• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Compensation when bugs make it to live

Sir Squirrel

I would like to make a suggestion that I think INNO seriously needs to implement as soon as possible. When bugs make to live (especially ones that cost players resources) I think a pop up or compensation added right into our inventory with a pop up to let us know or other means of delivery, that says sorry for the problems this has caused and a care package of diamonds, instants and pet food, ect. (depending on what players may have lost because of the bug) should be sent to all players to show that INNO really cares about its players. The most negative thing I hear and read about is INNO's lack of communication and how is seems they don't care about the players. I think this would go a very long way in changing this out look and help retain players in the game.

This could (should) also be done in beta to help keep beta players happy and willing to help find and trouble shoot bugs as well, seeing as beta is run almost like live cities (using our own resources), a little care package to help with resources every month or two would go a long way to making us feel like INNO appreciates our help in beta. This might also help to recruit new beta players, as there would be more of an incentive to join beta and help out.

In beta the first one to post a bug report and have it confirmed gets 100 diamonds, but mostly the same players find the bugs or are able to post them first, part of the reason for this is because of the time updates are released as only certain time zones are even awake when updates are released. If everyone in beta got a care package once every month or two this would help every beta player feel like their efforts where not in vain.
The players understand that bugs and problems happen in the game (especially in beta), but when no info or compensation is given it seems like INNO doesn't understand or care about its beta players or its live players (customers).

Pros : Players will feel that INNO understands, cares more about them and will be less upset and frustrated when problems do happen in the game. If a care package was given to Beta players every month or two it wold help retain the Beta players we have and would also help in recruiting new beta players to beta as they would see they were getting something for their time.

Cons : The Dev's will have to figure out the best way to deliver the message and the care package and figure out how much compensation a bug deserves depending on what it may have cost players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Second that!
A compensation on live would be most appreciated, and actually necessary. On beta it is a bit more tricky, since we are testing the game and looking for bugs.

But please please please do not give out the care package through mail. I've been trying to get my Inno mail for over 2 years now. Still no luck, and I've missed out on enough presents already because of it. :(

DeletedUser

Don't they give diamonds for finding valid and confirmed bugs on Beta? I swore I read that somewhere.

DeletedUser

@Alcaro thanks for confirming the diamonds for bugs. But I get what @Sir Squirrel is asking about on live, it was a little confusing about beta. I was affected in the last event on live with the steel factories not counting but it should have been caught here. @Dony is the master bug catcher but those who are in lower chapters should be encouraged more to submit bugs. There is nothing on beta, that says diamonds for bugs. I've listed a few so others could get diamonds for making a bug report but no one did.

DeletedUser

@Alcaro no doubt @Dony is the master. I sit in amazement sometimes wondering how the heck he finds them like he does. Maybe Inno can send out notifications more especially to lower chapters because there is no way dony could have caught that bug it affected a chapter 3 city. or maybe different categories that are specific to a chapter. idk.

Alcaro

Second that!
A compensation on live would be most appreciated, and actually necessary. On beta it is a bit more tricky, since we are testing the game and looking for bugs.

But please please please do not give out the care package through mail. I've been trying to get my Inno mail for over 2 years now. Still no luck, and I've missed out on enough presents already because of it. :(

In a normal world, testers should be compensated ALL OF THEM, for trying to play a game with lots of bugs and issues and trying to figure out what can be done, how can be done. But I also think that the access to Beta should be a bit more restrictive, to meet some conditions in order to get a city there. Beta is just as full with dead players as live servers . My city, at least, has more than half of the NH filled with coin pits. Anyway, the main idea is that Beta players should get something in return for their work, instead they are not even getting the good deals for purchasing diamonds or discounts for expansions like they get in live servers. But isn't such a miracle since we do not live in a normal world. :D:D:D

Sir Squirrel

Second that!

Exactly we are helping INNO test new features, giving feed back and trouble shooting bugs and helping to reproduce them (mostly with our own resources). I for one think that deserves some compensation once in a while! And this could help bring more players to Beta, knowing they will receive something for their time.
I was meaning through in-game messaging not email, sorry Ritsel, but I just remembered that mobile doesn't have that yet ! (Why mobile doesn't have it yet is another question that they cant, won't, answer as well I guess.)
So I guess the only way to send the care packages would be through a popup box, or added right into our inventory with a pop up to let us know. ( I will change the original post to reflect that)
I will try to reword the part about beta players also getting compensation as well to make it easier to understand!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@Sir Squirrel what do you think about making a separate poll to see if there are players willing to sit at different chapters on beta? I would sit at dwarves or fairies to help out catching those chapter specific bugs. You would need to do a poll soon because I was going to trek to fairies very soon and if no one wants to sit at dwarves I'll stay.

