• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Culture

DeletedUser629

I just play and one thing drive me crazy, i know, if i build better house for my ppl, they will be more happy (culture), BUT, here in game, you ruined their happines (cultures) with every single upgrade of house, i don't know is that have sense. How ppl will be unsatisfied with better home??

When you upgrade your residences you have more people living in it thus requiring more culture to keep them all happy :)

DeletedUser

I've tried to explain the same thing and I believe that now he has better understood the mechanism :)

DeletedUser

finally getting my culture up again... now at 150% with all housing at level 15, perhaps I should have built less, but I love when I can upgrade a building... but 6000 culture per tier... that is a an acrobatic act

DeletedUser1151

I understand mechanics, but becouse that "advance" mechanic i stuck now, with my population and culture, and i have ppl to just upgrade barracks for quest and that is, for some few days or even week or more i will just watch my city and do nothing, no space for more residences, i have 15 residents on max lvl for now and that is not enough..... Nice mechanics.

DeletedUser

Question:
Elves do have the Garden of Harmony with 2100 happiness.
Humans only have a Central Place with 1400 happiness as the biggest culture building.
Both cost no diamonds.
Isn't it a bit unfair that Elves can build a cultural building that has 700 pts. happiness more than the Central Place???

DeletedUser629

Question:
Elves do have the Garden of Harmony with 2100 happiness.
Humans only have a Central Place with 1400 happiness as the biggest culture building.
Both cost no diamonds.
Isn't it a bit unfair that Elves can build a cultural building that has 700 pts. happiness more than the Central Place???

The central place uses 4x5 squares while the garden of harmony uses 5x6, which is bigger than an expansion. Both get 70 culture per used square, so it's absolutely fair :)

DeletedUser778

Not for polishing. To get 4200 culture from polished buildings humans need 3 central places polished, while elves only need 2 gardens polished.
So humans need 50% more visitors polishing for the same result.

DeletedUser629

Maybe humans will get a bigger culture building in the future as well. Overall, looking at all the buildings, i'd say it's pretty even.

DeletedUser

Maybe humans will get a bigger culture building in the future as well. Overall, looking at all the buildings, i'd say it's pretty even.

"Maybe" :(

Not for polishing. To get 4200 culture from polished buildings humans need 3 central places polished, while elves only need 2 gardens polished.
So humans need 50% more visitors polishing for the same result.

That's the point!

DeletedUser338

Then again, if you have less space you might be able to build two 4x5 buildings and not 2 5x6 buildings. There's good things and bad things about everything.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's well balanced. For example: elves houses use less space a.s.o.

But culture is the main problem since humans need more visitors.

DeletedUser778

Residences are well balanced, at least the last time I checked for lvl 15 ones.
Elven residences may be smaller, but therefore they also produce less coins and hold less population. Calculated down to the benefits of one square of a residence they are are around 99% equal ;)

Edit: Maybe the culture disadvantage changed with the new update too.
Since the Wiki is not fully up to date I can only tell that the new high end cultural building for elves is the "Temple of the Holy Fire" (5x5, 2400 culture, 96 culture per square)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

Humans have the same dwarf culture buildings as elves, and i must say, they are all very beautiful.