• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Community based building - Question 2

Which effect would you like this building to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement about our upcoming community based building here and let us know your preference on the second question in this poll!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

I voted for Culture + Extra Culture on top.
Extra population boost (I think the same way as GA and MH) would be oke too,

But please, what ever you do, no more buildings with coins/supplies/goods/units. I'm begging you, enough already. You've punished us enough with these nonsense buildings :(

DeletedUser

for chapter 12 it will be either seeds or t4 which are both good to have for me here

Would be good for me too, but I also want to think about players in pre-mana chapters. For them these buildings are worthless, especially because they usually have a low culture value

Dony

King of Bugs
i dont think personally that 4 tiles big culture building will have lots of culture
also let me be selfish here, if that low chapter people want some building then they should come to the forums and vote themselves since this prize is intended for people who participate here on forums

Last edited:

MalpA

It should be Population + culture building...( more pop then cult)
Like Dony said, small building just cant give much of culture, and there is much better options ...but some extra pop is always good choice even for early chapter players

DeletedUser724

Culture + Extra Culture on top........ culture with additional culture...it do not make sense

Culture + Production (type of production varying based on the chapter)...culture with production....what is it ? we do not need it, we just cast spell on goods , however..if it is a super big production boost (say 50% ) like MH , that should be ok

Culture + Population boost... I vote this...it is more reasonable

it is a "community", where people come together to have fun/chat.... so it should give culture
it is a "community", where many people gathering, so it will also give population
To make it more realistic....
the base value should be linked with amount of fellowship member with vary with chapter
Bigger fellowship means more members and more community-related activities
each chapter give 0.1%, chapter 1 is 0.1%, chapter 2 is 0.2%...etc
if your fellowship has 25 members, in chapter 1,it is 25X0.1% = 2.5%, chapter 2 will be 25X0.2%= 5.0%
each member will have a different values, if they want to get more, do more chapters
it is a value to BOOST both culture (all culture buildings) and population ( not just boost population only )

SoggyShorts

it is a "community", where people come together to have fun/chat.... so it should give culture
it is a "community", where many people gathering, so it will also give population
I think you misunderstand what they mean by "community" building.
It is not a public park where people gather with their friends etc
It is a building designed by players in the forums and facebook "communities."

Perhaps the name is a little misleading, it should be

"Building designed with the help of players, that can be won in forum and facebook contests"

SoggyShorts

But please, what ever you do, no more buildings with coins/supplies/goods/units. I'm begging you, enough already. You've punished us enough with these nonsense buildings :(
While I agree that the coins/supplies are pretty weak, I love my troops buildings (Hey inno, 3 events no upgrades available?) and would appreciate more ways to get seeds.

Honestly I'm disappointed in the options, I was hoping that such a rare building would give something that you can't already get for free.

Like a set building that matches any set:eek:

DeletedUser118

If you want small seeds buildings, there were two already as daily prizes during this event. ;)

SoggyShorts

If you want small seeds buildings, there were two already as daily prizes during this event. ;)
Of course, but voting on event buildings isn't what this thread is about.

Even if the new building gave 1,000 culture per square, more than any other building in the game, would 4K culture make any difference to a player in chapter 11+?
For a culture&pop, something better than even the tower of the winter king giving 400 pop and culture per square wouldn't have a great impact on chapter 11+

The building is simply too small for even really good per square numbers to matter.

Of the choices, something that makes seeds is clearly better than a 4 square culture or culture&pop building would be for late game players.
For other chapters anything more space efficient than a normal building is fine, since everything you need can be obtained with other buildings, and space lets you get more of it. I don't imagine chapter 9&10 players want a pure culture when they need mana and get so much culture from those mana buildings though.

Since the coins/supplies/mana/seeds buildings tend to help late game players more than others, and late game players are the smallest demographic, I don't expect it to win the vote.

Like I said, something unique would have been nice, like a culture or culture and pop building that also
  • counts as any set building
  • counts as a road
  • boosts the level of an AW that it touches
  • boosts factories or workshops that it touches like a weaker PoP/MM spell
  • speeds up production of buildings that it touches
  • gives timer instants every x hours
  • lets you hold additional builder buffs
  • gives you an additional scout every x days
  • produces event currency
I'm sure we could come up with something more interesting than the choices we've been given.:(

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

I voted for the culture and population boost. Don't want my citizens getting too happy, and having too much fun when they should be working.
Oh no! That sounds like what my boss at work would say.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

I think you misunderstand what they mean by "community" building.
It is not a public park where people gather with their friends etc
It is a building designed by players in the forums and facebook "communities."

Perhaps the name is a little misleading, it should be

"Building designed with the help of players, that can be won in forum and facebook contests"

same meaning
"with the help of players, that can be won in forum and facebook contests" ...so player won something and happy...that is culture
"with the help of players" .... many players come ...that is population

do not mis-direct it
it is not with the help of 1 player, that won in forum and facebook contests...

it should give more people happiness thro' "won" and <--culture [happy face]
get more peoples involved <-- population

DeletedUser118

I hope the ppl who voted for culture and pop are aware that I can upgrade my residences at any time to get more population but the amount of population of this building will always stay the same. Besides, its not really the biggest building, so it probably won't have such high numbers anyways.

I have to admit I would have chosen one of soggy's suggestions but since they are not available up there I went for the cult and product choice cuz I need more seeds god damnit! o_O

DeletedUser1371

What is meant with "production"? Only coins, supplies and goods? Or is it mana or seeds or whatever of that kind is coming?

DeletedUser1767

I initially read the "boost" part of the description to mean that rather than just give X culture or X pop, it gave you a percentage modifier or something, like e.g. five percent more culture/population than you'd have without it.

Too bad population for lower chapters, mana/seeds/T4/&c for higher chapters isn't an option. That would have the best chance of actually being useful to everyone.

Loki Blue

also
  • counts as any set building
  • counts as a road
  • boosts the level of an AW that it touches
  • boosts factories or workshops that it touches like a weaker PoP/MM spell
  • speeds up production of buildings that it touches
  • gives timer instants every x hours
  • lets you hold additional builder buffs
  • gives you an additional scout every x days
  • produces event currency
I'm sure we could come up with something more interesting than the choices we've been given.:(

• Storage ;)

SoggyShorts

I specifically left out storage since the devs have said no multiple times, and I find almost all of the other options to be far more useful.
I really don't get why so many players ask for storage. Either you want a building in your city or not. If you don't want it in your city now, why would you ever want it in the future after you've unlocked even better buildings?

If it's just to make arranging your city easier, there are already plenty of ways to do that like doing massive renovations between guest races, or getting an expansion.

Loki Blue

I specifically left out storage since the devs have said no multiple times, and I find almost all of the other options to be far more useful.
I really don't get why so many players ask for storage. Either you want a building in your city or not. If you don't want it in your city now, why would you ever want it in the future after you've unlocked even better buildings?

If it's just to make arranging your city easier, there are already plenty of ways to do that like doing massive renovations between guest races, or getting an expansion.

I'd give you the same answer here that I did on the US forum, but I don't feel like repeating myself right now. Besides, if it wasn't me, someone else would make the suggestion. At least I can keep it to a single word. :D

Heymrdiedier

While I agree that the coins/supplies are pretty weak, I love my troops buildings (Hey inno, 3 events no upgrades available?) and would appreciate more ways to get seeds.

Honestly I'm disappointed in the options, I was hoping that such a rare building would give something that you can't already get for free.

Like a set building that matches any set:eek:

im assuming the real good thing comes in poll 3, unless if thats about how it should look. :)