• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Compensation announcement

CrazyWizard

I still have winter stars on most of my towns. One of my towns has several of these in the town and in its inventory, this town was at max chapter when I got them and is max chapter now. I still found them beneficial to my town. I had considered deleting them around elementals but still found them beneficial and kept them knowing how powerful they were as I hoped the upgrade option would come giving me some powerful event building options. Now I might be an exception but perhaps not, I also don't take 6 months per chapter or feel I play slowly (on my main towns anyway ;))

You arent the only one, I too still have the a massive amount of the old buildings for exactly the same reason as you do, and I also know other people who did the same.
Only at the elementals did I feel the buildings were about the level to be on par with the normal buildings. and there 3-4 chapters old. but I never deleted them knowing what they could become once an upgrade option would be implemented. which I expected to be sooner but still expected to be somewhere down the line.

Deleted User - 60152

@Marindor

Thank you for the explanation. It is appreciated. Although to be honest something like that should have been posted within a few days (if not hours) of the complaints being posted by the players.

Again, communication is one of the biggest problems this game has. And something as potentially damaging to the players should ALWAYS ALWAYS be announced in advance.

While i agree INNO needs to move into long term develop thinking - if they weren't so dang blasted set in stone with their we have to release an update every 2 weeks - and actually utilized the BETA server to test update/upgrades and find out how something affects players outside of the devs testing and would tweak based on what actually happens on BETA BEFORE anything is released on live (regardless of a stupid timeline) the game would improve dramatically.

Again, thank you for the post - it was very informative and appreciated.

Calenmir

@WolfSinger I would also love to see beta used as a true testing and not a 'to be released to live regardless of feedback' system. I think that is one of the hardest things we deal with. We give FB then it goes to live anyway. It should only go to live once all bugs are fixed - whether it is a bug or a 'gift' as was explained here. Whatever hits the live servers should be 'ready to go'. But like you I much appreciate the time they have taken to answer. Now... we just need to work on them agreeing with us about the live releases!! lol.

SoggyShorts

@Mykan
So even in your example my statement is correct that they are no longer overpowered.- You got the best winter stars that were possible, and they weren't overpowered last week- Even the developers agree with me since they saw fit to give you +10 pop on each one with the rebalance.:)

DeletedUser1657

@Mykan
So even in your example my statement is correct that they are no longer overpowered.- You got the best winter stars that were possible, and they weren't overpowered last week- Even the developers agree with me since they saw fit to give you +10 pop on each one with the rebalance.:)

Looking at only my town yep, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't bother me about the re-balance as a whole (not talking communication of it).While I don't have the data or insights of the devs I can see enough to understand the need/desire for the change. The compensation is a great addition this time, something those who suffered mass population loss with the GA did not have. So I think things are improving even if not 100% to the liking of everyone or as fast as we might like.

DeletedUser

I take it we can't change Fellowships until we get the Phoenix Cult building? I'm hoping it'll be before the tournament starts so I can change, it's already arranged (In the live servers). It would be better if I could change right away? I don't know if players are somehow marked as getting them whether they're still in the FS that reached the 3rd stage or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

I take it we can't change Fellowships until we get the Phoenix Cult building? I'm hoping it'll be before the tournament starts so I can change, it's already arranged (In the live servers). It would be better if I could change right away? I don't know if players are somehow marked as getting them whether they're still in the FS that reached the 3rd stage or not?
im not sure how exactly they will do the compensation, but i dont think you need to stay in your FS for it. I assume they will just reward that building to everyone who received the venars rock I. thats probably something they can still see in the database.

Its not because your FS finished the 3rd map, that you contributed to it and got the reward, so if you didnt contribute i assume you wont be getting the extra compensation.

But that are a lot of assumptions :)

DeletedUser607

@Marindor

this is a great posting, thank you for putting that efford and time into it.

So, as you may know, the same discussion is steaming on the german servers, and I think, many other servers aswell (because it was done everywhere).

so, ask you moderator-collegues, that they translate the posting to their native language and propagate it throughout the elvenar forums.

it would help a lot.

and keep in mind, you have by writing this posting already done 75% of the job.

