• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[City] Verification popup when placing Expansions

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Implement an extra confirmation button for placing city expansions.

Description
When placing a city expansion, I'd like to get an extra confirmation button to verify I want to place my expansion on that spot.

Motivation
I just placed an expansion yesterday...but not where I wanted it :(
I was trying to move my city map to where I wanted to place my expansion and the game set my expansion in a very inappropriate place. I would like to suggest a VERIFY balloon when you place an expansion so this does not happen.

More user friendly - Would prevent players from accidentally placing expansions in the wrong area. Would also reduce number of support tickets and disappointed players.

Possible downsides
More clicks, but it's not something you do very regularly so that shouldn't be a big issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with you, caveman64: it's not happened yet to me, but I would not it happened in the future! ;)

DeletedUser1247

agree, i had it happen to me also, but it was totally on me for getting in a hurry. it was late in my city stages so it wasn't much an issue as sooner or later one would be placed there anyways.

DeletedUser

...hope that as soon as possible, they give us this possibility 'cause it's a real bad thing when it unfortunately happens! :mad:

DeletedUser

Thank you very much, Lauwi: it'd be very helpful for all of us, especially giving sufficient consideration to the high cost the placement of an expansion requires step by step in the game! ;)

DeletedUser442

Thank you very much. It will be very helpful when it's implemented.

DeletedUser283

this suggestion has been pushed forward on FoE for the same reasons (possibility to place an expansion at a very inconvenient place);
a result is still awaited for, so ... do not start rejoicing, but let's keep hoping for the better :)

DeletedUser

I'm sure that as soon as possible this little feature'll be implemented;)

DeletedUser

That idea is interesting indeed, but for now I'd just be happy to have a confirmation window before placing an expansion. :)

So far I've not made any mistakes, but I can see how easy it would be to do so, especially while trying to move around the city map just before placing.

DeletedUser43

Was wondering all the time where I saw a similar idea and I finally found it:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/moving-extensions.1475/

I know you guys in here rather want a pop up asking Windows style if you are sure you want your Expansion placed where it currently is. But check out that idea. Wouldn't it be a good one too? :)

Good thinking! The thread about moving expansions is indeed relevant to this thread about a confirmation message before placing an expansion. For everyone: please check out the thread about moving expansions here (click) and support the idea if you like it. :)

DeletedUser1548

Wouldn't be better if it was possible to move (empty) expansions?
When new races come I see sometimes it would be better to change the shape of my city and it would also solve the problem of bad placing. ;)

DeletedUser1681

Wouldn't be better if it was possible to move (empty) expansions?
When new races come I see sometimes it would be better to change the shape of my city and it would also solve the problem of bad placing. ;)
I voted yes for confirmation pop-up.

But if it is at all possible to do it in a way that ag123 suggests that would be really great. As city grows "older" it would be very handy to be able to move empty expansions on the edges. Would make it possible to plan more interesting city layouts.