• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Communication] Emoticons in Chat

• Thread starter DeletedUser1075
  • Start date

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1075

Summary
Have emoticons in the chat

Description
It would be helpful to have emoticons in chat. This shouldn't be hard to implement, as there are multiple emoticon repositories out there that could easily be purchased and implemented within the existing in-game FS chat.

Motivation
Emoticons help with communication and make it more enjoyable. Most chat systems include emoticons because they are fun, and a welcome part of messaging. It would be great to have them here.

Possible downsides
/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1910

+1
If possible the ability to make small group list of other players not in current FS.

DeletedUser1939

whisper tabs? we can already whisper!!!

yes a tab for mages and anything above would be helpfull.....

Dhurrin

+1
Chat and mail could definitely need some upgrades.
I'm not a great fan of the emoticons everywhere, but they pretty much are incorporated in language anyway, so I see no reason why it shouldnt.

DeletedUser1075

I agree the whole system needs an upgrade... though I was hoping for a small incremental to actually happen rather than the devs just ignoring a large request. But everyone is right. I will amend my original post so it is clear on what we could/should ask the devs to look into.

sunrae

+1 It would be useful to be able to speak to neighbours as well as fs members. I think it would help the trader board considerably.

DeletedUser1901

*insert sarcasm/joke disclaimer here* The global chat can't have the slash-who function or else we would see just how empty the World Map really is.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

I've opened this topic for voting and edited the opening post accordingly.
Please note that we will need separate ideas-topics for the additional suggestions (copy paste was discussed here ) like click-able links and whisper conversations.

Good luck!

DeletedUser1075

Please keep in mind this isn't an either-or. If you would prefer something else, and vote no here, it doesn't mean you get anything else, it just means the devs will think we never want emoticons in the chat.

Of course chat needs to be more user-friendly. Put a suggestion elsewhere for that.