• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce clicking on the inactive spire crashes the game

Avenahar

Game version: 1.8x
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Google Chrome, current version
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.207
Operating System: windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Avenahar
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation: Spire activity stops while game is opened. The spire is still full visible. After clicking on the spire an alert box gives the information that the spire isn't active anymore. After confirming the ok-button, the game strats to reload but while shutting down the barr stops at the half in the game is frozen. Manual reload is necessary. After the reload of the game is spire was taken away and only the rock is left.
__

Expected situation: the reload of the game after clicking on the inactive spire should work automatically without crash of the game.

Reproduction Steps
1. my town was opened during the activity of the spire stopped
2. the spire was still full visible after its activity stopped and it was not obvious that the activity already stopped
3. after clicking on the spire an alert box informed me that the spire isn't active anymore
4. after conforming the ok button in thi9s alert box the game started to reload automatically
5. while shutting down, the barr which shows the status of reloading stopped at the middle of its way and the game was frozen
6. Manual reload was necessary
7. After the reload of the game the spire appeared being inactive and clicking on it wasn't possible anymore

Last edited:

DeletedUser2690

Thank you for your input. The report is being investigated.

DeletedUser2690

@Avenahar Could you please outline the steps to this bug in following format, please? They must be outlined as such to forward to the developers. Thank you.

Reproduction Steps

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Avenahar

I can't reproduce. The game crashed, I reloaded and the spire was inactive. What do you want me to fill in this list?

DeletedUser2690

@Avenahar You have a list of the steps you went through in the original post. I could put them in the 1,2,3 format; but could easily miss something, plus I don't think that's allowed. Only if I can reproduce am I allowed to outline the steps. The developers just need you to put those steps in your original post in a 1,2,3 format. My apologies for any inconvenience. Bug reports have to be outlined specifically or we cannot submit them. Like you, I cannot reproduce until it ends again, if at all.

DeletedUser2576

I think thats how it is supposed to function except of
point 5, which feels like it has nothing to do with the error description.

The serverrequest that happens when you hit the spire throws a GameException with the message that the spire is not active anymore.
Like every Non SoftGameException this results into reloading the game so the spire disappears.

Sure it could be changed to a SoftGameException but this would result in the spire not disappearing.

DeletedUser2690

At the exact moment the spire is supposed to end, it is no longer visible. I clicked on it, but nothing happened. Cannot reproduce.