• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dawn of the Phoenix

Muhakl

Seconding @Shinara: it's impossible for beginners to complete those quests with spell fragments. Without spire, without any goods to disenchant.
And don't tell me, that beginners must not expect to complete all those quests .... doesn't inno want new players in this game?
Is it really helpful to frustrate a beginner with unfulfillable quests?

Karvest

Just placed phoenix and gathered actual stats for 45 provinces. Overall I got 14.8489% of losses revived. It's going down slowly while progressing through provinces, after province 30 it was 17.8172%, but resulting revived units amount for province 45 is more than twice bigger.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Just placed phoenix and gathered actual stats for 45 provinces. Overall I got 14,8489% of losses revived. It's going down slowly while progressing through provinces, after province 30 it was 17,8172%, but resulting revived units amount for province 45 is more than twice bigger.

You are going to confuse non-Europeans with that because we use the decimal in the same way you are using the comma. lol

Killy

Maximum would be 100%, how can one be confused?^^

@Karvest Can you tell me what hp boost etc. your troops have in your testrun?

Bor de Wolf 1965

That's much more than the same pet food spent on brown bear can give me.
Last time I used 1 pet food on the brown bear (stage 10) I got a huge amount of troops out of my Barracks and other buildings.
I just keep asking for the soldiers I want and use some time boosters.
That way you can get 100 troops of all the soldier types you can make in a very short period.
To me, that is the best way to use the brown bear.
Just feed it once and then speed up the production.

O, my troop size is 7674 and my production size is 14962, so if I feed my brown bear I will have one hundred squads of any troops in no time and still some spare time to get some extra's as well.

Karvest

Can you tell me what hp boost etc. your troops have in your testrun?
Units Health: +155,00%
Light melee: +100,0%
Light ranged: +390,0%
Mages: +140,00%
Heavy melee: +124,00%
Heavy ranged: +140,0%

@Bor de Wolf 1965
I'm talking about additional feeding. Not about using time boosters under fed bears effect, which is limited by amount of time boosters and not by amount of pet food you can get on a regular basis.

Troop size (squad size shown in barracks, if I understand you correctly) doesn't matter. The key is production speed and how many hours of production you can stockpile in all your barracks before feeding the bear.
For me one fed brown bear gives a bit less than 46 base size units (rangers etc) per minute for MC and Barracks. Full queue is ~28hours. I have no production speed boost for TG as I barely use units produced there, but let's say it has same speed for simplicity (If i count production speed more precisely it would be cut by ~1/6). With that data max I can get from spending 1 more pet food on brown bear is 46units_per_minute*60minutes*(28h+12h)*3different_barracks=331200 units. Using that pet food on phoenix instead I got 340507 base size units revived after finishing province 35. For the whole 45 provinces phoenix recovered 586251 units - x2 times more than I can get from feeding bear. The farther you go in tournament - the more profit twilight phoenix has over brown bear.
+ Feeding brown bear gives you more of both useful units and not-so-good ones, while feeding phoenix gives you exact that troops which you've used in actual fights.

Last edited:

Kubatura

Edit, Syre:
"From Jackluyt: This is our event note: https://tinyurl.com/2p9dbfb9
You can share with friends who are not playing the beta. This file does not require Facebook or any other special program; you can view it on any PC.

From Kubatura: thank you, this is very valuable for living worlds"
(English only on the Beta Forum, please :))

Это наша заметка о мероприятии: https://tinyurl.com/2p9dbfb9

Вы можете поделиться с друзьями, которые не играют в бета-версию. Для этого файла не нужен Facebook или какая-либо другая специальная программа; вы можете просмотреть его на любом ПК.

