• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Culture requirements are to high

DeletedUser436

I have bought 7-8 diamond culture buildings plus boats etc and i still barely get over 140% if 3-4 players buff my buildings.

You have to cover 70% of your map with culture buildings + roads to get to 200.

DeletedUser58

I think I wouldn't mind the culture requirements if there were at least some upgrades to the Culture buildings.

At the moment the Elves have one "large" culture building in each age --- in the first age it's a 3x3 one with 250 culture (28 per square), in the second age it's a 4x3 one with 400 culture (33 per square), in the third age it's a 3x3 one with 440 culture (48 per square), etc. While the jump of 15 culture per square is okay in the second case, it happens after a span of 30 researches which is a lot of time and in the first case the increase is just too low, 5 culture per square.

We need either more culture buildings or the ability to upgrade the existing ones. I agree currently we need too much culture with little potential for getting some. While one can still manage their city either way, it's less enjoyable if their city space is eaten up for a single purpose.

DeletedUser

It's purely based on a game where your neighbours are active enough to polish them all. It wouldn't hurt to add some culture buildings that use up less space but give more culture so at least people can maintain 140% or even 170% easier without having to use half of the space they have.

DeletedUser126

+1 I cant even get 120% at my lv and i got 1/3 map full of culture buildings :D

ThaMartin

I agree with ThePantom, exactly how I feel about it. Upgrading the cultural buildings would indeed be a nice improvement :)

DeletedUser118

Upgrading these buildings would definitely be a plus in this game. They really eat up alot of space if you wanna keep your cultural bonus up on a good level.

DeletedUser136

You have to cover 70% of your map with culture buildings + roads to get to 200
I manage to keep 200% without anyone polishing me and I seem to do OK in the game (but it did cost diamonds to do it)... I just decided from the beginning I would rather have 10 houses and 5 supply buildings at 200% instead of 20 houses and 10 supply buildings at 100%. Half the space, equal production for now. Once the game picks up I'll add more and I wont need to wait for the coins or supplies to do it, and I should get a good score boost from adding and upgrading them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser326

It's purely based on a game where your neighbours are active enough to polish them all. It wouldn't hurt to add some culture buildings that use up less space but give more culture so at least people can maintain 140% or even 170% easier without having to use half of the space they have.
Its NOT based on your neighbourhood. As i mentioned in another thread even the 8 hour polishing time is much too short to be effective.
Mostly you get nothing from polishing in my and many other cases because the whole polishing time is wasted while you are at work or something. First and foremost we Need the 12 hours polishing like FoE has.

Take as example that you have 50 active neighbours who has discovered you. The first 5 polishing all your buildings (only fictive number) and the remaining 45 visiting you while the polish is active and then don't have time to visit you again this day. So you get in worst case 8 hours polishing shortly after going to work and you have nothing left of this when you come back.

As an example from FoE. I have an really active guild and neighbourhood there. I usually get 100+ polishes and motivations per day. And at least 3 days a week its NOT enough to cover my "cultural" Needs.

Upgrading cultural buildings would be a huge contra for Inno Money wise - especially when you could upgrade Diamond culture for ressources. Thats a massive loss for them because you will skip 2-3 tiers of Diamond culture before buying new ones.

The cultural Need are definately much too high atm. And thats even in my Progress Level. I mostly Need one new holy Codex for one Major building upgrade (Main Hall / Barracks etc.).

DeletedUser119

Hi,
Culture requirement is definitely too high.

In this thread : http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/4396-requiered-culture-inconsistent.309/
Muf-Muf has confirmed there was some problems with the calculation of culture.
Let's hope it'll be easier to get culture bonus when this will be fix.

I'm currently at 100% even though I'm adding a Spot of whispering trees at every new city expension that I get.
To be able to keep a 140% bonus by myself, I need 14 Spot of Whispering so 1/3 of my city
To be able to keep a 200% bonus by myself, I need 26 Spot of Whispering so half of my city...
It's definitely way too much.

Everything that could increase our income of culture (new building, being able to upgrade cultural building) would be very welcome

DeletedUser231

This game is bound to change over time. Hence the BETA. Game mechanics will certainly be fine tuned.

DeletedUser231

I have bought 7-8 diamond culture buildings plus boats etc and i still barely get over 140% if 3-4 players buff my buildings.

You have to cover 70% of your map with culture buildings + roads to get to 200.

I am almost always at 200% with the help of my friends and cultural buildings.

DeletedUser126

I am almost always at 200% with the help of my friends and cultural buildings.

I was like that early on as well, it gets a lot harder to do later on, i barely can get 120% now and i have a lot of culture buildings, inc diamond ones.

DeletedUser58

Second what Khebeln said, because as you advance even your residential houses eat up a lot of culture with each upgrade, there's basically nothing that doesn't require a good chunk of culture. I'm just at 120% now with help from others, but Khebeln's still ahead with buildings so he could easily be cemented at 100% with his requirements.

DeletedUser231

How many players visiting and bumping your cultural buildings would you all need to reach 200%?

DeletedUser231

I was like that early on as well, it gets a lot harder to do later on, i barely can get 120% now and i have a lot of culture buildings, inc diamond ones.

I guess it is a good thing it does not fall below 100%...:p

DeletedUser58

I haven't reached 200% since very early in the game, as soon as I progressed a bit ahead I dropped down to 170% and I've just kept falling behind.

Currently, with some renovations today, I am providing 5735 culture of my own and with that I'm at the 100% level. If two players polish my buildings (+800 culture), I enter the 120% level. That's the case as I'm writing this. I would need 3 more polishes (I need +1035 more but 3 polishes would get me +1200) to put me in the 140% level. However, I only get like 4-5 polishes at most per day and they're spread out so if I'm lucky I'll just be at 120% for 2/3rds of the day.

DeletedUser231

I haven't reached 200% since very early in the game, as soon as I progressed a bit ahead I dropped down to 170% and I've just kept falling behind.

Currently, with some renovations today, I am providing 5735 culture of my own and with that I'm at the 100% level. If two players polish my buildings (+800 culture), I enter the 120% level. That's the case as I'm writing this. I would need 3 more polishes (I need +1035 more but 3 polishes would get me +1200) to put me in the 140% level. However, I only get like 4-5 polishes at most per day and they're spread out so if I'm lucky I'll just be at 120% for 2/3rds of the day.

I sent out a mail to all players around me asking them to polish my buildings. I did not get any replies but my polishing went way up.

Maybe try the same and ask all players surrounding your village to polish your silverware..:p

It can't hurt and only takes a few mails...:)

DeletedUser326

I only get like 4-5 polishes at most per day and they're spread out so if I'm lucky I'll just be at 120% for 2/3rds of the day.
Thats the issue i always mention that polishing time is a way too short. It Needs to be 12 hours OR extendable by polishing the same building twice.
For now i have hope since they are working on guilds so active Players can round up and you have not to discover eachother to Support your guildmates or to invite them.

For now polishing is useless for me because i only get 2-5 per day so that mostly only 2 buildings are polished at a time to get the 200% and thats in 99% of the cases for 10-30 minutes AND when i'm at work ;)

And RugBug - i can see veeeery much bling bling in your City ;) With that much of Money invested it surely shouldn't be THAT much of a Problem to reach ant stay at Minimum 170%