• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Constructs

DeletedUser1953

Is the problem from Halfeling/Sorcerer where the price of catering (tournament) raise more than the production is solved ? Does someone finish a tech (squad size) and checks if catering cost raises (and how much) ?

It seems that for military part, they add an new AW to compensate the raise of the squad (but this takes place too ^^) ! There is an update of training ground, but it was only to put at the same level as the 2 others !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

Happily we had a barrack update with Amuni, it was insane at elemental, lower player are better in tournament than end player !
It is absurd than tournament are easier in sylvan/begin sorcerer than later (with the same AW's level) and i do not calculate if area before can be better, because we do not have the formula to calculate catering cost ! (and there are other variables: unit upgrade, number of province, ...). Some player at area IV can do 5K tournament every week !

But i think this discussion is for another thread, thus does Inno resolve the tournament problem with the new race ?

Edit for Syonis (to not flood with this discussion) : Armories are mainly for the score, the impact on the tournament is low, you can build another armory or raise AWs. Even badder, the armory level 31 is more efficient than level 33 if you take into account the pop/culture needed (it is the first time htat happens !) (in point of view for squad size; not taken the mushroom AW, even in this case, higher level are badder than more with level-2); for the score, 33 is better).

DeletedUser2576

ODD: Barracks and Mercenary Camp
Even: Training Grounds and Armories

However, we normally get 4 new levels each but this time there are only 2 levels for armories :(

DeletedUser240

Again no variation , every new race the same, just more goods needed and more space because buildings and portals are bigger.
And two new wonders yeah they are good but gess what , like always at the end of the tech so no use during this race.
No wonder many players quit the game because they are bored.

DeletedUser2576

Again no variation , every new race the same, just more goods needed and more space because buildings and portals are bigger.
Do your math before ranting, they need less space than amuni and elementals.

CrazyWizard

And two new wonders yeah they are good but gess what , like always at the end of the tech so no use during this race.
No wonder many players quit the game because they are bored.

What did you expect?
That you need to install a webcam and dance the yippikayee? for every perfect move you get 1 guest race point which can be spend to design your own buildings?

We have seen quite some changes with both mana and seeds in the past chapters. of course you need to gather recources in a "building game" or most other games as well.

CrazyWizard

For that said, I would love to see a "component building" where there is a base and you could decide each of the consecutive layers. creating a unique look and ability('s) for that building, that would be an amazing wonder.

DeletedUser2576

For that said, I would love to see a "component building" where there is a base and you could decide each of the consecutive layers. creating a unique look and ability('s) for that building, that would be an amazing wonder.
I like that as well. For instance just add another Upgrade Tab and you can choose which one you want.

DeletedUser240

Do your math before ranting, they need less space than amuni and elementals

???? most amuni were 5x5 this time it's mostly 7x4 and 6x4 and must be connected to main portal ????

What did you expect?
That you need to install a webcam and dance the yippikayee? for every perfect move you get 1 guest race point which can be spend to design your own buildings?

Can you be more stupid in your reply??? When i say no variation i mean also the battles , nothing ever changed the only thing is upgrade armory and fight against a bigger army.
And you call less or more mana or seeds a variation ??? whahahahaha

slide

Actually, the amount of space needed (taken from ElvenGems) is:

"The full settlement size then will come to 464 tiles / 18.6 Expansions, making it similar in size or smaller than recent chapters.

• Amuni: 472 tiles / 18.9 expansions for full settlement based on quest requirements
  • Elementals: 456 tiles / 18.3 expansions for full settlement based on quest requirements"
https://elvengems.com/constructs-preview/

I think that most people knew what would be coming in this update, not a completely reprogrammed chapter which was totally different in all aspects, but rather a rehashing of the same as we've had in all previous chapters.

Maybe they'll do something different for the next chapter, but I wouldn't bet on it.

DeletedUser240

That is exactly what i mean , for several chapters no new aspect, but maybe some people consider gathering mana or seeds a new aspect haha.
Same counts for battles.

CrazyWizard

Actually, the amount of space needed (taken from ElvenGems) is:

"The full settlement size then will come to 464 tiles / 18.6 Expansions, making it similar in size or smaller than recent chapters.

• Amuni: 472 tiles / 18.9 expansions for full settlement based on quest requirements
  • Elementals: 456 tiles / 18.3 expansions for full settlement based on quest requirements"
https://elvengems.com/constructs-preview/

I think that most people knew what would be coming in this update, not a completely reprogrammed chapter which was totally different in all aspects, but rather a rehashing of the same as we've had in all previous chapters.

Maybe they'll do something different for the next chapter, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Why not?

That is exactly what i mean , for several chapters no new aspect, but maybe some people consider gathering mana or seeds a new aspect haha.
Same counts for battles.
-Woodelves: Mana, we needed to balance our culture with good culture buildings or lesser culture buidings that create mana and require a road connection
-Halflings: Seeds, We needed to rethink the way we rush trough chapters as now players also need to invest in wonders, without wonders there is no decent source of seeds and without a decent source of seeds you're easily stuck
-Elementals: Spiritual goods, we now could no longer survive on solely our boosted factories, we also needed factories of a non boosted kind to create spiritual goods.
-Next chapter: it still sounds weird something new will pop up?

