• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Deleted messages Issue

Lovec Krys

This is a message to the developers, that by making deleted message threads reappearing again they have created an issue for all players who are now spammed with unwanted KP swap threads (in my beta city case dozens of spam messages per day).
In my case this resulted in me reading and deleting messages only once per day instead of deleting up to 6 message threads 5-6 times per day.
In some cases this can result in total ignorance of message icon from players (and those players would simply stop reading any messages).

I personaly don't care how this is resolved, but i want to have a choice to pernamently delete message threads (or mark them, so they stay below other messages and not make an annoucement in the message icon, but simple pernament deletion with confirmation or city settings would be probably faster to implement).

I welcome everyone who feels the same way to join this thread and write developers a message that this is an issue for many players.

SoggyShorts

There is the other side of this change.
Players who run a wonder society instead of simple swaps formerly had to make a new thread every time a player joined or one accidentally deleted it.
Also, there was no real way to loop new players in on an old thread before.

Now, to solve the zombie threads all that should be needed is to ask your FS to make a new one without your name in the list.
Same problem as before, just different players experiencing it I guess.

Maybe, just maybe it's time for a 21st century messaging system?

CrazyWizard

There is the other side of this change.
Players who run a wonder society instead of simple swaps formerly had to make a new thread every time a player joined or one accidentally deleted it.
Also, there was no real way to loop new players in on an old thread before.

Now, to solve the zombie threads all that should be needed is to ask your FS to make a new one without your name in the list.
Same problem as before, just different players experiencing it I guess.

hmm making a new thread every time a new player joins your fellowship,
OR
Making 4-5 threads a day manually by addind players 1 by 1 to the list (or having a list on the side with all the players in it for easier access)

I am not sure which of the 2 is easier, last time I checked in general fellowships do not change players that often.

So I have to agree with @Lovec Krys that this change makes no sense at all, and I wonder who came up with this and why it was implemented in the first place.

edeba

So I have to agree with @Lovec Krys that this change makes no sense at all, and I wonder who came up with this and why it was implemented in the first place.
Definitely an example of creating a very annoying problem for a lot of players.

But something else that could help is instead of when you click to send to the whole FS, you get the FS list of name and you can just delete names instead of trying to figure out why it isn't going through if you have a misspelt name if you try to put in the names manually.

iDavis

KP swapping threads creators can still decide Who are the players they include in the conversation. So maybe some internal fellowship discussion about who wants to participate in these and who doesn't could resolve this issue, even before some steps by Inno.

Karvest

Just make "spam" tab which won't have new mail notifications and allow us to move threads there. In addition to current "delete" (which is actually "hide until new message received") that would cover all cases. Even my special case, I don't want to see KP threads, but I want to be able to analyze them in case some FS member mess things up.

edeba

Just make "spam" tab which won't have new mail notifications and allow us to move threads there. In addition to current "delete" (which is actually "hide until new message received") that would cover all cases. Even my special case, I don't want to see KP threads, but I want to be able to analyze them in case some FS member mess things up.
And no red circle with a number in it for "unhidden" messages. If they were on a separate tab that I don't get notifications for because I deleted, that would work fine.

Enevhar Aldarion

The problem is when making new messages, the only options you have are either clicking the box to send a message to the whole fellowship or having to type in every single name you want the message to go to. So if there are 25 members, and only 2 or 3 do not want the swap threads, of course people will just click the box, rather than typing in 20+ names. What we need is an option that gives us a list of all the members, with a check box next to each name. Then we can click through the member list for all the people who want to receive the message. This would also get more communication in a fellowship, as each member would have to speak up and opt out of swap threads, or other discussion threads, rather than just silently sitting there and deleting the same threads over and over.

Deleted User - 81190

Ahaha! To put things in perspective - the same people claimed that teleporting evolution buildings would be too hard to implement. That's when they already have game mechanics, UI, basically everything in place. All they have to do is to add a single integer per stored building, all hidden in the backend.

