• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [Communication] Please make email notifications of forum posts opt in not opt out

DeletedUser651

I checked my email and I have hundreds of messages from Elvenar about every forum post I have ever discussed. I have tried numerous times to block the game from sending me these messages. I have unclicked every box I could find. Most of the time though, the boxes for the email notifications are off the screen so if I don't remember to scroll down, I don't see the box I have to uncheck. I can't imagine that too many folks want to be endlessly notified of every random comment.

Couldn't we make it so getting email notifications of forum posts is an opt in option instead of having to opt out?

DeletedUser246

@Bobbykitty

#1 Click on your name:
VgO3goS.png

#2 Search Preferences and click again.
SeNcfcd.png

#3 And, uncheck this option, "and receive email notifications of replies"
xCMvUOM.png
That helped me.

I hope this helps you!
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Email notifications have already been turned off for new registrations, but the default is still "yes" for watching threads you create or comment in (so that you do receive an alert). As your account has been created before that change, Bobbykitty, this change in settings did not change it for your account. You can indeed use the steps Ballantines described to change your settings. :)