• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Community based building - Question 3

Which guest race style would you like this building to be based on ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iDavis

Residences and workshops are not best examples, halflings and elementals seem similarly. Probably guest race manufactories are better to make style for this community building.

DeletedUser1075

I'm a bit late to the "community building" discussion, but I can't help but feel this is a bit of a letdown. A 2x2 culture+pop building in the Elemental style is apparently supposed to be a "status symbol" for those of us active in the forum and on the FB page? I had hoped for something more valuable that would actually inspire others to ask how we got it, and potentially drive more activity on the forum.

I mean, maybe if it offers 10k culture + 10k pop... but I don't see that happening.

SoggyShorts

I'm a bit late to the "community building" discussion, but I can't help but feel this is a bit of a letdown.
I really don't see where they can go from here that won't be a letdown. Most likely the stats will be low enough that I won't care. For a 2x2 building to be powerful enough that I would care would mean that players would be annoyed that it is available on such a limited basis.

Or maybe there will be a massive change from 3 forum contests in the ~2 years since I started playing (on US server, zero on Beta I think) up to 2 per month, but that doesn't make sense either with the apparent focus on mobile play. So what then? Lots of FB contests? Gross.

Heymrdiedier

I really don't see where they can go from here that won't be a letdown. Most likely the stats will be low enough that I won't care. For a 2x2 building to be powerful enough that I would care would mean that players would be annoyed that it is available on such a limited basis.

Or maybe there will be a massive change from 3 forum contests in the ~2 years since I started playing (on US server, zero on Beta I think) up to 2 per month, but that doesn't make sense either with the apparent focus on mobile play. So what then? Lots of FB contests? Gross.

the only 2x2 building i would be extremely happy with, is one that would allow me to unresearch all my optional squad size upgrades i mistakenly researched before they changed the mechanics behind it. :)

but i doubt that will happen. Kinda dissapointed they still didnt tackle the unfairness of those optional SS upgrades by now tho.

SoggyShorts

the only 2x2 building i would be extremely happy with, is one that would allow me to unresearch all my optional squad size upgrades i mistakenly researched before they changed the mechanics behind it. :)
but i doubt that will happen. Kinda dissapointed they still didnt tackle the unfairness of those optional SS upgrades by now tho.
If they do go that route(even without a building) they'd have to make it very limited, or else I'd abuse the crap out of it.
I skipped almost all techs, but I also have some 20+ provinces open- taking all of the SS techs, clearing those provinces, and then dropping the techs for the tournament is definitely something I would do.;)

Better that they just rebalance the whole tournament by +-x% and base costs/ss off of last SS tech unlocked. Or, (and I know this would upset some players) base it off provinces cleared again. I mean a tournament is a bit of a competition, and it should be a more level playing field, so giving bigger cities a bit of a handicap isn't a terrible idea.

DeletedUser1371

have to admit that I haven't been here for a while. Any news on the topic?