• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City zoom

DeletedUser778

I don't like the new "feature" that cities one visits are always zoomed in and Marindor statet that it's not a bug.
This is not a bug, but it's something that's changed in the current game version. Should you wish to have this changed to zoomed-out , please feel free to open a discussion thread about that in the General Discussion forum, so we can elaborate about it and hear what other's think! For now, I'll archive this thread as "not a bug" :)
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/visited-cities-appear-zoomed-in-when-opening.3156/
I would like to start a poll, but I can't find any option to do so, so I suggest we are counting like in the Human vs Elves thread. ;)
-1 For not liking it
+1 For liking it
and of course only one count per player ;)
I would love to have it the other way round, since I normally play zoomed out and only zoom in sometimes if I want to check something closer.

So -1 from me.

What do you think about it?

DeletedUser283

this is not a bug, eh ?
you're right, Marindor, this is rather the developers trolling us ! :D

DeletedUser629

-1 from me as well. It's not that much trouble to scroll my mouse wheel, but once i zoomed-out i'd like it to stay that way.

DeletedUser118

-1 Same here. I can undo it easily by using my mouse wheel but once chosen it should stay zoomed out.

DeletedUser651

-1 It gives me a headache to have to keep adjusting. It really tires my eyes.

DeletedUser607

I'm not happy with that setting, because usually the main hall is in focus, and uses most of the screen, while the players locate their culture-buildings somewhere at the edge of the city...

DeletedUser283

it should indeed act just like it does in FOE : if my city is zoomed-in, visited cities will be zoomed-in
glad to know it is now considered as a bug ;)

DeletedUser1025

visiting cities is a problem already (after visiting a few, the count depending on your hardware, the game has to be reloaded...or your browser gets stuck and you can restart:))
Another step of zooming in his makes neighbourly help a real nuisance. Surely this could not be intended as an "improvement"!!!!

DeletedUser538

-1 from me too, I hate this 'new feature', it is awful :eek:
... and am very glad it is now considered a bug :)

We are closing this discussion now, as we are already processing this report via this thread.

Also, a quick FYI: the fix for this bug is planned for version 0.23, which is due to be installed on Beta next week. ;)