• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dawn of the Phoenix

DeletedUser3726

Events are not designed for pre chapter 3 accounts?
Within those 3 weeks you are supposed to get past chapter 3, and if we take in account every single player (you do not start the game with access to either tournaments, magic academy, wonders and whatever) then every quest would be the same.
there is also no shame in not being able to finish 76 quests if you start today, next event you'll be more prepared.

The tourney absolutely is accessible to brand new cities (as soon as they join a fs & clear a province) and the MA & wonders are both accessible very early.

The changes required to make events accessible to chapter 2 cities are incredibly minimal - simply modify the amount of spell frags in those quests to be chapter specific. Inno has made such accommodations before like when they change AWKP quests to simply KP quests.
It is not true that events are not meant for tiny cities - if this was the case then why do they make event building that start at ch 1?
Events are very much a staple of the game. They teach new players about dynamics of the game they may not have come across before and offer them a chance to win valuable resources (like the building that my ch 2 city won which gives mages even though I haven't unlocked them yet).

We should be doing as much as we can to encourage new players to keep playing not freezing them out by creating quests they can't complete.

DeletedUser3726

No? The beta server is to find out if things work like intented and not to find out the intention.
You can do both. Have fun, explore the game, its mechanics and resources. I love beta because I can wreck & roll to my hearts desire. I've actually learned a lot by doing that.

Karvest

(like the building that my ch 2 city won which gives mages even though I haven't unlocked them yet)
btw, new Warrior's Plaza would give you money or supplies instead of non-unlocked units. (or corresponding barracks units instead of MC units if you are in chapter with unlocked barracks troops but not MC troops)

DeletedUser3726

btw, new Warrior's Plaza would give you money or supplies instead of non-unlocked units. (or Barracks units instead of MC units)
Voice of the Prophet is currently producing Priests as we speak (I did not breathe the whole time I rushed back to the game to check!)!

Karvest

Warrior's Plaza is newer than Voice of the Prophet and not available in game yet, but that's where dev's thoughts going...

guivou

this building is not very good when compared to an average evolving building : less population, quite same production of good , less kp
and to be usable by a mid level city (without timewarp level 30 ) duration of special effect is far too short ...
comp.JPG

GerdyaanB

Warrior's Plaza is newer than Voice of the Prophet and not available in game yet, but that's where dev's thoughts going...
No? The beta server is to find out if things work like intented and not to find out the intention.
I can conform that replenishment of troops does work....now only at 2 %.....
I agree that 5% is not so much.
However it turns out that the replenishment is done after every stage of the fight so potentially 2 times although second time starting point is lower..

DeletedUser3726

Will it be available for this event? If so, it should have a chance of showing when I spin the daily prize selector right?

Karvest

not sure, may be it is for next event or even for $$$ offers, as it is expiring building.
I just noticed the fact that they don't want to give unresearched troops anymore.

edeba

this building is not very good when compared to an average evolving building : less population, quite same production of good , less kp
and to be usable by a mid level city (without timewarp level 30 ) duration of special effect is far too short ...
View attachment 9961
That doesn't look like the same production of goods to me. The t3 is worth 3768 of the t2 and the second good is more than double. The actual value of the goods is 95% higher. I can't comment on whether that is reasonable for the significantly less population.

Laurelin-Beta

Events are not designed for pre chapter 3 accounts?
If this is a concrete fact, I would have thought that InnoGames would - at the very least - not present the Event interface in any City below Chapter III, and that they would ideally specifically advise new players that they will not (on average) be able to complete Events until they reach Chapter III. But since Events do appear - with no caveats attached - in all Cities, even those which start the game halfway through an Event, I think it is reasonable to conclude that InnoGames, if not some Forum commentators, believe that all Cities are therefore able to take part effectively in Events.

By contrast, for example, it is obvious that the Spire is not intended by InnoGames for pre-Chapter III Cities, since it is not made available to any City below Chapter III - and this is also clearly stated in one of the game's start-up tips, which reads something along the lines of "Reach Chapter III to be able to access the Spire of Eternity" (I can't recall the exact wording).

Furthermore, the majority of mobile games actively encourage even brand-new players to join their (often several, constantly cycling, and/or simultaneous) Events, Leaderboards, and other assorted add-on activities, and in many such games it is actually easier for a new player to complete (or to score well in) in-game Events - even those which are already ongoing when the player joins the game - than it is for mid- or end-game players.

Therefore, I would guess that new players of Elvenar, most of whom are mobile client users, are not at all likely to regard in-game Events as something which they should absolutely not expect to be able to complete - especially since these Events are not only prominently featured on their main City screens (and interstitial loading screens) but also heavily promoted in the Android/iOS game stores - and via the inevitable Social Media platforms as well - each time a new Event begins.

Finally, I'd point out that InnoGames now refers to itself as a 'mobile-first' game developer, so the chances that they do not understand what most mobile gamers are likely to expect are (or at least should be...) pretty low. It is certainly taking Inno quite a long time to realise that almost all new players struggle to keep up with the high demands of some Event Quests, but it seems that they are finally starting to see that those demands are usually too heavy for the large majority of (mostly casual) new players, and to adjust relevant Event Quests accordingly. I think this is a good move.

Within those 3 weeks you are supposed to get past chapter 3 [...]
This is another piece of homespun Forum wisdom which I hear quite often from various players, but have yet to hear from an official InnoGames source. In fact, Elvenar is promoted by Inno as a casual 'play-how-you-please-and-at-your-own-pace' type of game (whether or not this is actually how it works best), and as such, I have never really understood the basis upon which the assertion is made that new players 'should' even reach, let alone exceed, any given Chapter within any particular length of time - or, indeed, at all.

there is also no shame in not being able to finish 76 quests if you start today, next event you'll be more prepared.
This would be a more justifiable attitude if all Event prizes were equal, but since they very much are not (and since a few of them, whether Daily or Grand Prizes, have even turned out to be semi-essential to the game, especially such items as the Fire Phoenix, some of the Sets, and even some of the 'best in class' Daily Buildings), it is cold comfort for those players who happen to be new(ish) to the game when one or more superior Event prizes are offered. Missing out on those (due to unfairly difficult Quests - not lack of player ability) so that one can be 'more prepared' for the next Event - which may well feature a very average set of Daily and/or Grand Prizes instead - seems more than a little unfair to me.

guivou

That doesn't look like the same production of goods to me. The t3 is worth 3768 of the t2 and the second good is more than double. The actual value of the goods is 95% higher. I can't comment on whether that is reasonable for the significantly less population.
not 95% higher because one building is for 24h and the new is for 48h (so globaly same production ) , less pop and less kp ...

edeba

not 95% higher because one building is for 24h and the new is for 48h (so globaly same production ) , less pop and less kp ...
Well, that is crap, You really have to feel the military boost is worth something for that.

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
That has to be an error. We have not had a 48-hour collection evolving building since 2020. @Marindor @SyreArca is this supposed to be correct? If it is, then it is a very big downgrade from more recent buildings.
Yes indeed, this is meant to be a 48 hour production pickup, as it states in the overview of the Twilight Phoenix building.
But of course, this thread is also where you are welcome and encouraged to give your feedback about the buildings, quests and other features. ;)