DeletedUser

im not sure how exactly they will do the compensation, but i dont think you need to stay in your FS for it. I assume they will just reward that building to everyone who received the venars rock I. thats probably something they can still see in the database.

Its not because your FS finished the 3rd map, that you contributed to it and got the reward, so if you didnt contribute i assume you wont be getting the extra compensation.

But that are a lot of assumptions :)

They don't say we have to have finished the 3rd map, they say we have to have made it to the 3rd Stage. I think it's probably best to stay with the FS we made it there with?

DeletedUser607

well, that's the problem.

I wasn't sure what they meant.

so I asked

and when I ask, I expect the right answer...

DeletedUser1163

Check your Summonings tab in the inventory. Marindor announced in the Forum that all existing accounts should be getting one free Magic Residence of your chapter, and a free Royal Restoration spell when it becomes available. Thank you. That was a nice way of apologizing.

The reason for doing this is because of their recent update to version 1.54 in which a number of our oldest event buildings have been rebalanced. The reward buildings of the Fellowship Adventure that ended May 9 were also rebalanced. To compensate for that, all players who are in Fellowships that reached the third stage of the event will receive a free Phoenix Cult building of their chapter, which gives both Population and Culture.

While rebalancing was necessary for the game’s future, the game designers also realize that the effects of this are too big to ignore for already existing accounts. As their way of apologizing, we are being rewarded with free buildings.

We Elvenar players have put up with a lot. Between our battle system being changed, the Orc requirement when you reach Ring 11 (don’t over scout) and now finding we have minus available population and culture, some of us are about to give up. Having minus population has hurt many of our fellowship members to the point where they have lost their enthusiasm for this game. Some are even logging in less and less.

It’s a bad omen to decrease the happiness gained from Unicorns and the consequences of decreasing our available population and culture could be the downfall of Elvenar. How about throwing in some
free land expansions to build the Magic Residence and/or Phoenix Cult building? That might peak interest in playing Elvenar again.

P.S. On the U.S. server, my Available Population in Arendyll is: -2,209 and my Culture is -4,998.
I’m not looking forward to seeing what happened in Winyandor.

You could look at it this way. Not having available population means no one is unemployed. But then again, no one is available to build anything! Arrrrrr!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

I’ve finally realized that Elvenar is a work in progress. Knowing that means there will be more changes yet to come. I just hope it's not detrimental to our game progress. I love the architecture and animated graphics of some of these older buildings. Some must be three years old. That’s how long I've been in the realm of Elvenar.

The Father Tree is beautiful but it lost 1000 culture for the chapter I'm in. In my city, the Tower of the Winter King lost 1000 population. That's entirely too much. Many more trees lost a lot of culture. Even Wonky Walter now has less of an audience.

I can only assume the game designers don't want us to hold onto old event buildings but they're quite beautiful. I have a hard time calling in the Orc demolition squad to tear them down.

The free Magic Residence I agree was fair compensation, even though the Orcs drastically changed the look to their Orc standards: crude and scary as seen through an elf’s eyes. I am going to miss the architecture of the Fairy Guest Race when they leave. I will wait before having anything demolished in anticipation of the Restoration spell and the community-based building.

Those of us who haven’t given up on Elvenar yet will persevere. Giving us Elvenar players the deed to some free land would help ease the struggle some of us are having getting our cities back to normal

SoggyShorts

Which may be next to impossible for some players to get.
Actually they way I understand it, it will be completely impossible for most players to get it.
If (as they said) it will be something that can be won with forum contests, that means most players will not win.:(

Ashrem

Actually they way I understand it, it will be completely impossible for most players to get it.
If (as they said) it will be something that can be won with forum contests, that means most players will not win.:(
You are neglecting the 324,000 people who follow elvenar on Facebook, therefore receive the posts in their feed.
upload_2018-5-25_6-19-54.png

SoggyShorts

You are neglecting the 324,000 people who follow elvenar on Facebook, therefore receive the posts in their feed.
Do the contests have an "everyone who plays gets a prize" format? If not, still impossible for most players to win.;)