As for battles, each time new units are unlocked in the research tree new (stronger) enemies get unlocked on the world map en tournament battles.
And each chapter we get about 3 "improved" units.
What else would you expect, new unit production buildings? completly redesigned combat structures? the first will create another huge whine from the current playerbase similar to when we migrated from barracks only to 3 buildings. the second doesnt make much sense to be "chapter related" if they decide to do that once again it will be a a standalone upgrade.

Oh and these days we got a constant supply of combat buildings we can strategically put into our cities to play with our armies power.

So I really dont understand all the whining.

Last edited:

DeletedUser240

Blablabla , yes new goods but at the end it's always the same, and the new armies that you say stronger ??? forget it.
But if you are satisfied no problem, i guess you never played forge of empires hahaha.

Deleted User - 60107

Well, how about we look at what each chapter brought, shall we?

Dwarves – the first guest race and pretty easy, just slow (especially at first, due to the Granite mine's production)

Fairies – the second guest race, and the first where their buildings were connected to each other – you needed stuff from Day Farm for some Night Farm productions, and stuff from the Night Farm for some Day Farm productions. You also needed to upgrade your portal before you could even store your capped resources

Orcs – a very slow chapter, unless you dedicated a lot of space to Mushroom Farms and Rally Points. Introduces the Orcs – a new resource that is needed for upgrading workshops, for negotiation/catering, and for training two new units. Also has the most useless Culture building – the Campfire BBQ. It is at the end of chapter and is quickly made obsolete by the Weeping Willow

Woodelves – they introduced Mana (the first decaying resource) and Culture buildings that require a road connection. This is also when the new city street we research stops costing any guest race resources and instead costs only Coins, Supplies, and Mana. And this is also the chapter when Main Hall upgrades start requiring Mana

Sorcerers and Dragons – the main challenge here was space, due to the lack of streets and the size of guest race buildings. The chapter also required a lot of Mana and you needed to put some thought when deciding what to produce and when

Halflings – this chapter introduces Divine Seeds (the second decaying resource) and the first Trader upgrade. It also encourages people to go and scout as much as possible, because more completed provinces means more Seeds (and also improves the effect of a number of AWs). Rather slow-going at times

Elementals – the second Trader upgrade and the first Sentient Goods. The Canals were a bit different from the usual guest race roads, as they had fixed shapes and were producing a settlement resource

Amuni – the challenge here was reorganizing your city because Goldsmiths had to be next to residences and Trap Makers had to be next to Workshops. It also puts an extra limitation on what you can build by using Prestige to limit the number of Goldsmiths and Trap Makers. If you followed the story quests you didn't get much of a choice, as you needed 8 Goldsmiths and 4 Trap Makers, each at level 4 – and that is the exact max allowed by the max Prestige you could have. It could be a bit slow-going at times. Oh, and more Sentient Goods and another Trader upgrade

Constructs – yet more Sentient Goods and another Trader upgrade (seems to be the last one for a while). The settlement buildings are a set, so you can improve the production of certain goods by rearranging your buildings. Not sure what else they add

As for the units, all I can say is: We're almost out of units to upgrade. Next chapter we should get the Ranger, Valorian Guard and Frog upgrades. What then? With all units having reached 3 stars where do we go?

DeletedUser1657

But if you are satisfied no problem, i guess you never played forge of empires hahaha.
I know a number of people who play this game who played FoE, they play this because it is not FoE.

As for the units, all I can say is: We're almost out of units to upgrade. Next chapter we should get the Ranger, Valorian Guard and Frog upgrades. What then? With all units having reached 3 stars where do we go?

Honestly this and some other aspects are quite exciting about what may come next. I believe all of our factories are now "owned" by a guest race, will we get more guest races? will have to build the last factory type for another new good type? The last few races haven't been guest races as such in terms of rescuing races through a portal, will we see more guest races?

I m looking forward to seen the story of this chapter to see how things are/will develop.

ekarat

It is tricky to come up with new things all the time, and if you deviate too far from the core, you risk losing your most loyal players.

The idea for what was new was sentient goods, with one tier being released per chapter. This chapter completes that.

So, I can surmise that they will find some other new development for the chapter after constructs. They've had a while to think about it (three chapters on one main new concept), so I'm expecting something good.

As for combat, their combat changes have not been well-received, so I wouldn't expect too much there -- people who don't fight won't appreciate the changes. Then again, they will need to introduce something once they've finished giving all the upgrades for all the units.

PS I also help run a guild in Forge of Empires. The two games have different pros and cons, but I think FoE also needs to switch it up a bit too in their next age.

DeletedUser240

Well look at the date i joined , so i guess i'm a loyal player, and as a loyal player it is my right to have my opinion.
I conquered 472 by fighting , not by buying them free for goods and honestely all the 472 are pretty the same fights except with some orc armies in later and that they are bigger