• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Decline Story-Quest?

Trinculo

I think, I read it somewhere, that when one reaches a new Chapter Story-Quests from a previous Chapter can eventually be declined.
But I already started the Fairy-Chapter and I still have the Quest "Basis Economy I" open, from at least three Chapters ago, with no Option to decline.
Is this a Bug, or was the Option to decline Story-Quests taken away, or does this only work with certain Quests?

CrazyWizard

I think, I read it somewhere, that when one reaches a new Chapter Story-Quests from a previous Chapter can eventually be declined.
But I already started the Fairy-Chapter and I still have the Quest "Basis Economy I" open, from at least three Chapters ago, with no Option to decline.
Is this a Bug, or was the Option to decline Story-Quests taken away, or does this only work with certain Quests?
You havent started a new chapter untill you complete the first research

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am trying to find more info on that quest but can't get it from elvengems.
What does the quest ask you to do?
And it might be 1 of the tutorial quests that you should not skip.

O, and if it is one of those 24h quests, just put down a level 1 building for it and let the quest run.
Your problem should solve it self that way.

And to CW: he is in chapter 7 for that is the info I get from elvenStats for his account on beta.

Trinculo

My Elven Liege!
We focused a lot on our Residences and Workshops. But we should not forget to also upgrade the other important buildings.
Rewards: :coin: 3000 :supply: 300​
Required
Have at least 2 Manufactories at level 3 or higher [2/2] ✓
Have at least 1 Armory at level 3 or higher

I didn't build an Armory, because I wanted a peaceful playthrough.

So I need to build one, to progress in the Quest? Can it be teared down afterwards?

Bor de Wolf 1965

Yes you can tear it down but no, you should not tear it down.
At a certain moment you need the little green man that the armoury will produce.
That will happen in the orc and goblin chapter.
The green men let you explore more province and they are needed for some wonder upgrades as well.

O, and for your info, the armory doesn't produce any soldiers by it self.

SlyLady

I didn't build an Armory, because I wanted a peaceful playthrough.
So I need to build one, to progress in the Quest? Can it be teared down afterwards?

I'd put in a support ticket. I have a city that has never had an armory and was able to decline that quest.

Enevhar Aldarion

Inno is in the middle of redoing the quests for the first few chapters, so maybe that caused this to glitch for you. Like others said, you can build it and then sell it after you collect the quest, but that will not be the last quest that requires armories. And as also pointed out, starting in chapter 8 you will need armories that are at least level 20 to make the non-combat orcs that are used to make the chapter 8 guest race goods and to negotiate on the world map after you have completed 222 provinces, which is only enough provinces to unlock up to chapter 10. If you are not overscouting, you have some time to work on that because you hit the wall. There will be other sources for orcs other than armories, but until you can build up a stock of those buildings, you will need the armories instead.

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
Hi @Trinculo
Before guest race story-line quests begin, there will indeed be some un-skippable quests you will need to complete, such as this one that you are currently on. These are there to help players understand what will be needed in the game, as you progress through each chapter.

You are correct that once you are in the guest race chapters, you can indeed decline previous guest race story-line quests once you have completed the first research tech of the new chapter you are in, as @CrazyWizard has said.

As suggested above (thanks @Bor de Wolf 1965 and @Enevhar Aldarion ), to progress through the chapters, you will indeed need your Armory(ies), after you have gone through part of the Orcs and Goblins chapter. Orcs will be needed for negotiations and catering, even if you aren't the battling type of player. :)

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Armory

Bor de Wolf 1965

If memory serves right, they made every quest that required building that make soldiers or to make soldiers skippable.
But an armory by it self doesn't make a soldier but it will make orcs needed for negotiations at level 20 and up or building wonders or other buildings. And you do need those little green men from chapter 8.