• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Curses

DeletedUser205

Has anybody experience to share, how curses exactly work?
I read the short explanations in wiki, but don't really get the message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello Sorella,
Do you mean the curses by sorceress for example?
If a curse hits one of your troops the next attack on that troop will cause more damage than usual.
I am not sure how long a curse stays on your troop...
Also during the battle you will be able to read what exactly the curse will do.

PS. also read my ingame msg in german ;)

Regards
Cyb

DeletedUser108

Do you mean this(?):
Elvenar_Curses.jpg

So as I see that you are an elv you will have Soceress. Soceress have the Ability "Broken Valor". As you can see, if you attack an enemie with your Soceress the attacked unit will have less attack damage until next round. I guess it would be 50%.

DeletedUser

Thank you Spite!
This might be what Sorella found in wiki I will translate it for her when she returns :)
My only question would still be how long does a curse like this last?
The entire battle or only 1 round?

DeletedUser108

OT: So you are german too? :)
I don't understand the mean of "currend round" either. Since espacially priests and socresses can hit curses, but they have the lowest initative in the game. So it makes no sense to me when it stays only for the current round. (One round is all your units moving/hitting once and all of the enemies moving/hitting once. When your units turn starts again a new round started)

DeletedUser205

Thank you Cybershen and Spite,
till now, I don't have Soceress. But there was an enemie with ability curse in a battle some days ago.
I couldn't really figure out, what happend and now I want to get some more knowledge about the curses.

First problem to me is: translate the wiki-explanations correct (my translator gave up, so I think, there are some mysteric meanings?) I hope, Cyb will give me the best help ingame-mail.

Second problem is a question: Am I right, that the power (messured in points) of curses is random?

Third problem is the same question, Cybershen pointed out: What excactly is the meaning of "round"?

so to say: I'm not quite shure, why there are Curses and they didn't just put more damage in that unit.
I think it is something with: "works sometimes under special terms".
And to understand that context is my desire.

Sorry for my really poor english ;-(

( I just got some spirit: the wiki-explanation is probably mixing curses of my units und curses of enemies? that would solve my translationproblem with "on target" and "of target")

DeletedUser108

My english is poor as well ;)

second: No, its not random. I don't remember who had what effect. But its always something like 50% or 20%.

third:
Elvenar_Round_definition.jpg

So you can see, that the second first round is finish, when all those units did theier turn. After that the second round begins.

DeletedUser

Kinda german thread here :)

You can look up the explicit increasing rate of the curse by opening the unit infoscreen and hovering the curse icon to get the curse tooltip