• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Demolish Barracks by level

DeletedUser

Another suggestion until they switch this to in-game polls and surveys!

When I first started playing this game, I’m pretty sure you could demolish your entire barracks. Now you cannot. It would be nice to have the feature like they have in Grepolis to demolish our barracks by 1 level at a time.

Motivation:
Military buildings are tough for me, I never know what level they should be. The needles wonder makes your barracks really fast, which in turns makes you build more or higher leveled armories, which takes a huge amount of culture. I have since demolished my Needles wonder to make my barracks slower. It’s made my ranged a little weaker but I like that’s it’s now 3 hours to produce units with the 6 armories I currently have.

Of the barracks units, I rarely make sorceress’ (they are evil) and to go back to a 4 slot barracks on some of my live cities would be really nice, then I could also remove armories that I don’t really need to free up culture and pop or leave them and get to a 9 hour production rate of units.

Then if a 6th type of unit is added to the barracks I’d like to use versus sorceress’ I could upgrade my barracks.

DeletedUser

Thanks @CrazyWizard I might be remembering that wrong. I know I could delete the training grounds because my fs wondered why I didn't have one. It was so ugly and never matched anything.

Elvenar ain't grepolis.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. That you don't want the ability to do this or that they shouldn't borrow from their other games *cough evil spire.

Deleted User - 60107

Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp can be deleted and rebuilt as many times as you want. Barracks, however, cannot be deleted once built.

DeletedUser

@shadowblack thanks for the info on Mercenary camp, I didn't know. I really don't want something else in my city that I cannot delete once put in.

I'd like to be able to de-level my barracks even if I can't completely delete it and that the lowest you can go is back to a level 1.

Marindor

This is not an idea that is in line with our current planning. We will archive this thread now.