• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Different Races - Race system

DeletedUser126

I still wont look :p Got better thins to do :) Thats what moderators are for :)

Then again i dont post duplicates, i started most topics :p

DeletedUser580

Alright. Before discuss deeper Race Systems, I would like to have actually MORE races than 2!

Races:
----------

Here are some races:

Humans (Knights, Soldiers, Sorceres)
Elves (Ents, Archers, Druids)
------------------
Undead (Skeletons, Vampires, Lich)
Orcs (Worgs, War Drummers, Chieftain)
Trolls (Ram, Mountain Troll, Berserk)
Dwarfs (Defender, Canoneers, War Pig)
Elementals (Fire Elemental (Melee), Earth Elemental (Melee), Air Elemental (Range))
Ghost (Wraith, Ritualist, Banshee)
Shadow (Nightmare, Assassin, Dark Priest)
Beasts (Wyvern, Bears, Hydras)

and so on. Its easy to find lots of races. What should be different between these races?

Race functionality:
---------------------
Option 1: You can actually choose, which building from which race you want to build.

Advantage: Every City will look different // Customizing your own race
Disadvantage: We need more to choose from (different races). 3 and more is a good number // Races need bigger differences

The idea is to research housing and than choose which house from which race you want to build and so on. For every building along the races!

Option 2: You can simply choose a race at the beginning. Every race has its own play style. See next point what could be different

Advantage: Player can choose his favorit race and the game can build up a special race system // Cities look different
Disadvantage: Race can be unbalanced. Like: More players choose same race ... one race is slightly more powerful in the player view and so on

Race specifics:
------------------------

- Building size
Race A has bigger buildings than race B but these buildings are more effective. Race C has buildings which are not 3x3 or 5x5 but more like 4x4 but with some space on one side. You have actually to play tetris in a more deeper way.

Having bigger buildings is harder to use effective every space and having even not exactly quadratic buildings is even harder. In this case, race B buildings bring maybe +10% ressources but you maybe cannot use all the space. Player C maybe up to 20% more effective buildings but these buildings are even harder to place. Race A could have lots of small buildings which is easy to build but you will need more streets and probably more builder.

Something like this :)

- Race speciality:
-----------------------

(Race D is always balanced in comparison)

++ Army Strength: Race A has stronger melee units, Race B has stronger Range units and Race C stronger Hybrids
++ Army Stats: Race A has in general stronger military units, Race B can actually create faster military units and Race C´s Units have more HP
++ Economy Stats: Race A need more Coins and less supplies, Race B need more Supplies and less coins and Race C need more Goods
(In this case ... coins and supplies should be tradeable too or race C might have a huge advantage or even disadvantage)
++ Special Powers!: Race A can help a friend 2x // Race B can even help/motivate a Building for goods // Race C can motivate buildings under construction to decrease building time for that building ...by 30% or something like this

There could be much more, but for that we need more ingame things.

- Race interaction:
----------------------------

Lots of you guys want the races to fight each other. I would say let them all fight each other. Human can fight Human and so on.

Interaction peaceful:
(See Race speciality)

Interaction aggressiv:
(I heavily prefer a pvp in which you lose nothing as defender but loose all as attacker. Like in FoE)

++ We could give a bonus on attacking a different race. And every race has an archenemy! Like: Dwarfs hate Elves .... Humans hate Orcs ....

Humans attacking a human player ... 100 Points + 0% Bonus Points
Humans attacking an elve player ... 100 Points +10% Bonus Points
Humans attacking a dwarf player ... 100 Points +10% Bonus Points
Humans attacking an orc player ... 100 Points +20% Bonus Points (archenemy)

This is kind of racist on one side. But we are in a fantasy game, so it should be right ... right? right? o_O

Interaction guild:

We already mentioned something like a guild army and fighting NPCs .... why not even give these quests/fights/ adventures some hurdles like:
You want to start that quest? Bring some dwarf canoniers, some undead vampires, some elve sorcerers and some orc war hounds to be able to start that quest.

----------------------------------

Ok thats a lot of stuff. I just want to through in lots of thinkings and animate you guys to think even deeper. Its a fantasy game .... we have NO limitation. On important thing to Innogames: Dont stick to much to the FoE Light Infantery, Heavy Invantery, short range, longe range and so on. It is good to have these primary categories but we even could have two different light melees or heavy or what ever ... mages class and so on. We have no limitations. And play more with extra abilites of these units to have an even deeper play style feeling. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Hi Thuncal! Would you please post the upper part (up until "Race interaction") in this thread about races (click)? :) That thread is specifically opened to discuss new races. An earlier discussion about races (in the other races thread) ended in the choice to forward the idea of subraces. However, you could still make your point in the first thread I've linked to. If many people support the idea of completely new races, we should perhaps revisit the discussion.

I'd like to keep this thread revolving around the main question: "How should (sub)races affect other game features, e.g. (interracial) guilds and (voluntary) PvP?". You address this topic in the later part of your post:
- Race interaction:
----------------------------

Lots of you guys want the races to fight each other. I would say let them all fight each other. Human can fight Human and so on.

Interaction peaceful:
(See Race speciality)
++ Army Strength: Race A has stronger melee units, Race B has stronger Range units and Race C stronger Hybrids
++ Army Stats: Race A has in general stronger military units, Race B can actually create faster military units and Race C´s Units have more HP
++ Economy Stats: Race A need more Coins and less supplies, Race B need more Supplies and less coins and Race C need more Goods
(In this case ... coins and supplies should be tradeable too or race C might have a huge advantage or even disadvantage)
++ Special Powers!: Race A can help a friend 2x // Race B can even help/motivate a Building for goods // Race C can motivate buildings under construction to decrease building time for that building ...by 30% or something like this

There could be much more, but for that we need more ingame things.

Interaction aggressiv:
(I heavily prefer a pvp in which you lose nothing as defender but loose all as attacker. Like in FoE)

++ We could give a bonus on attacking a different race. And every race has an archenemy! Like: Dwarfs hate Elves .... Humans hate Orcs ....

Humans attacking a human player ... 100 Points + 0% Bonus Points
Humans attacking an elve player ... 100 Points +10% Bonus Points
Humans attacking a dwarf player ... 100 Points +10% Bonus Points
Humans attacking an orc player ... 100 Points +20% Bonus Points (archenemy)

This is kind of racist on one side. But we are in a fantasy game, so it should be right ... right? right? o_O

Interaction guild:

We already mentioned something like a guild army and fighting NPCs .... why not even give these quests/fights/ adventures some hurdles like:
You want to start that quest? Bring some dwarf canoniers, some undead vampires, some elve sorcerers and some orc war hounds to be able to start that quest.

----------------------------------

Ok thats a lot of stuff. I just want to through in lots of thinkings and animate you guys to think even deeper. Its a fantasy game .... we have NO limitation. On important thing to Innogames: Dont stick to much to the FoE Light Infantery, Heavy Invantery, short range, longe range and so on. It is good to have these primary categories but we even could have two different light melees or heavy or what ever ... mages class and so on. We have no limitations. And play more with extra abilites of these units to have an even deeper play style feeling. :)

I personally like the idea of races - whether completely different races or only subraces - having archenemies. This could even work within voluntary PvP. I also like the idea of races requirements for Guild vs. NPC battles. Let's see what other players think. :)