Loki Blue

I would like to make a suggestion that I think INNO seriously needs to implement as soon as possible. When bugs make to live (especially ones that cost players resources) I think a pop up or compensation added right into our inventory with a pop up to let us know or other means of delivery, that says sorry for the problems this has caused and a care package of diamonds, instants and pet food, ect. (depending on what players may have lost because of the bug) should be sent to all players to show that INNO really cares about its players. The most negative thing I hear and read about is INNO's lack of communication and how is seems they don't care about the players. I think this would go a very long way in changing this out look and help retain players in the game.

This could (should) also be done in beta to help keep beta players happy and willing to help find and trouble shoot bugs as well, seeing as beta is run almost like live cities (using our own resources), a little care package to help with resources every month or two would go a long way to making us feel like INNO appreciates our help in beta. This might also help to recruit new beta players, as there would be more of an incentive to join beta and help out.

In beta the first one to post a bug report and have it confirmed gets 100 diamonds, but mostly the same players find the bugs or are able to post them first, part of the reason for this is because of the time updates are released as only certain time zones are even awake when updates are released. If everyone in beta got a care package once every month or two this would help every beta player feel like their efforts where not in vain.
The players understand that bugs and problems happen in the game (especially in beta), but when no info or compensation is given it seems like INNO doesn't understand or care about its beta players or its live players (customers).

Pros : Players will feel that INNO understands, cares more about them and will be less upset and frustrated when problems do happen in the game. If a care package was given to Beta players every month or two it wold help retain the Beta players we have and would also help in recruiting new beta players to beta as they would see they were getting something for their time.

Cons : The Dev's will have to figure out the best way to deliver the message and the care package and figure out how much compensation a bug deserves depending on what it may have cost players.

+1

DeletedUser

@Sir Squirrel this was a really good post, thank you for explaining it better. After thinking about this for a little bit and seeing my bug report sitting there for now 8 days even though 6 other people had the same problem, and that I had to write a couple times on live to convince the customer support the steel factories levels were incorrect, I'm not sure anything will change until something more drastic happens.

Heymrdiedier

i remember getting compensations in the past.
At least 1 magic residence everyone got for free after the event building rebalancing.
Didnt we also get some unicorns at other occasions? (i personally dont like unicorns so i forget about those fast).
On beta we got 10 free teleport spells.
there might have been more, but cant remember it all :)

Sir Squirrel

Yes Heymrdiedier, we have got a few things in the past, I will give you that. But what did we get for all the troops and goods that we all lost testing the spire (they could have given us some time instants and supply instants to replenish some of our troops and maybe a few MM spells to help us recoup some goods and it would cost them nothing, but would have made a big difference to us) , or all the resources and time we used here and on live to upgrade manufactories and workshops for the last event, and now the losses of troops from the tournaments the last week or two because of another bug that got to live? I think it is time INNO really started to show that they appreciate what we do here in beta and to show the players on live that when stuff gets messed up that they are willing to throw us a little help to recoup from bugs and changes that end up costing us in time and resources. I think it would really help players to feel like they actually care about us at least a little, tiny bit!
I am not suggesting they give us a ton of free stuff, only that they show a little compassion and understanding and help us recoup from testing stuff here in beta and show that to live players as well. I think when they changed the event so we had to have all current manufactories and workshops that if they would have given everyone some time and supply instants it would have gone over a lot smoother then it did!
I remember there was a post a couple months ago about how we could get more players to join beta and I think them offering a little bit of incentive would help with that and help retain the players we have here now as well.

Last edited:

Verde

Is it just my imagination (haven't been helping out in Beta for so long yet) or is Elvenar getting buggier in the last while?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Is it just my imagination (haven't been helping out in Beta for so long yet) or is Elvenar getting buggier in the last while?
I would say the opposite, honestly.
Judging from the amount of bug reports that come in, the game seems to be getting less buggy.
Maybe you get the opposite feeling because you are affected by the bugs more then you used to?

DeletedUser

While I'm not 100% sure this is a bug on live or intentional, I am getting free kp. I thought I did a couple of days ago but it happened so fast I wasn't quite sure. Yesterday I noticed it on 2 of my cities. Thank you.