• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Debuffs visual icons on the battlefield behaviour

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.21.8-(08b2a57) (2017-01-19 13:33)
Game world: Beta1
Browser + version: Firefox 50.1.0
Flash Player version: 24.0.0.194
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:
Right now icons for debuffs on the battlefield not working properly at all.
Few scenarios:
1. 1st unit apply debuff = icon appear, 2nd unit apply debuff on the same target = icon disappear
2. units on the battlefield shows debuff when they have none
3. unit on the battlefield and that same unit on the bottom bar shows different icons (1 has, second has not)
4. unit which should apply debuff is not applying it
5. debuff randomly disappear
6. i am sure i forgot some scenario, but all of this are on video

All this bugs have same source i guess thats why i made 1 bug report
It appears to me its only visual bug and numbers should be correct, but i didnt double checked that

Expected situation:
I hope that debuff icons on the battlefield will get overhaul soon, they barely worked properly last year.

It should work properly and show debuffs when there is one and not show debuff when there is none.

Reproduction Steps :
1. Check videos

Its harder to write down all reproduction steps since it does not show correctly, but watching videos and writing down what should happen could work.

same videos as before

Last edited:

DeletedUser1771

Wow Dony, thank you for videos. I had a feeling that something is going wrong in battles, while i was trying to catch that 'wrong unit turn' issue you said it is not fixed this evening. I'm elf too so I know all those debuffs, and you are right. I will put this to investigation for now, cause I'm too sleepy right now :D. Tomorrow I will take care of this.

Horanda

Had occasion to test this out a bit, with a possible result.
Combat: 2 Mage squads (Bud Sorcs for me) versus 2 HM Squads (Knights in my experiments)
Round 1: Movement only, no-one in range.
Round 2: MageA and MageB both hit HMA, 2 round debuff applied. HMA hits MageA, HMB still out of range.
Round 3: MageA Hits HMB, 2 round debuff applied; MageB Hits HMA, killing the final members. HMB hits MageA
Between rounds: System feels debuff applied in round 2 is now due to expire so expires the debuff applied to HMB.

This only appears to happen when there are multiple opponents of the same type. Debuffs seem to last if unit types are different.
I hope this helps the investigation.

DeletedUser1771

Still can't find reproduction steps :(. So, we will leave this job to devs to finish it :D.

DeletedUser1771

Well, we (QA team) are still searching for some logic in this behavior, so...we need more time. :(

DeletedUser1771

And we need more data for fixing. But, still couldn't find reproduction steps :(. And I didn't see strange behavior in debuffs recently, so I'll have to move this to archive as 'cannot reproduce'. I know that it might sound crazy, but without reproduction steps which will trigger this issue we can't do much. Well, we can wait and monitor debuff's behavior, and I will continue with that.