• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Daily Check in tab or button for fellowship Members

Kaitlynn

Wondering if there could be a daily check in button for all players of a fellowship to click on to indicate that they have been active &/or online every day or when they play. Even possibly the time listed below players name on this tab for when that player last checked in or was online.

With regards to privacy, there could be an opt out button if a player has a problem with their time last online shown, or if the player doesn't want to check in, but then they would not be eligible for the check in prize reward... ??

As a bonus for all members that have checked in daily for a week or 2 weeks for example, the fellowship then can get to claim a reward of some kind, maybe a time instant or kp instant etc.

Maybe a tab could be set up as the Daily Check in where members click they are online & a bar at the top of this tab, would show progress of check ins for the week & reaching the reward for players checking in everyday. for example... 25 players checking in for 7 days = 175 clicks & when reached this amount the reward can be claimed by members...

This would also help the Archmage &/or Mages keep a track of who is active and who is not, and then could remove the inactives when a certain amount of time has passed.

Just my thoughts and possible improvement suggestion to the game. I have been playing for over 5 years, and this would be a great help.

Last edited:

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Unfortunately @Kaitlynn, @SoggyShorts has hit the nail on the head with this.
This is exactly why we do not have anything in game that lets anyone know when a player is logged on or were last logged on, as this is personal privacy and all of the red tape and laws that come with that these days.

Kaitlynn

This is exactly why we do not have anything in game that lets anyone know when a player is logged on or were last logged on, as this is personal privacy and all of the red tape and laws that come with that these days.

What about just a check in button on a tab like mentioned above but without the time factor... ?

Enevhar Aldarion

What about just a check in button on a tab like mentioned above but without the time factor... ?

Every time someone logs into the game, just have a fellowship rule that has them either say hi in the chat or the AM can start a message thread and each player can reply to that when they log in. Chat has a limit of 100 posts, so maybe a monthly message thread would work better for your group.

Also, as The Evenstar said, all this restrictive privacy stuff is because InnoGames is based in the EU - Germany. If they were in the US or Japan, then it would not be as bad and they would be allowed to put a lot of this stuff directly into the game.

SoggyShorts

But you do have it right here, on the Elvenar forums. ;)
privacy.jpg

privacy2.png

SoggyShorts

Forums and games come under different legislation @SoggyShorts, hence my comment was just about the game and not here.
Indeed, but neither the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz nor the GDPR nor any other German law is as strict as some here seem to think.
An online game even if based in Germany can have an "opt-in" feature where players can be informed of their current status without any legal ramifications. I can't find it just now, but this was even debated and settled on the DE forums a while back.

Besides, wouldn't you be in trouble already with the "/who" chat feature which tells you who is online without their consent?

I disagree with your affirmation, because when you type in the chat the command /who you'll see who is logged in.

PrimroseSylvia

Yes, but: once again, logged doesn't mean playing (while I agree that if a player opens the game, it's for playing and not counting how many rainbow unicorns their own :D ), and to see a player online you have to be online at the same time; this could be easy (real life allowing) in our live worlds but here in beta is not, due to players different time zone :)

Turbina

Make it a rule that your fellowship members must give neighborly help every day they log in.

Then you can keep track if people were online within the last 23 hours when giving neighborly help yourself, because helping them einer grants supplies or not.

(And if they come online but refuse to do their neighborly help - would you really call them active?)

The Evenstar

Community Manager
We have put this to our developers again, as you quite correctly say the /who is able to be used by those in the know already.

Tomtimmon

As a programmer myself it shouldn't be too hard to add a column to the fellowship members listing with last login date.