes.

3. You get runes from the tournaments. But you have to work extremely hard to get them. You can get a rune in the early provinces of some of the later rounds of the tournament, or if you really work it and get to level 6 of the tournament, you get a rune for each province you clear on level 6.

What else do you have questions about?

DeletedUser

When you get your wonder to level 5, you need to start all over with the wheels and finding runes to fill up the wheel again. Same thing as above. When you get to level 10, again...you need to fill up those wheels again.

As you know bobbiekitty... I have been playing a while on the US server and am an active member of the US forums. ^^^^ the above information I did NOT already know. So I thank you for your well thought out explanation.

Each level and each wonder gives out a different number of runes as prizes.

Again, I did not know ^^^ this information, so I thank you!

--- More specifically I was talking about only the comments in this thread. Had they all been so well thought out. The bellow quotes are examples of confusion!

you could for example not build the great lighthouse, and use all the runes to break them, if you have eventually unlocked all runes, you can then build it and destroy it again, then you can use your reamaining runes to break more.

Build and destroy AW? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of working so hard to obtain the runes in order to build it in the first place? What benefit is there to building then selling an AW?? I don't get it.

The only consistent way to get Fairy Runes is going to be fierce competition. Play a tournament and hold onto all the KP, then find a Fairy Wonder at Katwijk's famous near half point, then slam all yours down and "steal" the rune from anyone else. The other alternative is to find a new Wonder and contribute 50% +1 KP....

You cannot hold more than 10 kp at a time unless you use the spell IF you have a magic academy.

In any case, those Fellowships or groups who have been attempting KP clubs should plan on being raided. I already know of one Fellowship that keeps their Wonders disconnected whenever possible, so they can be online at certain times to help each other.

How can you 'disconnect' a wonder? What does that even mean... disconnect their wonders...pfff....

ol this is how we did it we now have 3 wonders in our guild
number 4 is coming next week.
and we keep the stones in our guild so others have enough stones to
and because the hit and run tactics i still have 178 martial ruines and 135 cristals ruines for the next round lol

You keep "stones" in your guild? First elvenar has Fellowships not guilds, second do you mean kp? runes? shards? not stones?----see what I mean confusing!

Mathematically you need an average of 16,5 shards to fill the rune circle 8/9, doing so you gathered 8-9 broken shards too, so even if you break more you only need a couple of broken shards. :)
If your unlucky in the beginning, or have too much broken shards already, so you have to forge the 8th rune already with broken shards the average raises to 26 shards.
I would always try to have 10 broken shards for the 9th, or 8th rune, earlier it is a massive waste and cost increase.

Whenever there is math involved and you start spurting out numbers I feel like I am back in middle school math class looking at a blackboard, scratching my head and wondering what the 'bleep' I am looking at?

I hope this cleared up my inept ability of comprehension on some of the terminology used in this tread and the concepts being discussed.

DeletedUser

Irishna, the building / destroying Wonders to get Runes has to do with the broken run shards. If you build and then destroy, you can fill the broken shards bar, then complete it on a Wonder you do want, rather than one you don't. It's a last ditch strategy, since its so wasteful.

It's possible to snipe by placing many many kp at one time. First, we can purchase them all at once short setting. Second, we can collect more than 10 via Tournaments or Province Encounters, and use those to snipe.

Disconnecting a Wonder is the same as disconnecting any building - just make sure it isn't connect via road to the Main Hall. This prevents anyone from contributing, but it also prevents the Wonder from working. Kind of complicated, but sometimes useful.

DeletedUser1513

Now it looks like the tournament prizes have changed, more relics, less runes...
And in most tournaments I was fighting to those runes...
Also they occupied those empty spaces with coins, instead of players, so the contribution of other players is almost nihil, so the high level rewards which give runes you can never reach...
I really don't wanna unlock more wonders because it is already a disaster now to get the right runes!

DeletedUser867

Whenever there is math involved
Mathematics is the art of saying less and less about more and more.

A good model leads you to solutions that you would not have discovered by happenstance.

A PhD, on the other hand, knows more and more about less and less. :p

DeletedUser651

Maybe I am incredibly lucky or they have changed the algorithm??? I just upgraded a crystal lighthouse and it only took 13 runes to do so!

DeletedUser651

Update:

I am STILL not one rune closer to this wonder. Not one little tiny rune. Nothing. Nada. And now that the orcs have slammed the door on me being able to negotiate a province.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

DeletedUser1462

Maybe I am incredibly lucky or they have changed the algorithm??? I just upgraded a crystal lighthouse and it only took 13 runes to do so!

I built the Blooming Trader Guild with only 12 runes and have 9 runes at the prosperity towers (4 broke so far)

DeletedUser651

Update:

I am still am not one rune closer to building the prosperity tower I wanted to build when I started this thread.