• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Different Races - Race system

DeletedUser231

Well you know we have 2 Races, Human and Elf....Elf being FAR superior to Human of course...:p

Why just have 2 races?

Many more could be brought into this game.

Many players have brought up the idea of creating guilds/alliances/tribes etc. Well my thought is to create a race system on this world. Each race would be a Guild or whatever group name you wish. Within the Human Guild/syndicate could be separate tribes so to speak.

A system of trading is developed.
A pvp battle system can be designed.
A race vs race contests composing of the top fighters of each race through the galaxy/Universe.

The battle system would be the same with the 3-d battle design.

Why should this work?

We need more players interaction within this game. At the present everyone sits in their wee village saying and doing very little. Some players get out there and are more pro-active but the vast percentage of players are VERY SHY...:)

Many games have a system of

Tribes......(Tribal Wars)
Alliances.....(Grepolis)
Guilds.....(Forge of Empires)

Innogames has seen fit to name each group a little different and basically they are all the same just the name has changed.

My thought is to EXPAND the idea of the function of the above groups and amalgamate them into this game. Having a few layers of different tiers of groups...

Racial.....High Group.....Call it Alliances.....
Sub-Racial........Tribes....
Sub Tribes.....Guilds....Economic and battle Groups.

So when a player signs up they get to make up their minds which Race they want to belong to...EASY....
After that it is just a matter of joining up with a Tribe...

As the game progresses the various tribes can choose peace or war. Wars can be fought on the economic front or on the 3-d battle system currently in place.

The Sub guilds can be composed of various sub-groups just like squads in Tribal wars...Some players can be defense, some offense and some Commercial. Each sub group has a different function which adds to their benefits the whole group.

WARS.....

PVP........Duels....Like THE WEST....:)
Tribal.......Like in the movie TROY...Top player within each tribe represents their Tribe.
Racial.....Very large wars can be fought on a larger system. The fort idea in THE WEST allows each player to contribute by fighting together against another group trying to assault them....This can be expanded in a way that players can contribute TROOPS to a master battle plan....

So if you really look at this idea it is an amalgamation of all the other different games innogames has on the market...Put into a blender and POP...this idea...

Have fun improving it and your thoughts are welcome....

DeletedUser126

Im all for more War not Love in tactical games ;)

The idea is rough around the edges and its classical war game set-up (this is not a war game, yet)

What I would suggest more is instead of 3 tier (why make it unnecessary complicated) make only two, but very distinctive tiers.

Tier 1 (Major) - Alliance
- Coalition of Tribes/Nations (Guilds)
- Lead by most powerful and influential Tribe in the Alliance
- Major wars can be fought on this level
- Its own ranking system
- Special Control Map to compete about, with Alliance wide bonuses for controlling % of the map and key points.

Tier 2(Lesser) - Tribe/Nation
- Duel/Arena System
- Inside and outside rankings for Guilds to show best player in side and outside of them (everyone loves good rankings)
- Add cycle system for Arena (1-2 weeks) with massive rewards, separate for inside and outside guild rankings. This way more people will get something out of it at least. Less for inside guild ranking and a lot more for outside guild ranking.
- Minor rewards for X fights done daily in pvp and top daily score.

Thats a little more polish to your idea, I still did not add any details in to it until I will see any interest on the Developers side.

DeletedUser

Just yesterday I suggested something on the similar lines of having both the races battle each other and instead of guild system let their be a race system where all elves are one group and all Humans are another ... but received lot of flak from few members :(... as they accused me of separating the races :confused:... they wanted it to be a mixed guild system ... elves & Humans together in one guild (the same old the same old) ... You can read it all about on this thread from page 5 onward if you want to .. but you have elaborated and presented really nice ... Nice work ...My support for this idea ... always :)

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/guild-system.126/page-3

DeletedUser126

Its not the same. I read that. Your idea had core issue which was separating races, and that wont work considering this is more of a pve game and balancing pvp is a pain unless all races have access to all units. You can do that through guilds.

PS: As I mentioned before, it is extremely unlikely at this point from development and management point of view to even consider adding a proper new races. Its a pipe dream of people that dont understand how games are made. It would cost to much time and money to add it, and even if that was not the case game dont even have basic features like chat or guild system, and still is riddled with bugs.