Something tells me that "21st century messaging system" is a somewhat more challenging endeavor. /s

FieryArien

But something else that could help is instead of when you click to send to the whole FS, you get the FS list of name and you can just delete names instead of trying to figure out why it isn't going through if you have a misspelt name if you try to put in the names manually.
The problem is when making new messages, the only options you have are either clicking the box to send a message to the whole fellowship or having to type in every single name you want the message to go to.
The browser interface for sending messages to selected members is awful. I guess you need something similar as was implemented in the app (the “send to fellowship” option is there as well, just on different/previous screen):
9D4D39F5-385C-4B54-B37D-0A5C5E52277C.jpeg
There you have the list of your fellowship members and you add them by simple tap (or not add them by skipping them). If the person who takes care of the KP swap threads can use the app, it’s not that much of a hassle to do it on individual basis.

EDIT: I wholeheartedly agree that the change of the “delete” button functionality is pretty annoying.

SoggyShorts

Making 4-5 threads a day manually by addind players 1 by 1 to the list
Daily? You mean once, and then never again, right?
Why would you make a new KP swap thread every single day, let alone 5 of them?:oops:
Also, once you have a list of your FS members who ARE in the swaps, cut and paste from notepad works, as does the tickboxes on the app like Fiery Arien shows above.

The exact same issue is now here for Wonder Society FS too BTW, not everyone in the FS is in the program, so they get "spammed" as well if we don't tailor the list.

So the messaging system sucks for everyone. Shocker. I mean who would have thought that a system with fewer features than we had with AOL/AIM in 1998 wouldn't be able to keep up with demands?

edeba

The browser interface for sending messages to selected members is awful. I guess you need something similar as was implemented in the app (the “send to fellowship” option is there as well, just on different/previous screen):
View attachment 8577
There you have the list of your fellowship members and you add them by simple tap (or not add them by skipping them). If the person who takes care of the KP swap threads can use the app, it’s not that much of a hassle to do it on individual basis.

EDIT: I wholeheartedly agree that the change of the “delete” button functionality is pretty annoying.
Nice. I didn't look close enough to see if there was an add all.

edeba

Why would you make a new KP swap thread every single day, let alone 5 of them?:oops:
Also, once you have a list of your FS members who ARE in the swaps, cut and paste from notepad works, as does the tickboxes on the app like Fiery Arien shows above.

The exact same issue is now here for Wonder Society FS too BTW, not everyone in the FS is in the program, so they get "spammed" as well if we don't tailor the list.

So the messaging system sucks for everyone. Shocker. I mean who would have thought that a system with fewer features than we had with AOL/AIM in 1998 wouldn't be able to keep up with demands?
The way the wonder society worked where I was you only posted once for each AW that needed upgrading, so nothing like the spam you get when you post every 5, 10, 15, or how many kp you've added through a thread. Say you have to put 800kp into an AW, and average 10 at a time, well, that's being spammed 80 times for kp threads versus once for the kind of wonder society I'm used to.

SoggyShorts

The way the wonder society worked where I was you only posted once for each AW that needed upgrading
Yeah, in my FS we upgrade 4-5 a day, so not nearly 80+ messages a day, but honestly? If your FS is making that many swap posts a day it might be time to consider a better system...

Deleted User - 81190

Usually not daily, but these threads are usually refreshed - maybe weekly or monthly, but really depends on traffic. If there are too many messages in a single thread, the interface tends to lag quite a bit.

SoggyShorts

If there are too many messages in a single thread, the interface tends to lag quite a bit.
Ah yes, the same goes for wonder society threads, 100+ messages in any thread seems to be the line or close to it.
Amazing really. I don't think I've deleted an email from my HOTMAIL account in 10(?) years and yet there's no lag there...

Karvest

I don't think I've deleted an email from my HOTMAIL account in 10(?) years and yet there's no lag there...
I saw a single message thread (conversation in email made by reply-to in Microsoft Outlook on both sides) which was loading for a minute due to amount of messages quoted...

CrazyWizard

Yes nearly daily,

Why, easy after ~200 posts mails become horribly slow, so you need to reboot them.
Since our guild pumps several thousands of KP in swap threads a day, a thread will rarely survive beyond 2 days.