• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Creating several offers

DeletedUser1677

I was creating a lot of offers at the wholesaler.
I make them for example: 2000 marple for 2000 steel, and then a lot of them.
Not everybody can afford 20.000 for 20.000, and maybe they just need the 2000 trade.

So I got an idea: instead of clicking "confirm" "ok" like 20 times, could'nt you make a function, were you can choose to put up x20 of that offer? (With a limit ofcourse)

DeletedUser867

To take the concept even further, I'd like to be able to allow partial purchases.
  • I'd post a LARGE position, say 20,000 Steel for 20,000 Planks, and indicate that I'll accept partial purchases.
  • You only need 1000 Planks, so you buy a partial lot.
  • My posted trade would now, automatically, be 19,000 Steel for 19,000 Planks.
This would be far more efficient from both a programming point of view, and from a user convenience point of view.
  • There would be FEWER trade offers, as there would be no need to offer multiple identical trades
    just to get them small enough for beginning players
  • The database, the data transfers, and the trade list would all be proportionately smaller.

DeletedUser1677

Katwijk:
And ppl who trades 5000 planks for 4000 steel? How should that be done with partial accepts? :)
(But I like your idea)

DeletedUser867

And ppl who trades 5000 planks for 4000 steel? How should that be done with partial accepts?
Just maintain the same ratio as the posted trade, rounded down to whole units.

If you're offering 3000 Steel for 2000 Lumber a partial purchase of
301 Steel would be rounded down to 300 Steel for 200 Lumber.

DeletedUser1677

Let's hope that the developers likes the ideas, and will make a change, so we don't have to click that much :p

They changed the wholesaler because they wanted us to trade more with players. Well, this change in the trading offers, will make me create more offers :D