[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
спасибо, это очень ценно для живых миров

Last edited by a moderator:

Shereana

Just placed phoenix and gathered actual stats for 45 provinces. Overall I got 14.8489% of losses revived. It's going down slowly while progressing through provinces, after province 30 it was 17.8172%, but resulting revived units amount for province 45 is more than twice bigger.
Are this numbers for just 1 phoenix?
Since for 1 phoenix we have 5% and 5 slots in fighting, that gives 25% revived maximum; I do not see how one can achieve double for province 45 (both ~15% and ~18% doubled give more then 25%). Or how was it calculated?

maxiqbert

Are this numbers for just 1 phoenix?
Since for 1 phoenix we have 5% and 5 slots in fighting, that gives 25% revived maximum; I do not see how one can achieve double for province 45 (both ~15% and ~18% doubled give more then 25%). Or how was it calculated?
it's not the % that is twice that, it's the absolute number of troops

Karvest

Yes, that numbers are for 1 stage10 phoenix. I just logged amount of troops at the beginning of every fight, at the end, and how many of them was revived, leveled them to a base troop size and calculated cumulative total for lost and revived units after each province. revived percent is revived/lost, and it's definitely bigger than 5% by design. Not due to 5 slots involved, but due to reviving 5% of full slot when losses are less than 100%.
(example - full slot 1000 units, lost 100 revived 50 => revived/lost = 50%)

edeba

No, it is not possible to put any kp in any AW.
I had reported this problem in January when I was stuck with the same problem and apparently Inno didn't take any action on these kind of problems that players in the first 3 chapters are stuck with during an event.
I checked the quest list and a new player is halted 1/3rd of the way through because of that quest requiring to put kp into another's AW. That's a pretty lean place to halt a new player and they do need the rewards more than any other player. I don't expect a new player should expect to get through, but having to stop at quest 26/75 is pretty lean. You should not expect to finish as a new player, but being able to get through 2/3rds before hitting a wall would be better designed, so the put kp into an AW and spell frag quests without alternate choices should be in the last 1/3rd of the event.

maxiqbert

I checked the quest list and a new player is halted 1/3rd of the way through because of that quest requiring to put kp into another's AW. That's a pretty lean place to halt a new player and they do need the rewards more than any other player. I don't expect a new player should expect to get through, but having to stop at quest 26/75 is pretty lean. You should not expect to finish as a new player, but being able to get through 2/3rds before hitting a wall would be better designed, so the put kp into an AW and spell frag quests without alternate choices should be in the last 1/3rd of the event.
no they don't
no room to place them, and the rewards get obsolete so fast it's ridiculous

edeba

no they don't
But there is a range of prizes, things to help with supplies and coin like spells and instants, and military... And the obsolete rewards can be converted to spell fragments.

Enevhar Aldarion

It is trivial for a new city started on the first day of an event to get halfway through chapter 2 research and unlock the first AWs by the time the event is half way over. If someone is playing so casually that they cannot do that, then they are probably too casual of a player to care about the event.

Bor de Wolf 1965

no they don't
personally I don't agree with this.
I managed to get the full forbidden ruins set and I know, it will take a lot but I will upgrade it to max level for it is a very good set.
Not as good as the carnival set I got in 2019 on a life server on my main account but also that took 3 years to get to level 19.
And for some bonus buildings, yes I know to much so I know what is a great building to keep.
But it is to us more experienced players to help the newer players with advice of what is good and what they should avoid with certain play styles.
And that includes also the less useful items and what to do with them.

CrazyWizard

personally I don't agree with this.
I managed to get the full forbidden ruins set and I know, it will take a lot but I will upgrade it to max level for it is a very good set.
Not as good as the carnival set I got in 2019 on a life server on my main account but also that took 3 years to get to level 19.
And for some bonus buildings, yes I know to much so I know what is a great building to keep.
But it is to us more experienced players to help the newer players with advice of what is good and what they should avoid with certain play styles.
And that includes also the less useful items and what to do with them.
You can all find exeptions. but in general new players all buildings become obsolete as they can blink an eye.
Most beginners do not get any RRS or very few/little of them.

For 99.999% of the new players trashing those buildings is the best and only option.
That rare oddball so be it. you cant design a game on oddballs

Heymrdiedier

You can all find exeptions. but in general new players all buildings become obsolete as they can blink an eye.
Most beginners do not get any RRS or very few/little of them.

For 99.999% of the new players trashing those buildings is the best and only option.
That rare oddball so be it. you cant design a game on oddballs
think that's mainly because the latest prizes are only mediocre, and its easy to replace mediocre prizes with new mediocre prizes in the next chapter.

Long ago there were some exceptional prizes that were pretty good, and were worth keeping even for new players for many chapters, but that's all ancient history now.