• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Decline or Skip a quest

• Thread starter Deleted User - 56274
  • Start date

If you were able to decline a quest for an event, how do you want it to be offset

• I do not want quests to be declineable

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Sleep timer based on chapter/median time - Option 1

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Reduced event currency granted by quests - Option 2

• Other - please respond in thread

• No Penalty - only once per day.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No Penalty - ? times based on chapter maximum for event

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted User - 56274

With the new format of the summer mermaids event, daily quests have been eliminated and now it is a random queue of quests. While I understand there is concern about such a thing making events to easy, I also have concerns about players being completely blocked or draining their resources (or over-scouting/completing provinces). Events are quite frequent so this is a snowballing concern.

Option 1) The new quest is on cooldown for the median time based on what chapter the player is in. So for a player in chapter 1 skipping a scout 1 province quest, the cooldown is 15 minute, for a player in chapter 6 the cooldown is 14 hours. I would prefer to see this have a maximum cooldown of 48 hours (the 2-day build quests) though I know upper chapter players may have scouting times in excess of 60 hours. The cooldown timer might be able to be shortened with diamonds.
Option 2) A number of quests are reduced by 10% until the value of the quest skipped is equaled by the reduction so if a 50 currency quest is skipped and the next 10 quests are 50 currency points they are all reduced by 5 points and the 11th is worth full value again.

Right now, the currency granted by the quests isn't dictated by the time/effort it takes to complete a quest - https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/

UlyssesBlue

I like the idea of being able to skip quests without penalty, but having some sort of cap on how much this can be done, e.g. once per day, or perhaps no more than X number of times over the course of the event. The latter option would mean people would be naturally conservative about which quests they skipped, and would save it just for the unreasonably hard ones.

Deleted User - 56274

Thanks UlyssesBlue, I have added your suggestion into the poll.

DeletedUser2988

Thank you so much for this idea. I just posted in Questions and Help about not being able to continue in the Summer Mermaid Event because my city is too small and I do not have access to Ancient Wonders! This would be the perfect solution.

DeletedUser2988

I voted "other." I think being able to decline one a day may be too many. Perhaps a limited number based on your Chapter.

Would the declined quests rotate throughout the event showing up again as the "last" quest is finished, or would they just disappear?

Deleted User - 56274

Hi Mrietha, I've updated the poll to include your suggestion.

I think how the quests rotate would depend on how they actually are handled in the event. Are there a certain # of the Buy KP quests (or other flavors that should be very limited due to resource costs) or is it completely random and if you are very unlucky you may actually get 10 of the Complete 2 province quests. I haven't seen that occur and I think it would be noted in the discussion thread if it had.

My thought is whether that quest is 'slept' or suppressed would be a workable solution.

DeletedUser332

I think it'd be simplest to implement in a way that doesn't involve new, event-specific conditions like chapter-based timers or subsequent reward reductions. Even a cooldown timer might be asking too much, but it seems the most reasonable way to see something like this added to the game as obviously with no penalty all of the difficult quests would just be skipped immediately.

UlyssesBlue

I voted "other." I think being able to decline one a day may be too many. Perhaps a limited number based on your Chapter.

Would the declined quests rotate throughout the event showing up again as the "last" quest is finished, or would they just disappear?

Yeah, I'm thinking once per day might actually be a bit too frequent, but a system where it's only so many allowed skips for a certain time period would work. Not sure it needs to be chapter dependent. It could be something like 1 skip per 3 days, or 10 skips over the course of the event, or something else perhaps. Not sure what would be reasonable.

Having the skipped quests sleep for a while rather than vanish entirely could be a reasonable option as well. If someone with 60 hour scout times got a quest to scout a province when they didn't have an active scout, then that is something they'd want to skip, but if they got that quest several days later when the scout is 10 hours from being complete, then that's much more viable, so it's not necessarily a quest someone would always want to skip, so sleeping makes more sense.

I've left my vote as 'other' since I don't think the added options quite reflect what I am suggesting, and it also doesn't let me vote for multiple options.

Heymrdiedier

maybe you should ask about this in the next QA session. then you can get a straight answer from innogames directly.

I think this is a big: we won't even consider this. Just like rotating buildings and putting buildings back in the inventory.
Altho the back to inventory i havent given up on yet, since its possible in FoE and is the logical next step of RR spell

Deleted User - 56274

I updated so you can vote multiple times. I think it is less of a game changing ask than rotating or putting buildings back into the inventory. The fact that you can decline and cycle through chapter quests means that the functionality exists. It is more a question of intent. In a sense, when there was only a certain number of quests, advocating to be able to skip the event quests and lose that currency was easier. With the theoretically endless quest list, there needs to be a balance so that players aren't easily able to reach 10 evolutions or a full set as IG is in the business of making money. However, being stuck on a quest or having to choose between your game progress and the event, I feel helps lead to event burnout and frustration rather than excitement.

I, personally do not ever foresee attending a QA session with IG.

Marindor

Since we need a worked out proposal to be able to process it correctly, please based on the outcome of your own poll create a new thread with a clear, worked out idea so we can add a correct poll to that. I'll archive this thread now and we will continue in the new one :)