• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

edeba

I think that will depend on frequency of the military boosts for the tourney. They expire and are not easy to get and will be a continuous draw for some players, although the magnificient mage multiplier would not be draw for me.

when i first read the word crafting (without reading the whole description) i kinda assumed we would be making something to increase the stats of our current buildings. like you could craft a 'mana producing star' that if applied to 1 mana producing building, it increases the output of mana of that building by 10% (or it increase duration of its production, etc.... possibilities enough).
I didnt expect it to be making something that i allready have or already can get quite easily.
Since it doesnt have an unique thing (well maybe the magnificient mage multiplier etc from now on) i dont think the crafting will be popular very long.
But that of course is just my point of view :)

SoggyShorts

lucky you, i hope that this doesnt mean you wont see it again for a whole year now... :) i only had A vallor show up so far and crafted it straight away. i had enough CC for it since ive been making those 24/7 (with a lvl 2 academy) and nothing popped up that was really good so far.
Yeah I figure everything should show up about once a week.
  • Assume 100 recipes
  • You see 5 at a time making it a 1 in 20 chance
  • The recipes change 21 times per week
Of course, 5x VV in a week is like 0x VV in months, so I guess we can expect some pretty wild swings from "normal"

DeletedUser724

Easy for someone in a 10 chest-every-week FS to say :rolleyes:
You want them in just chest 8&10
@conqueror9 wants them in just chests 1-6

Can you guess what the fair answer probably is?

This I like. Right now the 3rd star on 10+ gives relics and a rune. I'd trade that rune on #10,20 &30 for a CC

I craft 1 building, it need 9 CC as i remember
I feel CC is not sufficient
now i prefer every chest give 2 CC in additional to existing reward
or MA self-produce CC at every 8 hour

that is my latest requests

SoggyShorts

I craft 1 building, it need 9 CC as i remember
I feel CC is not sufficient
now i prefer every chest give 2 CC in additional to existing reward
or MA self-produce CC at every 8 hour

that is my latest requests
I can't even tell if you are joking.
If not, then you are incredibly greedy.
It's called "crafting" not "give me 2 free buildings every week for nothing"

Last edited:

DeletedUser2579

Lots of negativity on this thread. Personally, I LOVE Crafting. I've got WAY too many of all spells, it's nice that Magic Academy will be devoted to something else, and that I can use those excess spells for something. In my main world Sorcerer city, I've got 180 Ensorcelled Endowments I will likely never use, as I don't need Culture, not even a little.
How do you get away with no culture?

DeletedUser2579

It's not that there aren't gimmy's, it's the lack of selection that bothers me. Yeah, it is good that there is something else in the Magic Academy, but if we could always choose from every option I'd sure use it more. Then our creators could see what we think is valuable and work out a running balance. As it is, I tried it and quit thinking about it when the shard option disappeared and I realized I needed to wait for that option to come up again.

DeletedUser2194

How do you get away with no culture?
Sorry, I meant 'excess' Culture. I have plenty at the time being, and the events will keep me afloat so long I'll never be in want of it. It doesn't leave me with excess, but I'll have that as soon as I enter Woodelves in a few months.

DeletedUser2579

Thanks!

So, will crafting ever make Relics, filling in our needs to level an Ancient Wonder?

I would have used the Symbol floating over our Ancient Wonders if it were listed in the Elvenar smiles.

DeletedUser2194

I think you're confusing Relics with Runes. Runes are what you use to fill out the wheel in the Ancient Wonder, Relics are the things you get in provinces and you use in the Magic Academy. So far as I know, you cannot yet craft Runes. Broken Shards are on the table, however.

SoggyShorts

I sincerely hope that they don't add runes to the recipe list as having 24 of those taking up slots where we could have a useful recipe would suck

edeba

Yes, I am already finding the rotation very disappointing. There is way, way, way to much rotation for things like supply instant, PoP, EE spells. relics... And seriously, the spells being in the crafting is seriously dumb. We have to give up a spot in the MA to craft the catalyst and are likely to be using excess spells to craft... The spells should be removed from the line up, and replace it with offers for two each of expiring military buildings. That would improve the line up considerably. I've only seen the expiring military buildings once and we've had this feature a long time.

I sincerely hope that they don't add runes to the recipe list as having 24 of those taking up slots where we could have a useful recipe would suck

DeletedUser2579

I think you're confusing Relics with Runes. Runes are what you use to fill out the wheel in the Ancient Wonder, Relics are the things you get in provinces and you use in the Magic Academy. So far as I know, you cannot yet craft Runes. Broken Shards are on the table, however.
Relics are those things needed to build wonders once you have the knowledge and the ruins (every 5 levels).

Someone had the knowledge not the relics, so he couldn't level the wonder.

SoggyShorts

Relics are those things needed to build wonders once you have the knowledge and the ruins (every 5 levels).

Someone had the knowledge not the relics, so he couldn't level the wonder.
Ah good catch I'm sure a lot of advanced players forget that leveling a wonder even costs relics since it is such a small number.

DeletedUser2194

True... UNLESS they could configure a way so that the only Runes that popped up were ones in wheels you didn't have filled. The loophole to this was if you had half filled Rune wheels for Ancient Wonders you never wanted... But I doubt they'd manage that anyhow. Maybe just Runes for your current chapter?

Ah, right, I did misunderstand. I have had to scan provinces for relics, my Sinya city runs into the relic road block a few times.

edeba

I suggest the addition of 4 triple expiring military buildings recipes:
  • 3 Enlightened Light Range
  • 3 Magnificient Mage Multiplier
  • 3 Unleashed Unit Upgrade
  • 1 each of Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier and Unleashed Unit Upgrade.
I also suggest the removal of recipes to craft spells and reduction in the highly repetitive coin, supply, and kp instants to this:
  • Supply, 5%, 15% and 33%
  • Coin, 5%, 15% and 33%
  • KP instants 5kp, 10kp, and 20kp
  • KP 3, 6, and 10
I personally would not make the time reductions, but I think these are ok, as well as the portal profits, and broken shards. All enchantment recipes need to go.

This suggestion would eliminate about 18 useless recipes (I do not know if I have an accurate list for counting) and add 4 game enhancing recipes.

Last edited:

Arayla

What happens if you accumulate 100 vapor and don't collect the mystical object before getting more vapor? Does it max out at 100?