• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Deleted FS Messages reappearing

slide

Game version: v1.121-beta.5-(fd5fee7) - html5 (2021-01-07 16:30)
HTML5 Yes/No: Yes
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Opera 73
Flash Player version:
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1440
Account name:
slide
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
FS wide mails which were deleted some time ago have been reappearing in my inbox since Wednesday (kp threads)

Expected situation:
Mails once deleted should not reappear

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open Mail
2. See deleted mail has reappeared
3. Delete mail
4. Open Mail the next day, previously deleted mail has reappeared

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
reappearing mail.png

pinksunset

Ex-Team Member
Additional findings:

A player from the fellowship just needs to reply to the thread and the deleted thread reappears.

edeba

I think the deleted threads are reappearing when someone else replies to them.

Wowwie

ahhh I thought I was going a lil stir crazy ,, yes someone had replied to a old thread and it reappeared
so this a new thing or a bug

Marindor

Hi guys! We double checked this and the behaviour was changed recently. If there is now a message that you are a part of, that you deleted from your inbox, it will now reappear in your inbox if a new reply is shared in the conversation.

edeba

Hi guys! We double checked this and the behaviour was changed recently. If there is now a message that you are a part of, that you deleted from your inbox, it will now reappear in your inbox if a new reply is shared in the conversation.
This is a horrible change. It means that people not interested in the kp threads that were able to just delete them and not have endless notifications will now have endless, useless, annoying notification.

PaNonymeB

This is a horrible change. It means that people not interested in the kp threads that were able to just delete them and not have endless notifications will now have endless, useless, annoying notification.
On the other side, I've heard so much of "I accidentally deleted the thread"...

Elvercikk

There are other ways to fix this.
In my opinion, it would be much better if you could just "tick off" the "remove permanently" option just below the cross symbol.
I am not interested in KP's threads, and even less in news related to them :)

Eilin

Harassing players with dozens of unwanted spam every day is not a good solution. The problem of unintentionally deleted messages should be resolved, but not at the expense of other players.
I am also not interested in KP threads and after a few days I am fed up with messages coming back :(
It's frustrating :(

edeba

A couple times a year...

Say you have 20 players using kp thread, well, I think I've re-deleted 50 messages already today. This going to be about 500 messages some people don't want per week.

And being able to delete a message when someone's being offense turns down flames and now that crap is just going to get worse.

There are other ways to fix this.
In my opinion, it would be much better if you could just "tick off" the "remove permanently" option just below the cross symbol.
I am not interested in KP's threads, and even less in news related to them :)
Having in the options to permanently delete would be a good solution. I liked deleted threads staying deleted.

Lovec Krys

Yes, exactly.
Beta: 6 threads of unwanted KP swaps only overnight.
This change drasticaly increases the chance to accidentaly delete some other message together with the unwanted KP swap threads! Especialy if you delete 5 KP swap threads 5 times a day.

Furthermore: This might even get to the point that players tired of constantly deleting already 50x deleted threads will simply stop reading any messages (they might start to ignore the envelope icon completely).

Last edited: