• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Decrement to Exactly xx Relics

DeletedUser867

I'll post a more useful bug report the next time an appropriate quest pops up, but hopefully somebody else will beat me to it.

There are SEVERAL quests that ask for an EXACT number of relics.
  • The quest bar was showing 14/20, which was true.
  • Making spells DECREMENTED several relics to 20, but THOSE relics did not satisfy the quest.
  • I didn't test it with Ancient Wonder upgrades, but I suspect we'd see the same behavior.
  • Acquiring 6 more relics, of the type that matched the quest bar count, did the trick.
So either the various quests need to be reworded to indicate that you have to acquire additional relics, or else the counter needs to be double ended.

If I can figure out some way to do it, perhaps I can decline the quest on the first cycle, I'll drop a higher count BELOW the threshold, accept the quest, and then acquire a couple of new relics of that type. It might even work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the report Katwijk :)
Do you have more information about the quest names?
So far I found various "gain x boosted relics" quests, which need an increase to be completed
and the "Have x of the same boosting relic" quests, which are instantly completed if you have the right amount, or more.

DeletedUser867

We don't have any sort of quest log, and I was focusing on figuring out how to get the quest to work. My recollection is that it was asking for EXACTLY 20 relics, of any sort, but I didn't think about taking a snapshot until a beat too late.

I'll submit a Support Ticket, and maybe the mods can provide me with Quest Name.

If nobody trips on the same tree root within a couple of days, then we should probably delete this thread.

(a bit later)

The closest thing that the GM can suggest is 6311 The Legacy of Elvenar, which asks for 30 relics. I'm pretty sure my quest was for 20, but I may have been asleep at the time. :D At any rate, if that one fires on a decrement, or a prior count, then we're golden.

DeletedUser867

Game version: __ (v1.2.7-(807270c) (2016-04-01 9:33)
Game world: __ us4
Browser + version: __ Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m
Flash Player version: __
Description: Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
Version: 21.0.0.197
Location: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.110\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Operating System: __ Windows 10
Screen resolution: __ 1920 x 1080 HMI
Account name: __ Katwijk
Humans or Elves: __ Elves

Reproducibility: __ 5/5

Quest title: __ The Legacy of Elvenar

Current situation:
The quest asks for a certain number of relics, but only accepts increases
__

Expected situation:
Using up Relics, in the Magic Academy, should be an acceptable way of arriving at the target number. Once we have Provincial Tournament, I'll probably have more than (pick a number) of each type of Relic.

The progress bar should be double ended, or perhaps we need two of them, side by side, one for increment and the other for decrement. The quest engine should test for a matching amount, per the stated completion requirements.

If we're willing to settle for an uninteresting solution, the quest could merely ask for 5 additional Relics, of any sort, including those which will be coming from the Provincial Tournaments.

Reproduction Steps
Wait for the quest to fire
2. Make spells, as needed, to decrement to the target number of relics.
3. A matching number SHOULD satisfy the quest. In a previous round, I had to increment a relic, even though I already HAD a couple relics with the right numbers, even before I decremented anything.
4. I've got it cornered, in us4 > Katwijk. We'll know for sure, one way or the other, in three days.
5. __

Screenshots of the bug:
Legacy1.png
Legacy2.png
Legacy3.png

DeletedUser

I am not a native english speaker, so I am not quite sure, if the wording is 100% correct, but the quests ask for relics you have a boost for in your case plank, silk, or magic dust relics,
so I will amrk it as not a bug, but ask if it is maybe a text error. :)

DeletedUser867

It's DEFINITELY a bug. Far more than mere wording. I'll elaborate a bit more in a PM, so check your mailbox.

As I indicated earlier I DID have exactly the number of Relics that the quest was asking for, and now I'm testing to demonstrate that it won't fire on a decrement.

It ONLY works if you increment a relic that matches the blue bar, which isn't even CLOSE to what's being asked for.

More broadly, the quest SHOULD complete if you already HAVE the requested amount, if you Decrement, or if you Increment.

Short Version: The quest needs to be recoded now that Ancient Wonders and the Magic Academy can decrement Relics.

Opps. :oops:

DeletedUser867

Hmmm "of the boosting relic".

That sounds a bit stilted, but I can't think of a better way to state it. In fact my higher level relics are NOT boosted, so let's leave it as "not a bug."

Once my decrement quest has run its course then I'll increment one of my NON-boosting relics, simply to see if it works, when it shouldn't.

DeletedUser867

• Decrementing the NONboosting Crystal relics to 61, didn't work
  • Incrementing the NONboosting Scroll relics to 61, didn't work
  • Incrementing the BOOSTING Silk relics to 61, worked fine
DecrementingCrystal.png
IncrementingScrolls.png
IncrementingSilk.png
LegacyWorks.png