If and I mean here "IF" new race would be ever added to this game it would be at least 2 years from now (or more)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the elaborate idea RugBug! I'd like to provide some links to related threads:

1. Guild system. Forwarded idea: interracial guilds. Most people don't like to have the races fight each other. They would like to co-operate (for example to fight a NPC boss).
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/guild-system.126/page-4#post-6802

2. PvP. Forwarded idea: voluntary PvP Arena. Some people want to fight, others don't. The middle ground was a voluntary PvP Arena.
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/pvp.85/page-3#post-5608

3. Races. Forwarded idea: choosing subraces later in the game.
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/races.747/#post-4104

In some ways, this thread is a duplicate to the others. However, it also contains a new piece: how to play with different races in the game. I'll leave this thread open to see if your idea could be elaborated even more, while it still takes the following into account of the previously forwarded ideas:
- Interracial guilds
- Voluntary PvP
- Only Humans and Elves races (and later in the game: subraces)

To make sure that your thread isn't seen as a duplicate of the 'Races' thread, I've changed the thread title to "Different Races - Race system". :)

DeletedUser126

Thanks for the elaborate idea RugBug! I'd like to provide some links to related threads:

1. Guild system. Forwarded idea: interracial guilds. Most people don't like to have the races fight each other. They would like to co-operate (for example to fight a NPC boss).
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/guild-system.126/page-4#post-6802

2. PvP. Forwarded idea: voluntary PvP Arena. Some people want to fight, others don't. The middle ground was a voluntary PvP Arena.
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/pvp.85/page-3#post-5608

3. Races. Forwarded idea: choosing subraces later in the game.
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/races.747/#post-4104

In some ways, this thread is a duplicate to the others. However, it also contains a new piece: how to play with different races in the game. I'll leave this thread open to see if your idea could be elaborated even more, while it still takes the following into account of the previously forwarded ideas:
- Interracial guilds
- Voluntary PvP
- Only Humans and Elves races (and later in the game: subraces)

To make sure that your thread isn't seen as a duplicate of the 'Races' thread, I've changed the thread title to "Different Races - Race system". :)

Fair enough though my ideas technically had nothing to do with races, but i thin sub races are a lot more feasible to do than adding new races.

Sub races could get unique building or bonuses to distinguish players a bit more after they reach certain technology level (Town hall lv 15 ?)

DeletedUser126

More like Alliances/Nations - coalition of guilds, and Tribes = guilds

Its a clear two tier system that would work well together.

DeletedUser580

I dont know why you want to fight the races each other. That will bring so much problems. I would love to know the statistics about how much elves and humans we have right now. But then check the top 100 .... top 1000 .... it will start to bring lots of problems if we let the races fight each other. Better let guilds fight each other or alliances.

--------------------------

Let me tell you an really interesting thing I saw in one game:

You can attack a player and when you defeat him, he will be a part of your imperium. But he still have the controll over his city. See the picture. Player A can set up a tax and everything all the tier 1 player collect will be taxed. Player C has lots of players defeated too. All together are an alliance. You can also set up a guild, than you are next to player A. If player F get attacked from a random player, all together will start to protect player F as he is a part of the system and also bring in some ressources.

How you add a player to an alliance by defeating him?

Maybe something like: You can attack a player once per day ... after 5 wins in a row you can add these player to your alliance. So the attacked player has 5 days to increase his defence OR the alliance take over the attacker and add the attacker to the alliance.

It was an super interesting feeling. You are protected from the one who attacked you before. And its in the interest of player A to not set the tax to high as he want player B and C and all of them to develop in a good way. :)

DeletedUser

Its not the same. I read that. Your idea had core issue which was separating races, and that wont work considering this is more of a pve game and balancing pvp is a pain unless all races have access to all units. You can do that through guilds.

So does that mean we cannot PvP at all and Only GvG is possible just because both races dont have access to all units?? ...As our neighbors consist of both the races - PvP if at all is introduced later in the game will Human race will have to fight only human neighbors and Elves have to fight only Elf Neighbors as both have different types of units??

IF one race is considered to be stronger than the other one then individual battles with other races will also be not possible ??... then this game will soon just become one race game as most of the players will start joining only that particular strong Race....

DeletedUser126

Guess you misunderstood, as it was mentioned by mods as well, you will be able to get units from both races while in a guild. How ? No idea yet. Maybe some sort of trade system.

ThaMartin

Let me tell you an really interesting thing I saw in one game:

You can attack a player and when you defeat him, he will be a part of your imperium. But he still have the controll over his city. See the picture. Player A can set up a tax and everything all the tier 1 player collect will be taxed. Player C has lots of players defeated too. All together are an alliance. You can also set up a guild, than you are next to player A. If player F get attacked from a random player, all together will start to protect player F as he is a part of the system and also bring in some ressources.

How you add a player to an alliance by defeating him?

Maybe something like: You can attack a player once per day ... after 5 wins in a row you can add these player to your alliance. So the attacked player has 5 days to increase his defence OR the alliance take over the attacker and add the attacker to the alliance.

It was an super interesting feeling. You are protected from the one who attacked you before. And its in the interest of player A to not set the tax to high as he want player B and C and all of them to develop in a good way. :)

To be honest, I don't like this idea at all. You have to be able to CHOOSE to which alliance/guild you belong and not being forced into an alliance because your town was "conquered". That would be a big "NO" for me.

I also don't like being able to lose your town when you lose battles, like in some other games. PVP and GVG have to be voluntary.

DeletedUser43

Guess you misunderstood, as it was mentioned by mods as well, you will be able to get units from both races while in a guild. How ? No idea yet. Maybe some sort of trade system.

Khebeln, I think you're referring to this post?
The point of having 2 races in the game is to provide 2 different ways of playing it. There are many differences between the 2 and both require a different strategy to advance. Mix guild vs guild would also allow both guilds to bring all 10 available units to the battlefield, this would make it more fair. This way afterwards nobody can say they lost because they don't have cerberus, or we lost cause we don't have golems. Working together as a team is what it's all about, whether you're Human, or Elf. This doesn't mean you have to get along with everybody ofcourse, we all want to win, but my dogs aren't that picky. They eat all kinds of meat, Human, Elvish, and they had some delicious mortar meat for lunch this afternoon ;)
What was meant by this post, is that the guild as a whole would have access to all units of both races if both Humans and Elves are in the same guild. If interracial guilds are implemented, a guild (not the individual players) could battle with all provided units. There wasn't a unit trade system intended yet. You are of course welcome to work on this idea in a new thread. It could be a nice addition to PvP / GvG in general! :)

DeletedUser126

Nah thats fine, being able to produce them works fine.

If i would work on a trade system for units it would something more in line of renting/trading mercenaries etc. I might make a design for it later on if enough people would be interested.

DeletedUser231

To be honest, I don't like this idea at all. You have to be able to CHOOSE to which alliance/guild you belong and not being forced into an alliance because your town was "conquered". That would be a big "NO" for me.

I also don't like being able to lose your town when you lose battles, like in some other games. PVP and GVG have to be voluntary.

First of all I made no mention of a player losing their town. I did mention wars could be fought but in a different way than say TRIBAL wars. Those wars can be fought on a different type of battlefield.

TO THE MODERATOR

I am finding this whole have to look through the whole forum to look for duplicates VERY TIRING and UTTERLY STUPID. In fact I am HATING IT TOTALLY, Yes this is why I AM SCREAMING AND SHOUTING....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....A player can't post something without constantly being reminded that it has been suggested in another fashion long ago by another player....

So this is MY LAST suggestion.....BAN ME....INFRACT ME.....SICK and tired of this...BLOODY HELLL..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

YES I AM ANGRY...::((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Dear @RugBug,

There is no need to be angry about this. Lauwi simply pointed out a few threads that were similar to yours, while still leaving your thread open for further discussion. On top of that, there is no harm in duplicates (and should a thread of yours be closed as such, that is not a problem, we won't infract or warn you for it) - all we want to achieve is to have a discussion about a single topic in a single thread. Why? Because we want to be able to process your feedback, so that it can be forwarded. For example: if 10 people all post the same and/or similar ideas in 10 different threads, there is no way these people can communicate with eachother about their idea, which would rob them of the ability to improve upon it. When we link you to the already existing thread, it is easier for everyone to find the thread, read the discussion and various ideas and then improve on it, making the idea even better and with that, improving chances of it being forwarded.

Should you have more questions about this, please feel free to write a ticket to our support. :)

Cheers,
Muf-Muf

DeletedUser

First of all I made no mention of a player losing their town. I did mention wars could be fought but in a different way than say TRIBAL wars. Those wars can be fought on a different type of battlefield.

That comment was directed at Thuncal, not you ^^

DeletedUser580

To all you guys. I think you missunterstood my suggestion. You dont lose your town. I hate losing my town or something else. Everything is fine. :)

DeletedUser126

I dont bother looking for duplicates, why would I :p Its not my job :D

DeletedUser

I dont bother looking for duplicates, why would I :p Its not my job :D

Yes it is ^^

5. Posting Protocol
- Avoid duplicate posts! You have access to both the 'edit' and the 'multi-quote' buttons, use them.
-Avoid repeating topics! Before you post a new topic please make sure that there has not already been a similar topic.